Sign in to follow this  
nom

Spartan

Seems like the Spartan org is spending a lot of time and energy to help a lot of wrestling events happen ... High School and College.   I’m not seeing much discussion of this new entrant into the community.  From my distant perch I’m thinking big kudos are deserved.  I was certainly glad to see some Spartan events happen during the Covid period that filled some big voids.

Curious to hear perspectives.

Spartan is putting on a co-event with USA wrestling right now in florida... piggy backing onto southeast regionals... 

it is not a horrible thing to have that kind of high profile company helping promote wrestling... 

of course, it aligns right with their overall goals... their owner/CEO/whatever seems like a decent dude with a real interest in promoting a much healthier america and does many things towards that goal...

just don't ask the dean's what they think of him and spartan combat...

Wasn't promoted very well. Never saw a list of the athletes competing. NHSCA has a list in Flo of the good guys going. Not sure why Flo didn't put out a article with the studs attending. It was on Flo so you would think they had the information. The event was highly advertised to get people to attend but wasnt promoted well after that

11 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Why? sincere question. i don't know much about him other than his business ventures/background.

because poster feels edgy saying it?

dude seems on point with his goals and is actually doing something instead of mewling on the bbs...

like i mentioned earlier, only one family has a legitimate gripe about spartan and legitimate just means they lost on the business side and are kicking their can right now...

16 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Why? sincere question. i don't know much about him other than his business ventures/background.

Listened to him on one of Ryan Warner's podcasts. I'm skeptical of the self-help industry in general and he comes across as a poor man's Timothy Ferriss. Trying to make a buck off repackaging the "you can do anything if you set your mind to it" message. 

Edited by Fletcher