3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

You ain't seen nothing yet. This kid is going to make everybody hate him by the time he's done with college. ESPECIALLY Oklahoma State fans. 

Well, probably not Oklahoma State fans. 

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about abdicating my OSU fandom. Ferrari is one of the reasons why. 

1 minute ago, jackwebster said:

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about abdicating my OSU fandom. Ferrari is one of the reasons why. 

Meh, he'll be gone in a few years. He'll score a lot of points for OSU in the meantime. 

9 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Meh, he'll be gone in a few years. He'll score a lot of points for OSU in the meantime. 

Maybe, and he might mature.  I wonder what kinda wrestler/person he would have grown into at another program. 

3 hours ago, Twooooo said:

From what I understand Daddy is part of the problem with this kid.  I started to like him but not so much right now.

yep.  That dad needs to stop whatever he's doing to help his sons go to college and succeed.  

Obviously Ferarri's an idiot, but acting like he's somehow a bad kid for winning everything and celebrating himself while doing it is funny.  Most of his peers probably celebrate themselves just as much for winning a video game.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

yep.  That dad needs to stop whatever he's doing to help his sons go to college and succeed.  

Obviously Ferarri's an idiot, but acting like he's somehow a bad kid for winning everything and celebrating himself while doing it is funny.  Most of his peers probably celebrate themselves just as much for winning a video game.

I don’t like watching him wrestle, rooted against him everytime he stepped on the mat, but what be’s doing works for what he’s trying to do, which is build a brand for more than wrestling.

Lots of datapoints say it is easier and more dependably lucrative to be disliked or polarizing than simply admired. He is the next generation of entrepreneur.

4 hours ago, Twooooo said:

From what I understand Daddy is part of the problem with this kid.  I started to like him but not so much right now.

Lol yup. In his stalemates interview poppa ferrarri essentially called Jordan Burroughs a racist for celebrating the 5 black NCAA champions while simultaneously talking about the importance of Italian pride. Think somewhere in there he also stated that he made sure to only show his kids television that had "strong men and old-school women" during their formative years lmao. After seeing what an ass-backwards environment AJ grew up in I honestly kinda feel bad for him.

Edited by lurk_nowitzki

4 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I don’t like watching him wrestle, rooted against him everytime he stepped on the mat, but what be’s doing works for what he’s trying to do, which is build a brand for more than wrestling.

Lots of datapoints say it is easier and more dependably lucrative to be disliked or polarizing than simply admired. He is the next generation of entrepreneur.

"Would I rather be feared or loved? I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." - Michael Scott

Stalemates Podcast:

Episode 17: AJ Ferrari Sr. On Being A Wrestling Dad, Matchup With Jordan Burroughs, AJ at Olympic Trials & More episode of StaleMates
https://open.spotify.com/episode/78M2pp9CBj77pi3voP9VwR?si=vwLqSIDiQRSx3jUM18QKOQ&utm_source=sms

Edit: The dude says the quiet parts out loud.

Edited by jackwebster

10 hours ago, Drew87 said:

I wish him success.

It will be interesting to see where this shtick takes him.  After seeing him next to the Baseball players, he is too short for the WWE.  Maybe MMA his path. 

15 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Was Fix being a cheater one?

Yup. Plus, ethics aside, I can't stand watching Fix wrestle: stand there, look at the guy, hold center, wait for ... overtie shrug, far ankle scramble, inside trip ... all with diminishing returns. On bottom: quad pod and wait for leg wing roll. Beat 90% of guys by a lot, 9.5% of guys by 1-3, and get beat in over-time by .5% of guys. Ohhh, and look to the ref like "Doesn't that dude know who I am? I'm Daton Fix!" Edit: the tone is off on this last bit. He doesn't seem arrogant when he looks at the refs . . . It's just a preoccupation of his and the Cowboys, in general.

Edited by jackwebster

21 hours ago, boconnell said:

He's not a bad kid (at least, I have no basis for say so), but there's a lot of magical thinking going on in that household if we can judge by the Stalemates interview.

Edited by jackwebster

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

He's not a bad kid (at least, I have no basis for judgement), but there's a lot of magical thinking going on in that household if we can judge by the Stalemates interview.

I agree, while a little outspoken he does seem like a pretty good kid.  Although I think he actually made similar comments about Burroughs/Italians on the Baschamania podcast.

However, I think one of his brothers got in a fight at school which was I think the reason for one of the transfers, so they may not all be that good.

But if you want to feel bad for someone because of their dad, look at PD3... 

4 hours ago, jackwebster said:

Yup. Plus, ethics aside, I can't stand watching Fix wrestle: stand there, look at the guy, hold center, wait for ... overtie shrug, far ankle scramble, inside trip ... all with diminishing returns. One bottom: quad pod and wait for leg wing roll. Beat 90% of guys by a lot, 9.5% of guys by 1-3, and get beat in over-time by .5% of guys. Ohhh, and look to the ref like "Doesn't that dude know who I am? I'm Daton Fix!" Edit: the tone is off on this last bit. He doesn't seem arrogant when he looks at the refs . . . It's just a preoccupation of his and the Cowboys, in general.

Fix is a hard watch, that's for sure. 

11 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Maybe MMA his path. 

Success in MMA is hard to predict. I (and not a few sponsors) thought Pico was a sure thing. That said, Ferrari seems too pretty. Something about his arrogance is different than, say, McGregor's arrogance. 

Edited by jackwebster

20 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Success in MMA is hard to predict. I (and not a few sponsors) thought Pico was a sure thing. That said, Ferrari seems too pretty. Sonething about his arrogance is different than, say, McGregor's arrogance. 

Bravado vs confidence you feel in your bones.