MSU158

Dake may legitimately be the best current US wrestler there is, but.......

2 minutes ago, dman115 said:

What I am okay with is someone who thinks for themselves and can form their own opinion.  What's nice is having the freedom and ability to, you know, stop reading or watching something you don't like and don't agree with it.  It is pretty simple concept that some really struggle with.  On the flip side if someone listen's to someone else's opinion and takes it as gospel without doing some actual thinking for themselves...well yes...that is on them and not me.

And if people don't think the vaccine is safe...YES, that is on them.  I am vaccinated so quite frankly I don't care what others do.  If someone choses to not get vaccinated, that is their right and who am I to say, and thus, what happens to them is on them.  And do I feel sorry for the extremely rare cases of the people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, of course, but life isn't fair sometimes, and I personally don't think we should make decisions based on the very very very minority.  Those people got dealt a bad hand and that sucks, but "forcing" everyone else to do things, like get vaccinated, isn't the answer. 

Way to completely avoid his first two sentences and blather on about "thinking for yourself".

Has anyone argued that Dake shouldnt be allowed to say this stuff? I dont think so.... but why are people not allowed to **** on their stupid opinion? It sounds like some are demanding tolerance, by being intolerant.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

19 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dake speaks too confidently about a topic he only understands at a very high level, and he makes some questionable mental leaps at times, but what he has allegedly researched is not without scientific basis. To be clear, you cannot literally reverse aging a la Benjamin Button. But I truly don't think he's saying that. The telomere is a thing, and its potential impact on life span and age-related disease is fascinating. Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn wrote a book after winning the Nobel Prize on the subject named "The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer." The gist of the book is that lifestyle choices can have dramatic effects on quality and quantity of life. Based on what I've learned about Dake through interviews, he basically follows all of Blackburn's advice, even if he adds a dash or two of straight up quack along the way.

When you sort through the pseudo-intellectual braggadocio, all Dake is really saying is he is taking care of his body in ways he hadn't before, focusing on mobility training over traditional strength training, and that is extending his athletic career. Even if you want to pick nits and throw some of his practices under the bus, any reasonable person can see that the totality of his newfound lifestyle and training choices is much more good than bad, and the "bad" is not literally bad, but rather, can't really hurt.

Agreed, but he should probably call it "slowing down aging," not "reversing aging" then

17 minutes ago, klehner said:

So, you are okay with Nahshon touting "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion?"  After all, it's not "disinformation" according to you, it's his opinion.

At some point, people choosing to believe things that are not correct can lead to really bad outcomes, so it's not really just "on them."  Like people who don't think the COVID vaccine is safe, you know?

If they are going to just follow what they see on social media without looking into it themselves, it absolutely on them.  At what point do we hold people accountable for their own learning?

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

If they are going to just follow what they see on social media without looking into it themselves, it absolutely on them.  At what point do we hold people accountable for their own learning?

But people shouldnt be allowed to **** on bad opinions? Because thats what you are complaining about, not our arguments, but our right to criticize an opinion and call it dumb. 

29 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

To be clear, you cannot literally reverse aging a la Benjamin Button. But I truly don't think he's saying that.

Dake: “Biologically speaking, am I aging as fast as you are, or am I reversing aging?”

Flo: “You’re reversing aging.”

Dake: “I think so. I’m pretty sure. It’s a hypothesis.”

6 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

But people shouldnt be allowed to **** on bad opinions? Because thats what you are complaining about, not our arguments, but our right to criticize an opinion and call it dumb. 

Duck boy duck boy duck boy......how many times have I told you that if you want to have an argument of any substance...you should stick with what the person actually said.

In this case for example......did I ever say you shouldn't be allowed to?  Did I say you don't have the right to?

--OR--

Did I make an statement that I don't understand why someone would go on for pages and pages about, and ask what the purpose was (even included that I'm asking for understanding)?  And did you and another person not answer that question (khelner), and I left it at that, to 'carry on'?

(Let's see if he can simply answer the questions posed to him)

Just now, Lurker said:

Duck boy duck boy duck boy......how many times have I told you that if you want to have an argument of any substance...you should stick with what the person actually said.

In this case for example......did I ever say you shouldn't be allowed to?  Did I say you don't have the right to?

--OR--

Did I make an statement that I don't understand why someone would go on for pages and pages about, and ask what the purpose was (even included that I'm asking for understanding)?  And did you and another person not answer that question (khelner), and I left it at that, to 'carry on'?

(Let's see if he can simply answer the questions posed to him)

I did answer it. Haha, what are you looking for in an answer that I didnt provide?

23 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Has anyone argued that Dake shouldnt be allowed to say this stuff? I dont think so.... but why are people not allowed to **** on their stupid opinion? It sounds like some are demanding tolerance, by being intolerant.

Welcome to the modern Democrat party in the US....

6 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

I did answer it. Haha, what are you looking for in an answer that I didnt provide?

I know......you did answer it.  And I responded back with "carry on".

Then you made the statement insinuating I was saying you shouldn't be allowed to, or didn't have the right to......so I clarified how asking a question doesn't negate you of your rights or privileges.  Again.....for understanding sake.  I know you'd prefer I come back with some of your bravado, talk about how much of an idiot you are and all that, so that you could go on and on arguing with me for the next 7 pages....but obviously I don't know how to have fun like you do, so I just ask questions.       Bye Felicia

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Then you made the statement insinuating I was saying you shouldn't be allowed to, or didn't have the right to......so I clarified how asking a question doesn't negate you of your rights or privileges.  Again.....for understanding sake.  I know you'd prefer I come back with some of your bravado, talk about how much of an idiot you are and all that, so that you could go on and on arguing with me for the next 7 pages....but obviously I don't know how to have fun like you do, so I just ask questions.       Bye Felicia

come on lurker...

poor girl is nothing but a child...

you know this...

That was not what I followed up with. Re-read, but if you are completely fine with me criticizing Dake, then what exactly are you bitching about?

14 minutes ago, Katie said:

Dake: “Biologically speaking, am I aging as fast as you are, or am I reversing aging?”

Flo: “You’re reversing aging.”

Dake: “I think so. I’m pretty sure. It’s a hypothesis.”

You are taking it too literally. Yes, he said that. No, he doesn't think he'll turn 18 again tomorrow. I'm not trying to defend him. I called out the quack in him. But come on, now. If a Nobel Prize winning scientist can write a book about living a "younger" life, a wrestler is allowed to exaggerate a little.

1 minute ago, Chucktown_Luke said:

I 100% believe that people should be able to question others. Was referring to the "demanding tolerance, by being intolerant" part.

Those words too big for you? Haha because the part your bitching about is refering to what you 100% believe in.

3 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

You are taking it too literally. Yes, he said that. No, he doesn't think he'll turn 18 again tomorrow. I'm not trying to defend him. I called out the quack in him. But come on, now. If a Nobel Prize winning scientist can write a book about living a "younger" life, a wrestler is allowed to exaggerate a little.

I suppose if we just pretend he didn’t say what he actually said then it’s more defensible. 

And adorable at that.

Hahaha, this is what you two losers always resort to... either calling people girls, adorable, or children. Same act all the time. I wont argue with adorable, chances are I am compared to a couple crusty old guys way past their prime.