Sign in to follow this  
somedude202

B1G assistant coaching openings

The Intermat job board shows two open positions for assistant coaches in the Big Ten. Coach Chandler posted about the volunteer position at Michigan State and said a middle weight would be preferred. Can't remember what thread it was but I remember reading that volunteers get paid by reduced tuition and fundraising so I assume most candidates will be recent grads. Any guesses who might be a good fit? MSU has had a great recruiting pipeline from California recently, and the previous volunteer was from CA (Javier Gasca) so maybe they go back to the well there.

The Indiana Assistant coaching position was also posted, although the team website still shows Wendland and Tsirtis on staff so I'm not sure which one is leaving. As a whole they are a very young staff, so maybe they go in another direction and add someone with a little more gray haired wisdom to round out the staff. Just spitballing here but someone like Dave Bolyard (former EMU head coach, now on staff at UofM as an assistant) would maybe bring a different skillset and add lots of experience to the staff.

6 minutes ago, somedude202 said:

The Intermat job board shows two open positions for assistant coaches in the Big Ten. Coach Chandler posted about the volunteer position at Michigan State and said a middle weight would be preferred. Can't remember what thread it was but I remember reading that volunteers get paid by reduced tuition and fundraising so I assume most candidates will be recent grads. Any guesses who might be a good fit? MSU has had a great recruiting pipeline from California recently, and the previous volunteer was from CA (Javier Gasca) so maybe they go back to the well there.

The Indiana Assistant coaching position was also posted, although the team website still shows Wendland and Tsirtis on staff so I'm not sure which one is leaving. As a whole they are a very young staff, so maybe they go in another direction and add someone with a little more gray haired wisdom to round out the staff. Just spitballing here but someone like Dave Bolyard (former EMU head coach, now on staff at UofM as an assistant) would maybe bring a different skillset and add lots of experience to the staff.

Don't ya kind've think Illinois has an opening, heard they lost one of their assistant coaches.  ;_;

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Don't ya kind've think Illinois has an opening, heard they lost one of their assistant coaches.  ;_;

True, but after listening to the Bader show interview with Poeta it seems like he has it narrowed down to one person and is just trying to get them to commit.