Jump to content
portajohn

2021 Rumor Mill Tracker

Recommended Posts

Figured it's easier to streamline this on a single thread.  Here's what I got so far.  Please add. Want to see what comes to fruition.

- Wick to Cal Poly

- Griffith joining his sister at PSU

- Beard is getting knee surgery

- Suriano going back to PSU (yup, silly, but it's out there)

- Austin Gomez talking w/Iowa

- Robbie Howard out for next year

- Rob Koll interviewed for the Head Coaching position at Stanford

- Dake to NLWC

Edited by portajohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "concentration" at PSU would be intense.  At 165, Wick, 174, Griffith AND Starocci and then 184 Brooks AND Dean?

doesn't make sense to me that these guys would want to potentially ride the bench behind those existing NCAA champs already on the PSU lineup. But here we are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

The "concentration" at PSU would be intense.  At 165, Wick, 174, Griffith AND Starocci and then 184 Brooks AND Dean?

doesn't make sense to me that these guys would want to potentially ride the bench behind those existing NCAA champs already on the PSU lineup. But here we are...

Dean isn't competing with Brooks at 184. He'll wrestle off against Beard at 197, provided the rumors of Beard needing surgery aren't correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Dean isn't competing with Brooks at 184. He'll wrestle off against Beard at 197, provided the rumors of Beard needing surgery aren't correct.

 

Edit:  not sure why they said not redshirting though, since he already redshirted 

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Dean isn't competing with Brooks at 184. He'll wrestle off against Beard at 197, provided the rumors of Beard needing surgery aren't correct.

I mean, probably not, but I just watched a match last night from when they wrestled, albeit a little while ago, and that was the toughest I’ve seen anyone not named zahid valencia wrestle brooks.

Dean is a national finalist and a strong scrambler, that oughtta count for a little bit of something.

EDIT: I didn’t phrase that correctly. Rumor has it Max Dean will be competitive with the guys in his room at his weight.

OR...did they bring him in to be a chew toy for the RTC guys? You do need bodies when you have that many killers.

Edited by Drew87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

 

Edit:  not sure why they said not redshirting though, since he already redshirted 

bc anyone with a phone and an opinion can create a new unverifiable “fact”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I doubt they’d get Wick AND Griffith, but wouldn’t be surprised at one

Agreed, I think they land one of Wick or Griffith, but not both.  And whoever they get is wrestling at 165.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor mill on Ohio wrestling board is that Echemendia may go 133.  

There is a comment about him being amongst the best on his feet, but having the obvious problems from bottom.

Still not even seeing that he's that good on his feet.  If he was, why wouldn't we see a Kyle Snyder or Kollin Moore rate of attack and finish?  Those superior on their feet should be going for takedown clinics.  Not seeing it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Rumor mill on Ohio wrestling board is that Echemendia may go 133.  

There is a comment about him being amongst the best on his feet, but having the obvious problems from bottom.

Still not even seeing that he's that good on his feet.  If he was, why wouldn't we see a Kyle Snyder or Kollin Moore rate of attack and finish?  Those superior on their feet should be going for takedown clinics.  Not seeing it... 

Anything else reporting on the tOSU forum?  Possible transfers, someone leaving, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Rumor mill on Ohio wrestling board is that Echemendia may go 133.  

There is a comment about him being amongst the best on his feet, but having the obvious problems from bottom.

Still not even seeing that he's that good on his feet.  If he was, why wouldn't we see a Kyle Snyder or Kollin Moore rate of attack and finish?  Those superior on their feet should be going for takedown clinics.  Not seeing it... 

If he’s capable of going 133, but has been all the way up wrestling dudes like Evan Henderson...that’s a big jump.

Also, can’t discount his background.  He has the ability to be a tough as nuts wrestler, but if you watch his interview, he sounds very family oriented, he also struggles with English.  Those are a lot of really big adjustments to make.  I don’t think these aspects get the air time they deserve as reasons why guys don’t perform as anticipated sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Rumor mill on Ohio wrestling board is that Echemendia may go 133.  

I believe that's nonsense. There wasn't any talk of that before FLO/ FRL mentioned it yesterday. Not that I've read...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Drew87 said:

If he’s capable of going 133, but has been all the way up wrestling dudes like Evan Henderson...that’s a big jump.

Also, can’t discount his background.  He has the ability to be a tough as nuts wrestler, but if you watch his interview, he sounds very family oriented, he also struggles with English.  Those are a lot of really big adjustments to make.  I don’t think these aspects get the air time they deserve as reasons why guys don’t perform as anticipated sometimes.

I watched him in high school. He was massively over hyped based on Fargo. Cory Crooks repeatedly handled him in the room at Sunkist. Not that Crooks isn't good, but he's an average D1 guy. If you're getting beat up like that then that tells me you've got some improvements to make. Notice the difference when he's not wrestling high school kids anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I watched him in high school. He was massively over hyped based on Fargo. Cory Crooks repeatedly handled him in the room at Sunkist. Not that Crooks isn't good, but he's an average D1 guy. If you're getting beat up like that then that tells me you've got some improvements to make. Notice the difference when he's not wrestling high school kids anymore. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see how he does just in an Ohio State singlet.  It may have been a bad move to throw him in with  the big boys so early on, he looked real young against some of those grown men.

Little bit too much of the Tom Ryan hype train potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah it will be interesting to see how he does just in an Ohio State singlet.  It may have been a bad move to throw him in with  the big boys so early on, he looked real young against some of those grown men.
Little bit too much of the Tom Ryan hype train potentially.

...Despite being older than most of them.

Going to be funny to see him go under Nick Lee in the second or third. Or get picked apart by RBY.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I wish I could've wrestled in high school at age 23. 

Just say you identify as a high school freshman - some districts might let go back and compete now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...