MSU158

Dake may legitimately be the best current US wrestler there is, but.......

1 minute ago, Boompa said:

Potato chips also help me sleep at night.  There is just something with the crunch and salt.  But if you get your hands on a properly seasoned bag of Middlesworth BBQ chips, there is nothing better.  I would actually consider walking barefoot through a field of their seasoning.

If Tbar actually was ever in PA, he would know what I'm talking about.

I like Herr's, Utz, Wise, and Charles for PA based chips myself.  Pennsylvania Dutch make the best chips 

I have a masters in health and human performance, and have had to learn about telomeres, and continue to listen to expert physicians about telomeres.  Its surprising to me that so many people would just dismiss what he is saying as complete BS and some kind of voodoo where "he sounds like an idiot."  Yes, you can test telomere length in a blood sample.  While it obviously isnt very well known to themat.com forum poster, telomere research happens all over the world, notably at Johns Hopkins.  Flow Cytometry has been around since 2006 (I thought it was more like 2014).  The way people can alter their hsf-1 in regards to telomerase is pretty much an individual thing.  Whether or not Dake has a method that works for him is up for debate; I dont know what he does or if it works, but to think he is a moron because he thinks he can is pretty much an ignorant point of view.  For sure, telomeres can be shortened or protected with hsf-1; thats a proven fact.  I listen to podcasts frequently involving current medical trends and research that are in discussion form rather than reading through peer reviewed studies.  There are plenty of them on telomeres.  While I am not fully sold on the idea one can make significant changes in their progression of biological age, there are plenty of PhDs in the field that are infinitely more intelligent than I am that agree with Dake.

1 hour ago, olddirty said:

I have a masters in health and human performance, and have had to learn about telomeres, and continue to listen to expert physicians about telomeres.  Its surprising to me that so many people would just dismiss what he is saying as complete BS and some kind of voodoo where "he sounds like an idiot."  Yes, you can test telomere length in a blood sample.  While it obviously isnt very well known to themat.com forum poster, telomere research happens all over the world, notably at Johns Hopkins.  Flow Cytometry has been around since 2006 (I thought it was more like 2014).  The way people can alter their hsf-1 in regards to telomerase is pretty much an individual thing.  Whether or not Dake has a method that works for him is up for debate; I dont know what he does or if it works, but to think he is a moron because he thinks he can is pretty much an ignorant point of view.  For sure, telomeres can be shortened or protected with hsf-1; thats a proven fact.  I listen to podcasts frequently involving current medical trends and research that are in discussion form rather than reading through peer reviewed studies.  There are plenty of them on telomeres.  While I am not fully sold on the idea one can make significant changes in their progression of biological age, there are plenty of PhDs in the field that are infinitely more intelligent than I am that agree with Dake.

Thanks for the post. 

7 hours ago, olddirty said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about and it’s clear “health and human performance” has nothing to do with molecular biology. Testing your telomere length is pointless. There’s nothing you can do to change your telomere length, and even if you could, there is zero evidence that would reverse aging.

Why are you bringing up flow cytometry? What does that have to do with your telomeres or aging. 

It’s amazing how easily people are duped into believing junk science. 

In the last couple of months I’ve started to think UFOs are real. Where were all these experts and military witnesses a year ago?
Being interviewed on obscure podcasts across the globe.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about and it’s clear “health and human performance” has nothing to do with molecular biology. Testing your telomere length is pointless. There’s nothing you can do to change your telomere length, and even if you could, there is zero evidence that would reverse aging.

Why are you bringing up flow cytometry? What does that have to do with your telomeres or aging. 

Flow Cytometry is how they test telomere length at Johns Hopkins.  I didnt claim to be an expert in molecular biology, but to confirm - you are saying the Phd's at Johns Hopkins studying telomere length in regards to aging also have no idea what they are talking about and are researching a pointless subject?  Are you saying you are an expert in telomeres and have them figured out to a point where you can say with confidence that anything outside of your standpoint of knowledge on them is incorrect?  Thats a pretty bold statement.

I also said I dont side with Dake on the topic.  I did, however, say there are very smart people researching the topic that do think telomere length can alter relative biological clocks.  Could you expound on how this is junk science from a biological or physiological standpoint?  Im always up to hear from an experts point of view

12 hours ago, headshuck said:

In the last couple of months I’ve started to think UFOs are real. Where were all these experts and military witnesses a year ago?

Working on Jeffrey Epstein’s prison logs...

On 5/27/2021 at 11:18 PM, cjc007 said:

Middlesworth has a great bar b q chip. The rest of their products are substandard to Wise, Herrs, or Utz imo.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If they are worse than Wise, then they must really suck. 

