Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Arizona State adds two more

Recommended Posts

Jaren Powell of Liberty Christian in Northlake, TX - 2 time Texas State champ.  Ranked as a 4 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Projected at either 141 or 149 lbs for college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767173661&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=545341096

Caleb O'Hara of Anchorage, Alaska - 2 time Alaska State champ.  Ranked as a 3 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Project at 125 lbs in college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767523239&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=468264132

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bronco said:

Jaren Powell of Liberty Christian in Northlake, TX - 2 time Texas State champ.  Ranked as a 4 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Projected at either 141 or 149 lbs for college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767173661&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=545341096

Caleb O'Hara of Anchorage, Alaska - 2 time Alaska State champ.  Ranked as a 3 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Project at 125 lbs in college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767523239&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=468264132

 

Like the Johnny Hendricks connection with Powell. ASU finally adding some depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bronco said:

Jaren Powell of Liberty Christian in Northlake, TX - 2 time Texas State champ.  Ranked as a 4 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Projected at either 141 or 149 lbs for college

8th at 138 at Preps last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Don't think this commitment got the attention it deserved. Kilic could ultimately end up being their long term solution at 157. Really like his trajectory as of late as well. 

Is he class of 2022?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those first two guys actual D1 level recruits? Powell was  2x Texas Prep state champ, which is not nearly the same thing as public. His bracket had 8 guys in it and you don't have to qualify. He also got 8th in the National Preps this year and DNP last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronChef said:

Are those first two guys actual D1 level recruits? Powell was  2x Texas Prep state champ, which is not nearly the same thing as public. His bracket had 8 guys in it and you don't have to qualify. He also got 8th in the National Preps this year and DNP last year. 

Are they podium contenders?  Probably not. But they add solid depth and bodies in the room. Powell I know is a hard worker and an asset to have to add depth. You never know too. Come in, work hard, and results you didn’t think possible suddenly become reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronChef said:

Are those first two guys actual D1 level recruits? Powell was  2x Texas Prep state champ, which is not nearly the same thing as public. His bracket had 8 guys in it and you don't have to qualify. He also got 8th in the National Preps this year and DNP last year. 

It's just sad and pathetic that SOME people feel the need to try to tear down young men who just committed themselves to ANYTHING these days.   Sad and pathetic indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bronco said:

It's just sad and pathetic that SOME people feel the need to try to tear down young men who just committed themselves to ANYTHING these days.   Sad and pathetic indeed.

Please get over yourself. I didn't tear anyone down. Discussing if someone going to a trophy-winning NCAA team is a talent fit with that level is what message boards are for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

It’s on the intermat recruiting list page. 

Yikes!  Didn't Willie just buy them?!?!?!  Got scooped by his own people.  Lol!  ;)

Edited by MSU158

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronco said:

It's just sad and pathetic that SOME people feel the need to try to tear down young men who just committed themselves to ANYTHING these days.   Sad and pathetic indeed.

I don't see where he tried to tear them down.  Just stated facts and questioned how good they could be at the D1 level.  Nothing malicious there, quit being so sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Yikes!  Didn't Willie just buy them?!?!?!  Got scooped by his own people.  Lol!  ;)

lol. yes i know. i just wanted to know the source.

it was on his instagram page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bronco said:

It's just sad and pathetic that SOME people feel the need to try to tear down young men who just committed themselves to ANYTHING these days.   Sad and pathetic indeed.

Not sure where he tore anyone down.  He’s just pointing out that winning a TAPPS state title in wrestling is not a massive accomplishment, which is true.  I’ve never figured out why LCS, and the other parochial TX schools, don’t apply for UIL status.  Would have loved to see how Skyler Smith would have performed against the public school boys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 9:14 PM, Bronco said:

Jaren Powell of Liberty Christian in Northlake, TX - 2 time Texas State champ.  Ranked as a 4 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Projected at either 141 or 149 lbs for college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767173661&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=545341096

Caleb O'Hara of Anchorage, Alaska - 2 time Alaska State champ.  Ranked as a 3 star wrestler by Trackwrestling.  Project at 125 lbs in college

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/ViewProfile.jsp?TIM=1620767523239&twSessionId=uyaxvduxno&twId=468264132

 

Ugh...a Texan and an Alaskan. Betcha neither ever starts at ASU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Ugh...a Texan and an Alaskan. Betcha neither ever starts at ASU. 

Comments like this will get you a tongue lashing.... that is if you haven't been blocked yet. But.... yes you are correct.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...