nhs67

Flo New Setup

I personally don't like the plain and simple 900 squares separated into categories - it looks very basic and kinda like a cheap website someone did for free. I like the old set-up that had a different look with the side features listed on the right and main articles on the left. I think a combination of both could work. New content at the top  similar to the old format and categories below set-up like the new format. Just my opinion in navigating the site. 

12 hours ago, JAD said:

So you ask for feedback, and then either make fun of the feedback or call it nonsense? Good luck, you’ll need it.

Exactly my thought.  He (they) don't actually want your feedback....just wants to appear like he cares.

I use Flo and have been a subscriber for many years now.  

- Website still not user friendly - and just got worse.  Just feels...disorganized 

- Technique....I used to look forward to seeing high level wrestlers and coaches show their signature techniques.  No disrespect to Mike Mal....but it's nowhere near the same and I stopped watching technique when he pretty much took it over.   Also, technique library is and has always been....a MESS

Edited by Dartsingle

46 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

- Technique....I used to look forward to seeing high level wrestlers and coaches show their signature techniques.  No disrespect to Mike Mal....but it's nowhere near the same and I stopped watching technique when he pretty much took it over.   Also, technique library is and has always been....a MESS

Is this pandemic related?

5 minutes ago, olddirty said:

Seems more Mike Mal related

I mean: has it been tougher to get out to various universities to film coaches showing technique since the pandemic?  Thus they have relied on Mike Mal more?

17 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

Spey seems like one of those fake smart guys. I remember the time he wrote a story that cited some research professor that didn’t actually exist - since I share that profession, it was easy to debunk.

He really isn’t the ideal candidate to log on here to dismiss the criticisms of Flo. One has to hand it to him though: he toes the company line but it isn’t a long-run equilibrium. Flo is losing ground fast. 

Are you talking about this article? Irv O'nian is a pseudonym, but congrats on "debunking" his existence by googling. the same person wrote to Foley's mailbag around the same time using the same pseudonym. 

And yes, some of y'alls criticism is nonsense. it's just complaining about something that is made up and fictitious. but some of it is good and I appreciate the good criticism!

10 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Are you talking about this article? Irv O'nian is a pseudonym, but congrats on "debunking" his existence by googling. the same person wrote to Foley's mailbag around the same time using the same pseudonym. 

And yes, some of y'alls criticism is nonsense. it's just complaining about something that is made up and fictitious. but some of it is good and I appreciate the good criticism!

OMG that is hilarious.  "from the best wrestling school in the SEC."

13 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Here's a bit of criticism:

Instead of "J'den Cox Gives Tour De France Output on Peloton", your article title should be, "Fresh J'den Cox tries hard, fails to beat power levels 155lb dudes do after 6hrs/200km". 

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

OMG that is hilarious.  "from the best wrestling school in the SEC."

It was often repeated back then that University of Missouri had “the best wrestling school in the SEC.” Maybe I heard it enough that I didn’t find it as hilarious. 

2 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I recall inquiring about the individual’s authenticity at the time and it was never clarified that the name was a pseudonym. I guess I was holding you guys to a higher standard.  I can’t imagine any other media outlet referencing a professor (or any person) by a pseudonym and not providing that information to the reader - it’s a bit peculiar. 

3 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

It was often repeated back then that University of Missouri had “the best wrestling school in the SEC.” Maybe I heard it enough that I didn’t find it as hilarious. 

Ahhhh.... thats right.  While the Tigers are barely an SEC member in football, they are still a member.  I was thinking of the SEC with no wrestling schools, forgetting that Mizzou was technically a member.

I had a coach who wrestled for LSU.  How crazy is that?

3 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

I recall inquiring about the individual’s authenticity at the time and it was never clarified that the name was a pseudonym. I guess I was holding you guys to a higher standard.  I can’t imagine any other media outlet referencing a professor (or any person) by a pseudonym and not providing that information to the reader - it’s a bit peculiar. 

Are you using a pseudonym?

You claim to be a research scientist, but how can we be sure that you actually exist?

Edited by AHamilton

3 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Are you using a pseudonym?

You claim to be a research scientist, but how can we be sure that you actually exist?

I’m not sure it’s a pseudonym but it’s certainly not my real name. Are you the A. Hamilton I remember from my government class? 

Of course there’s a difference between posting anonymously on a wrestling forum and publishing an article for public dissemination.  I certainly exist, I’m merely an economics professor. Most wouldn’t call me a scientist! 

4 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

I’m not sure it’s a pseudonym but it’s certainly not my real name. Are you the A. Hamilton I remember from my government class? 

Of course there’s a difference between posting anonymously on a wrestling forum and publishing an article for public dissemination.  I certainly exist, I’m merely an economics professor. Most wouldn’t call me a scientist! 

I most certainly am not the first Secretary of the Treasury. The fact that I lack a .50 caliber hole above my right hip is proof of that!

What are your thoughts on Hamilton's "First Report on the Public Credit?"

Edited by AHamilton

9 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I mean: has it been tougher to get out to various universities to film coaches showing technique since the pandemic?  Thus they have relied on Mike Mal more?

I think they honestly believe that Mike Mal has great technique and people will pay to have him show it.  I cant stand his delivery personally

Flo used to be exciting, and when we looked for any sort of content, news, videos, techniques, interviews, etc. the subscriber / viewer, was presented with a multitude of good quality options.
 Starting a couple years ago ( maybe around losing the Big10’s, coupled with the WillieBallGrabSaga ), I feel the inverse happened, you can scroll through options now, but hardly anything now is exciting, and of great quality. 
 Yet, the subscription fee never changed for me, it may have increased actually.
 Bait and Switch as compared to the quality, and quality of content, of several years prior. Like the girl who was once considered one of the prettiest in school, but is not now, but trying hard to stay relevant or noticed. 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:41 PM, portajohn said:

Thanks Spey,

A) Why do I have to search for a FRL podcast?  Shouldn't there be a tab for this?

B) Biggest reason I paid for Flo was because of the Kolat film.  I also really enjoyed the one on Terry Brands.  The others are decent too.  Is it a budgetary issue which i can understand but you guys are lacking on engaging the viewer.  Keep the Flo Films coming.  Except the one on PSU and Dan Gable.  They stunk.    

C) Why is the new web page layout so dark?  Homage to Myspace circa 2005?

D) Again, why so little content on the films? The wrestling world knows @Husker_Du is going to smoke you guys on content but when it comes to FloFIlms I like what you guys  do.  Better focus on that before Willie puts you guys under a rock.  There's an olympics coming up.  Are you guys covering this by making a FloFilms about it?  If not, why am I paying for your services?  If not I suggest you guys sub it out to Will Harris from Anatomy of A Fighter.  I'm sure Daniel Cormier can attest to how good he is at capturing the trial and tribulations of a combat athlete. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC47UlrwAYX5HRs5bm2KbEZg

This is hilarious.

16 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

No I (we) do want your feedback. Don't think I can be anymore clear about that. Please keep posting, thank you!

I (he) appreciate you engaging at least.  

Also, sorry about what Mocco did to you.  We’ve all been there.