MSU158

Dake may legitimately be the best current US wrestler there is, but.......

1 minute ago, Drake_Mallard said:

I suggest you go check out some of the other wild **** KD has been saying before you defend him...  when you give him a pass to be taken seriously just because, it opens up a door for all the BS that comes with it.

No joke, that is my bad 100%

1 hour ago, Drew87 said:

I have, and I’m good to say that we view some of these things differently.  I’m just encouraging an open mind is all.

An open mind is great...until your brain falls out.

Kyle Dake is a great wrestler.  He could turn out to be a GOAT.  But nobody should be taking advice from him about anything except for wrestling.  Not medical advice, not biology advice, not anything.  To do otherwise is the logical fallacy of "argument from authority."

4 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Is it crazy because you just don’t understand what he’s talking about or referring to?

I would posit that Kyle Dake knows a f*ckton more about the human body and cell biology than you do good sir.

Keep in mind, according to mainstream medical professionals, eggs were considered heart attack grenades 10 years ago and pasta was good, now pasta is evil and eggs are worth their weight in gold.

We live in an age where, because we do a few fancy things with electricity and the electromagnetic spectrum, we are suddenly incapable of admitting we don’t have all the answers.  Western science treats the human body like a car at an auto body shop, all while carrying around a boatload of topics and questions that doctors just shrug at and say “we don’t know”

EDIT: Apparently I missed a rather large topic about KD having some very sideways takes on all manner of things last year.  

Are you trolling or do you honesty believe that Kyle Dake is reverse aging? It's amazing how confidently he was speaking, yet how incredibly stupid he sounded.  

4 hours ago, JAD said:

So did Nashon. Must be something in the water in Ithaca. And it sure isn’t The Fountain of Youth.

I believe that both Dake and Garrett studied at the Ag School.

Edited by Katie

14 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Are you trolling or do you honesty believe that Kyle Dake is reverse aging? It's amazing how confidently he was speaking, yet how incredibly stupid he sounded.  

I think he’s using the wrong vocabulary to discuss having a positive systemic effect on DNA and cellular health, which begets health on the level of the organism.

No, I don’t think Kyle Dake is Benjamin Button, last I checked we haven’t figured out time travel.

Edited by Drew87

15 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Oh, is he doing this treatment? Just because he throws in the buzzwords, like telomeres, doesnt mean he knows **** about it. Anyone who does a quick google search is an expert with that kind of thinking.... which is exactly what you did it looks like hahaha.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

7 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I think he’s using the wrong vocabulary to discuss having a positive systemic effect on DNA and cellular health, which begets health on the level of the organism.

No, I don’t think Kyle Dake is Benjamin Button, last I checked we haven’t figured out time travel.

12 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Lol, this is quackery. Dake isn't doing anything to change his telomere length. Which cells is he even trying to extend the telomeres of?  Dake has no idea what he's talking about.

7 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Lol, this is quackery. Dake isn't doing anything to change his telomere length. Which cells is he even trying to extend the telomeres of?  Dake has no idea what he's talking about.

Do you have (grass fed) beef with the topic bc you dislike Dake as the spokesperson, or do you really believe we have figured out every variable at play in the trillions of things happening in the human body every day and how they effect the rate at which the human body degrades?

36 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Do you have (grass fed) beef with the topic bc you dislike Dake as the spokesperson, or do you really believe we have figured out every variable at play in the trillions of things happening in the human body every day and how they effect the rate at which the human body degrades?

I'm just pointing out how dumb he sounds for claiming to know how to reverse aging.  I honestly don't care that he thinks this, as it probably makes him a better athlete due to the mental advantage of thinking you're superhuman.  His views about race are a different story, which I find to be abhorrent, but I think the stuff in the flo video is basically innocuous.  How he chooses to train is up to him-whatever he is doing is clearly working. It doesn't bode well for his future prospects in coaching though-he sounds nuts advertising this type of stuff. 

Funny thing is I think Drew and Duck are both "right". 

I believe Drew's overall message he is trying to pontificate (yes I used that word purposely..lol) is that while our current "science" and "medical" system is the best we have right now, we shouldn't close our minds to the less traditional way of thinking and always be looking for ways to even further advance the "science" and "medical" system and knowledge.  And thus, we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss someone because they don't have 18 different letters after their name and pieces of paper they frame and hang on the wall.  I have worked with many people like that that couldn't figure out how a mechanical pencil worked.  Not all learning comes from inside a book and from a professor.  After receiving my BS degree, most of my "advanced" learning came from using critical thinking, trying to have an open mind, self research, and real life experience to figure the stuff out on my own (I am still not very smart...lol).

And I think what Duck was trying to say is when people say unconventional things to a large influenceable audience, and the things being said could impact someone's health, they should probably be careful and maybe keep their yapper shut.  He also thinks it is acceptable to make sure people know that they in fact, are not "experts" (insert colorful adjectives Duck likes to call people here) and that your medical advice should be coming from your doctor or other professionally licensed provider.

I will say this though...in Drew's defense, Duck did try and "twists" Drew's posts to say something that he wasn't.

I don't know what, if anything, Dake knows about biology. But he does not say anything that is crazier than what the Bible says about God  and other topics. Dake is popping off about his beliefs. Those beliefs may help him just as a belief in Jesus might help any number of athletes.. I would not expect his thinking to help me or anyone else.

27 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Prince Charles is gonna be shambles when the Queen of England finds out about this

I sometimes really wonder if she’s staying alive just out of spite to keep him from becoming king

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

I don't know what, if anything, Dake knows about biology. But he does not say anything that is crazier than what the Bible says about God  and other topics. Dake is popping off about his beliefs. Those beliefs may help him just as a belief in Jesus might help any number of athletes.. I would not expect his thinking to help me or anyone else.

I wish I could post emojis.  I would put a train going off the track here… headshuck? Madmardigan?

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

This is not a strong indicator of reverse aging.

dakedoo.thumb.png.610a315df29fa5605e9ab07dbc683489.png

This is a little close to home.

I wonder if Dake is so confident of winning Gold that this stuff will be what he tries to capitalize on after the Olympics.

Look what being on the Wheaties box did for Bruce Jenner!

Kylie Dake!