Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Any wrestling camps being held on campus this summer?

Recommended Posts

Anyone aware of wrestling camps that will be hosted on a college campus this summer? Looking for one with more of the college experience - living in dorms, eating in cafeteria, located on campus, etc.

I know Iowa moved theirs to a nearby convention center, JRob cancelled, some camps are still happening but just not on a campus (Purler, Jordan). Even in the "red" states, can't find anything (no ASU camp; OSU appears to be TBD). It may be that there's nothing doing this summer, but just thought I'd check with the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Never got to go to wrestling camp, despite growing up 30 miles from Stoolwater, Oklahoma. On the other hand I did spend all summer working EVERY F'N YEAR. 

So did I.....and I used my earnings to pay for wrestling camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

So did I.....and I used my earnings to pay for wrestling camp.

My dad never paid me. All I did was water/feed the chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, all the digging that needed done, all the carrying/unloading that needed done, slaughtering the animals we consumed. About the only things I didn't have to do were the "girly" jobs: cleaning up the house, washing dishes, plucking the chickens that I'd beheaded, washing clothes. My twin sister got to do those things. 

Why pay laborers when you can raise slaves to do everything for you (until they move out at 17!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

My dad never paid me. All I did was water/feed the chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, all the digging that needed done, all the carrying/unloading that needed done, slaughtering the animals we consumed. About the only things I didn't have to do were the "girly" jobs: cleaning up the house, washing dishes, plucking the chickens that I'd beheaded, washing clothes. My twin sister got to do those things. 

Why pay laborers when you can raise slaves to do everything for you (until they move out at 17!). 

that moving out thing is where the problem lies...... just when kids get big/old enough to be useful .......they move out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKHUNTER said:

that moving out thing is where the problem lies...... just when kids get big/old enough to be useful .......they move out.

 

Not to worry, my parents still find work for me to do when I visit. Nowadays Dad has inevitably screwed up his computer (happens every time I go home) and I have to fix it. Plus I have to hook up all their new stuff for them. They will literally buy stuff and let it sit in a box until I visit them in 6 months, then have me do the installs, upgrades, etc. 

And they still aren't paying me anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...