LifeintheRed

Hoodwinked by J'Den Cox?

18 hours ago, LifeintheRed said:

It is crazy- agreed! Almost as crazy as claiming you got weigh-in times mixed up and showing up overweight for Olympic trials or using a 1-minute practice room video as proof that Cox will beat Snyder. I do not know one wrestler, ever, who has not gotten taken down in a practice room at least once. :)

Edited by fadzaev2

On 5/9/2021 at 1:00 AM, Plasmodium said:

When did Cox lose to Snyder? Over six years ago?

This is crazy.   If Cox wants his legacy to be the best American, he has to we earn it in the Olympics.  No way he forfeits one of three chances to be an Olympic gold medalist. 

Whose wrestling room is this....I know I've seen it before?

Edited by fadzaev2

regarding the video, Snyder got the takedown at the end.   That's what I saw.  Had Cox on his back no less. 

My opinion based on the video is unchanged.  Snyder would have beat him at  OTTs. 

mspart

On 5/10/2021 at 11:19 AM, mspart said:

regarding the video, Snyder got the takedown at the end.   That's what I saw.  Had Cox on his back no less. 

My opinion based on the video is unchanged.  Snyder would have beat him at  OTTs. 

mspart

Looked like time was up and Cox let go and rolled to his back. Regardless, it’s clearly not a super high intensity go and you can’t infer too much from a one minute go at practice. 

On 5/10/2021 at 11:19 AM, mspart said:

mspart

You crazy. Cox got a TD at about the 35 second park. Cox rolled to his own back at the end after they had both stopped wrestling. Of course, it's meaningless either way. Reminds me of the time I played one-on-one with Kobe Bryant and got the first basket by shooting from 25 feet. He did much better after that.

So his entire plan was based on a committee declining his appeal?

Not to mention he has dedicated his entire life to be the best wrestler he can be, beat DT on a bad knee at trials, won the world championship and lost a very controversial match to Snyder 6 years ago but now he decides beforehand he has no chance of beating Snyder at trials - despite Cox’s improvement compared to the field and Snyder‘a comparative regression?

This theory is one of the worst things I’ve read on this site tbh.

Edited by wamba

Cox seems like a total stand-up, honest guy. 

You may or may not enjoy his wrestling style, but I find it hard to doubt his integrity.   

(For example: I didn't like the way his last match with Taylor went down, but I don't think the sweat on the mat or the way the ref  governed the bout was his fault or responsibility.)

He's an asset to the wrestling community and is able to keep the larger picture in mind even as he is a fierce, tough, and smart competitor.   

My two 1/2 cents.

Edited by dmm53

On 5/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, wamba said:

So his entire plan was based on a committee declining his appeal?

Not to mention he has dedicated his entire life to be the best wrestler he can be, beat DT on a bad knee at trials, won the world championship and lost a very controversial match to Snyder 6 years ago but now he decides beforehand he has no chance of beating Snyder at trials - despite Cox’s improvement compared to the field and Snyder‘a comparative regression?

This theory is one of the worst things I’ve read on this site tbh.

Well tbh right back atcha, I'm glad you can read and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Since you're so sure what it isn't, you must know what it is? pray tell . . . 

10 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Cox seems like a total stand-up, honest guy. 

You may or may not enjoy his wrestling style, but I find it hard to doubt his integrity.   

(For example: I didn't like the way his last match with Taylor went down, but I don't think the sweat on the mat or the way the ref  governed the bout was his fault or responsibility.)

He's an asset to the wrestling community and is able to keep the larger picture in mind even as he is a fierce, tough, and smart competitor.   

My two 1/2 cents.

My thoughts as well.

If the OP's hypothetical is accurate, Cox has actually been hoodwinking us for nearly a decade, and doesn't really stand for any of the things he's claimed.

That feels like a stretch to me, and as much as his weight miss is hard to fathom, I think the simplest explanation is probably the truth.

Flo's Bader had a real good opportunity to ask some tough questions to Cox, but he failed to do so.  How do you not ask him what happened with the Trials?  Also, how does he not follow up and ask who Cox is not happy with for not backing him up?  Maybe even ask Cox what he would've done if it was Snyder who missed weight?   I enjoy Bader but these guys don't know how to ask good questions.

ON a side note, I did find the Cox' brothers interview very good.  Best of luck to J'den's brother in his quest to get a kidney transplant.

On 5/16/2021 at 2:38 AM, LifeintheRed said:

Well tbh right back atcha, I'm glad you can read and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Since you're so sure what it isn't, you must know what it is? pray tell . . . 

Are you for real?

I clearly outlined how absurd your theory is in my post. Would you like to address the points I brought up which show how insane your theory is?

Or is your defense simply - no one REALLY knows what happened so surely my ridiculous theory is the most likely scenario?