MSU158

Dake may legitimately be the best current US wrestler there is, but.......

39 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Let me know when you start going to a doctor who is self taught. You wont, because you when your life is on the line you wouldnt risk it. Yet, its easy here to pretend youre super smart for rejecting experts when there are few risks, but I see your argument as equivalent to someone during a health crisis saying, "hey, whats Jenny McCarthy think about this?" Its just dumb.

Lol sorry dude, I didn’t know your girlfriend was in med school.  You’re a good boyfriend for defending her though.

I’m waiting for the part where I’m what’s wrong with the country.

Edited by Drew87

3 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Lol sorry dude, I didn’t know your girlfriend was in med school.  You’re a good boyfriend for defending her though.

I’m waiting for the part where I’m what’s wrong with the country.

.... um ok? Ive been pretty clear in my explanation. Try reading it again. 

1 minute ago, Drake_Mallard said:

.... um ok? Ive been pretty clear in my explanation. Try reading it again. 

I have, and I’m good to say that we view some of these things differently.  I’m just encouraging an open mind is all.

Edited by Drew87

4 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I have, and I’m good to say that we view some of these things differently.  I’m just encouraging an open mind is all.

Ahh, so enlightened... equating expert opinion with non expert based on nothing. Honestly, if you cant see he is off in that video, I see MLMs in your future.

Ahh, so enlightened... equating expert opinion with non expert based on nothing. Honestly, if you cant see he is off in that video, I see MLMs in your future.

Deciding someone is full of crap based on an edited two minute facebook video, I see falling prey to emotional manipulation at the hands of social media in your future.

1 minute ago, Drew87 said:

Deciding someone is full of crap based on an edited two minute facebook video, I see falling prey to emotional manipulation at the hands of social media in your future.

Emotional manipulation? Because I dont buy the BS? Hahah ok, let me know when you need a doctor. I just read a book about the human body. According to you, I should be more than qualified.

Also, Dake has had plenty of stuff to say about this. Its nothing new.

Dawg I said that very thing to start this all out. 

And what I’ve gotten from this is I’m a quack for not agreeing with a small group that someone else is a quack, and for arguing for the possibility that non-traditional thinking may in fact have merit. 

“Fact” moves dangerously close to dogma if you are not willing to entertain new viewpoints, regardless of the topic.

6 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Dawg I said that very thing to start this all out. 

And what I’ve gotten from this is I’m a quack for not agreeing with a small group that someone else is a quack, and for arguing for the possibility that non-traditional thinking may in fact have merit. 

“Fact” moves dangerously close to dogma if you are not willing to entertain new viewpoints, regardless of the topic.

Uhmmmm, you realize that experts are not holding hands united on every issue right? Listening to opposing views and listening to experts is not mutually exclusive. Listening to Dake and listening to experts is..... you get the difference? Heaven forbid we expect people to have a deep understanding of the topic before we listen to them. Thats not dogma. Thats being selective.

Youre take is a dumb one. 

3 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Uhm, but I thought you were for non-traditional approaches? Whats the difference between this and Dake because Im having a hard time seeing it.

I see you are having fun with your broad brush, preferring to label people rather than engage merits of individual discussions.

And regardless of your thoughts on Dake and telomere length, what Herbert said is a woefully common take.

Just now, Drew87 said:

I see you are having fun with your broad brush, preferring to label people rather than engage merits of individual discussions.

And regardless of your thoughts on Dake and telomere length, what Herbert said is a woefully common take.

Both are non experts weighing in on things they are not experts in. If we need to accept Dakes opinion in order to be enlightened and avoid dogma, how can you possibly say we shouldnt accept Herberts non-traditional views? You see how that creates a dilemma? You see how anti-intellectualism opens the door for more, worse takes?

9 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Both are non experts weighing in on things they are not experts in. If we need to accept Dakes opinion in order to be enlightened and avoid dogma, how can you possibly say we shouldnt accept Herberts non-traditional views? You see how that creates a dilemma? You see how anti-intellectualism opens the door for more, worse takes?

People are capable of having different opinions on different topics.  

If you actually read my main comments, they are most certainly not anti-intellectual.  Whether you choose to engage the premise that science and medicine are incomplete in their current form and our current medical system is f*cked up is up to you.

4 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

People are capable of having different opinions on different topics.  

If you actually read my main comments, they are most certainly not anti-intellectual.  Whether you choose to engage the premise that science and medicine are incomplete in their current form and our current medical system is f*cked up is up to you.

But you refused to acknowledge that science and medicine are complicated topics, and the idea that Kyle Dake, once again, a sociology major has something to offer here with no formal schooling, absolutely zero background in medical research, and zero original takes on this seems down right silly to me.

2 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

But you refused to acknowledge that science and medicine are complicated topics, and the idea that Kyle Dake, once again, a sociology major has something to offer here with no formal schooling, absolutely zero background in medical research, and zero original takes on this seems down right silly to me.

All he’s doing is research on himself, everyday of his life.  Btw everything he does boils down to: eat food when it grows out of the ground based on seasons, spend time in the sun, don’t ingest chemicals, and protect your circadian rhythm.  It’s not revolutionary.

Kyle Dake has zero degrees in wrestling, does he also have nothing to offer on that front?

7 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

All he’s doing is research on himself, everyday of his life.  Btw everything he does boils down to: eat food when it grows out of the ground based on seasons, spend time in the sun, don’t ingest chemicals, and protect your circadian rhythm.  It’s not revolutionary.

Kyle Dake has zero degrees in wrestling, does he also have nothing to offer on that front?

Ummmm, he also believes that black athletes dont perform as well as white athletes the further you go north of the equator. I highly doubt he is going over the tests and data or running some tests of his own to come to such conclusions.

3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Is it crazy because you just don’t understand what he’s talking about or referring to?

I would posit that Kyle Dake knows a f*ckton more about the human body and cell biology than you do good sir.

Keep in mind, according to mainstream medical professionals, eggs were considered heart attack grenades 10 years ago and pasta was good, now pasta is evil and eggs are worth their weight in gold.

We live in an age where, because we do a few fancy things with electricity and the electromagnetic spectrum, we are suddenly incapable of admitting we don’t have all the answers.  Western science treats the human body like a car at an auto body shop, all while carrying around a boatload of topics and questions that doctors just shrug at and say “we don’t know”

This sounds identical to the  chloroquine and anti-mask arguments a long, long year ago!

2 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Ummmm, he also believes that black athletes dont perform as well as white athletes the further you go north of the equator. I highly doubt he is going over the tests and data or running some tests of his own to come to such conclusions.

well, i missed that one, and def do not agree with any of that

1 minute ago, Drew87 said:

well, i missed that one, and def do not agree with any of that

I suggest you go check out some of the other wild **** KD has been saying before you defend him...  when you give him a pass to be taken seriously just because, it opens up a door for all the BS that comes with it.