Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

A new phrase needs to be "coined"

Perhaps this is not the right reason to complain. The fact that there is a decision under consideration at all is a win for those trying to save Stanford sports. Many months ago, the decision was presented as final, regardless of any fundraising that could be done. Don't complain, celebrate the fact that there is still a chance to keep the team.

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

That being:

"SLOWER THAN THE STANFORD BOARD OF TRUSTEES"

" Anyone who thought this would be done quickly hasn't been paying much attention about Stanford's administration and how they do things." - Bronco

commenting with your comment. 

It would be an immense win if the program stays.  I think the Stanford, Princeton, and Harvard programs are just as important as the, shall we call them, bulge bracket programs.  There are wrestlers who really care about academics, but the reality is that, a few programs aside, you are expected to subordinate potential future opportunities, and paths that your life can take, for your wrestling team.  Knowing, and having evidence, that wrestling can take you anywhere you want to go is really important IMO, bc the majority of the wrestling community in my experience views academics as a nuisance at best, or more often an unnecessary road block.

Note, I am admittedly not objective here.  I stopped considering D1 the instant a D1 coach told me I wouldn’t have complete freedom to chose my major(s) and my courses.

Edited by Drew87

18 hours ago, IronChef said:

Perhaps this is not the right reason to complain. The fact that there is a decision under consideration at all is a win for those trying to save Stanford sports. Many months ago, the decision was presented as final, regardless of any fundraising that could be done. Don't complain, celebrate the fact that there is still a chance to keep the team.

Unless they're just going through the PC motions and "contemplating" a decision that's already been made.

5 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Maybe they are waiting for the 10 million that was pledged to show up in a Swiss account? 

The amount of accuracy in this is mark wahlburg shooter levels of tremendous.