19 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Yep...those idiots over at The Lancet should have listened to some guy on a wrestling forum before accepting any scholarly research papers.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(13)70366-8/fulltext

Edited by TheOhioState

2 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

Yep...those idiots over at The Lancet should have listened to some guy on a wrestling forum before accepting any scholarly research papers.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(13)70366-8/fulltext

The journal you've linked to isn't The Lancet..It's an article in  "Lancet oncology" and the published article has nothing to do with oncology.  The claims in it are unsupported.  It's very easy to get basically anything published if you shop around to a low enough tier journal.  The people publishing this article are selling pseudoscience to make money off of the people stupid enough to believe their unsupported claims.   The idea that somebody is selling flow cytometry as a way to measure aging through testing blood cells is honestly laughable and beyond ridiculous...You'd think at least they would sequence the telomeres to determine length, but I guess that is a bit too expensive for their scam.  

I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is just another snake oil scam.  

On 5/28/2021 at 7:36 PM, olddirty said:

Hmmm... that's thin.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:36 PM, olddirty said:

While I am not fully sold on the idea one can make significant changes in their progression of biological age, there are plenty of PhDs in the field that are infinitely more intelligent than I am that agree with Dake.

Thats a bit of a stretch. I have yet to hear anyone say we have found out how to reverse aging. Since you referenced your podcast listening, I actually just finished an audiobook by Bill Bryson called "The Body". Very interesting and well sourced. It talks about talomeres, and acknowledges that it does play a part in aging. He does reference an expert here but Im not going to look it up. The point he made was that although it does play a part, there hasnt been any substantial gain in the reversal of aging as it is believed talomeres are only a very small piece of the puzzle and there is still a ton we don't know.... which makes sense. The human body is extremely complex and its highly unlikely that changing one thing would reverse a process that was developed over 3.5 billion years. Then again, Dake does have his sociology degree....

Didn’t read the whole thing but this study seems to claim supplements can lengthen your telomeres - https://www.spandidos-publications.com/10.3892/ijmm.2019.4191

That study was quoted in this article but said the changes were pretty insignificant.  But apparently if Dake has a hyperbaric oxygen chamber he could be onto something - https://www.sciencealert.com/oxygen-therapy-found-to-turn-back-the-sands-of-time-on-our-body-s-aging-cells

Wow ... let’s see ....

Dake has a regime that is working for him. He stitched it together based on research and things that, while not proven, ‘sound right’ to him.  The result is a program of healthy living and a particular fitness program that has resulted in him feeling and performing at another level.

I bet many people in the past got the results they wanted by doing something that worked ... but not fully knowing how it worked ... they likely came up with reasons as to why it worked even if they could not prove it.  But they has ideas and they told people the ideas.   Some were right but I bet most were wrong.  But the actually activity still worked.

I don’t know much about the topic at hand, but I’m also ok with recognizing he is doing something that is working quite well for himself.  If he wants to believe X to make it work for him, I’m ok with that.  

I don’t know anything about biology, and I’m not going to start engaging in bro-science, either. 

But I’ll put it this way:  Either Dake wrongly believes he’s aging in reverse, or he’s about to be a Nobel winner, billionaire, and Harvard professor of biology.  

I would bet on the former option. 

Of course, if Dake was just exaggerating and just means he feels younger, I think that would clear everything up. And I think we can all agree he’s an incredible wrestler. 

Edited by Katie

1 minute ago, Katie said:

I don’t know anything about biology, and I’m not going to start engaging in bro-science, either. 

But I’ll put it this way:  Either Dake wrongly believes he’s aging in reverse, or he’s about to a Nobel winner, billionaire, and Harvard professor of biology.  

I would bet on the former option. 

Of course, if Dake was just exaggerating and just means he feels younger, I think that would clear everything up. 

I’ve kinda taken those interviews as, no he doesn’t feel like he’s actually reverse aging....just that he believes this stuff allows you to stay in a peak performance state...aka not ‘aging’ as fast as he would without these methods. These methods are extending the functionality of his cells...all that kind of stuff. 

I think people are taking it to the Benjamin button extreme, as far as saying Dake actually believing he’s reversing his age....because, well because it’s fun to get on social media and talk crap about people achieving at a far higher level than I am....these days. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I’ve kinda taken those interviews as, no he doesn’t feel like he’s actually reverse aging....just that he believes this stuff allows you to stay in a peak performance state...aka not ‘aging’ as fast as he would without these methods. These methods are extending the functionality of his cells...all that kind of stuff. 

I think people are taking it to the Benjamin button extreme, as far as saying Dake actually believing he’s reversing his age....because, well because it’s fun to get on social media and talk crap about people achieving at a far higher level than I am....these days. 

That would make a lot of sense, but why does he constantly act like he is privy to some super secret info that no one else is ready for yet? 

11 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

That would make a lot of sense, but why does he constantly act like he is privy to some super secret info that no one else is ready for yet? 

Because people (Flo) keep asking him to promote Web traffic and he always takes the bait. He is more of an idiot for not recognizing his own exploitation than for believing he is reverse aging, which I don't think he actually believes in a literal sense.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

13 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Because people (Flo) keep asking him to promote Web traffic and he always takes the bait. He is more of an idiot for not recognizing his own exploitation than for believing he is reverse aging, which I don't think he actually believes in a literal sense.

Does he believe the stuff about, “people with dark skin not thriving in the northern hemisphere” in a literal sense? Or was that also him being exploited? I’d agree with your point if stupid pseudoscience weren’t a pattern with him.