Sign in to follow this  
tech_fall

What non medalist will win the next USA Gold?

He wrestled in 2012 Fila Junior FS Nationals. Went 0-2 with losses to Patrick Rhoades and Stephen Robertson. Nice try though. I stand by my statements.

That's not a senior event which you said he has competed in!

Stephen Robertson-2012 Ncaa Qualifier

Patrick Rhoades-placed 6th at fila juniors and is stuck behind some national champ for Iowa at 157

You wanna put Marstellar with college AA's, and call him an all timer, but he cant beat a guy who cant crack a lineup and a guy with 1 NCAA tourny win. He is overrated, ill just say it. May not have been a senior level tourny, but those were college wrestlers and senior level guys. And he performed weak! I too have heard he gets worked by mid level college guys as well.

Kids in that division were old enough to wrestle at the senior level, that doesn't necessarily make them senior-level guys. Point was made -- he didn't wrestle a senior event, he wrestled up at a FILA Junior event as a USA Cadet.

Does it make you feel good to say a high school junior is overrated? I mean really?

Marstellar got beat by some no names the last time he tried a senior event.

He hasn't been old enough to enter a senior event yet. Nice try.

He wrestled in 2012 Fila Junior FS Nationals. Went 0-2 with losses to Patrick Rhoades and Stephen Robertson. Nice try though. I stand by my statements.

You stand by your statement that he entered a senior event? Way to stick to your guns.

yeah, what a dolt, he's a jr in HS for cryin out loud and thanks for hijacking the thread to make your "point"

Q Wright has the chance to be an extremely successful FS wrestler on the world stage with his style of wrestling.....force his opponent to tie up upper body with him, he can thrown with the best of them....

Marsteller can wrestle with the best of them as a JR in HS, however, stop calling him out..could be PA's all time greatest.

I can not remember if it was last year or longer ago. But I watched a live wrestling session of Chance and Boris Novachkov from Cal Poly going at it. It looked pretty darn even IMO. Chance has beaten many state champs since 7th grade! Look it up. I was there when he handled Nick Hodgkins with relative ease. Hodgkins went 2,1,3,1 at Pa states. The same Hodgkins who beat James Green and Alex Deirenger among others. I could go on and on, but I won't because no matter what the factual evidence is people will always hate.

Oliver, Stieber, Dake, and Wright will do great IMO and could place by 2016. I think Taylor and Ruth can do well too, but they have yet to impress me at the senior level...who knows after they go full time how they will do.

Oliver, Stieber, Dake, and Wright will do great IMO and could place by 2016. I think Taylor and Ruth can do well too, but they have yet to impress me at the senior level...who knows after they go full time how they will do.

I have to agree with Oliver, Steiber and Wright. Those guys should be right there. Dake unfortunately is in the world's best 74 kg freestlye wrestler's weight class.

could you please rattle off the long list of those from PA who has done this already thru their JR year?

These guys all finished their HS careers in PA undefeated so by definition they meet your criteria. There may be others who has their first lost as a Sr. I don't know of any though.

James Conklin

Jerry Maurey

Mike Johnson

Cary Kolat