This is so epic. I live 15 minutes away and I’ve gotten to see them this week. I chatted with Kevin Jackson and Gable Stevenson. I was basically sitting with all of the families. Kyle Dake and David Taylor went live about 5 feet in front of me. The cooler is so tiny and off the beaten path. We got some quality one-on-one time. Everybody was extremely nice!

This is a great video, and "The Cooler" sounds like a great place. That said, Chael puts a bit too much sensationalism in it for me, predicting things that I believe will NEVER happen so close to the Olympics. Do you really think that Snyder and Cox are going to go live? With all the emotion that Cox has shown, it would be idiotic for Kyle Snyder to risk injury by wrestling a live match with J'Den at this time. Additionally, his talk about JB's new series of leg attacks and the comparison with John Smith's low single misses the point. John Smith innovated and capitalized on his low single while he was in his prime. Chael says that JB is going to hit his new moves, score points and win matches with them, but I just don't see it happening at this point in his career.

4 hours ago, RajaThaiKnee said:

I live 15 minutes away and I’ve gotten to see them this week. I chatted with Kevin Jackson and Gable Stevenson. I was basically sitting with all of the families. Kyle Dake and David Taylor went live about 5 feet in front of me.

Hey, RTK: Chael talks about the "bubble" environment there at the Cooler. How were you able to chat with Jackson and Steveson in such an environment? Are there checks for vaccinations or negative tests, or are people just chatting openly? Dake and Taylor went live 5 feet in front of you! Again, please expand on the protocols in place to protect these Olympic athletes from infection. Thanks.

Chael brings things like on the ground personal familiarity and does his best to promote interest, but I don't like him as an analysts/predictor. He is extremely biased. Anyone with an American singlet in any bracket is at minimum gold medal material to Chael.

In Chael land Robbie Smtih v  M Lopez is in Robbie's hands and if he loses the ref did something funny and Robbie deserved it/ was the aggressor/won on any other day/did all the right things. Oh an American like Dake is a slight favorite? Dake only loses if he gets cheated. And he is terrible on factual stuff, doesn't bother to do any research and makes things up then goes on rants about things that only exist in his head. 

This is a great video, and "The Cooler" sounds like a great place. That said, Chael puts a bit too much sensationalism in it for me, predicting things that I believe will NEVER happen so close to the Olympics. Do you really think that Snyder and Cox are going to go live? With all the emotion that Cox has shown, it would be idiotic for Kyle Snyder to risk injury by wrestling a live match with J'Den at this time. Additionally, his talk about JB's new series of leg attacks and the comparison with John Smith's low single misses the point. John Smith innovated and capitalized on his low single while he was in his prime. Chael says that JB is going to hit his new moves, score points and win matches with them, but I just don't see it happening at this point in his career.
Hey, RTK: Chael talks about the "bubble" environment there at the Cooler. How were you able to chat with Jackson and Steveson in such an environment? Are there checks for vaccinations or negative tests, or are people just chatting openly? Dake and Taylor went live 5 feet in front of you! Again, please expand on the protocols in place to protect these Olympic athletes from infection. Thanks.

Perhaps I can give you the short version of what Chael is talking about. You have to be on the list in Georgia but basically anybody who is anybody in the wrestling world can you get on the list. Oh the cooler has three ice-skating arenas four kids skating. I saw Gable Stevenson putting on some shoes to skate by the way. Anyways.... so they quarantine off one of the areas and most of the people on the list has been checked for Covid symptoms. Since it’s a skating ring the crowd area is where we are supposed to stay, but there were people walking around on the mat. I would have but I didn’t see anybody big that I know. I saw Kevin Jackson and Gable Stevenson outside of a weight room that is just outside of the skating ring. So basically I could’ve done more and had more to brag about, but out of respect I didn’t want to push it.

I know this is off-topic but wow Gabriel Stephenson is a great guy. When he’s not getting ready or cooling down from a wrestling match he is a different person. He was so humble! I knew Kevin Jackson was but I guess it’s Stevenson wanting to be a professional wrestler and all that gives him the bad boy look.

Any other questions I could answer I’d be glad to.