pennsyrules

US and 65KG ...why didn't others try to qualify.

I apologize if this is somewhere in the other long thread but I didn't see it.  My question is why wouldn't our USA Coaches send more than one 65kg to try to qualify the weight?   I believe if we had Mckenna/Yianni/Lee there, maybe we end up with someone who finishes top 2 and we qualify the weight.  In the event JO were to get hurt, these guys potentially could get the call to wrestle in the Olympics.  Is there any rule that says if an American wrestler qualified the weight, that he has to be our representative?

I apologize if this is somewhere in the other long thread but I didn't see it.  My question is why wouldn't our USA Coaches send more than one 65kg to try to qualify the weight?   I believe if we had Mckenna/Yianni/Lee there, maybe we end up with someone who finishes top 2 and we qualify the weight.  In the event JO were to get hurt, these guys potentially could get the call to wrestle in the Olympics.  Is there any rule that says if an American wrestler qualified the weight, that he has to be our representative?
Because each country can only send one participant.....
JO was our Olympic Rep, so we sent him

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Spladle, I'm glad you have to ask Rizzo about everything.  He knows a lot!!
mspart
He's made me who I am :)
Bring on these Olympics already !

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

17 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

He's made me who I am :)
Bring on these Olympics already !

I chuckle every time I read your sig - even though I know its coming.

How long do you have to keep using it?  I forgot what time frame you and Frank agreed to. 

On 5/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, spladle08 said:

Hahaha until 74kg is completed at the Olympics... :( I got awhile

What if the Olympics get canceled?  Do you have to keep that sig for another 3 years?

I doubt you'd find five people on this entire board who'd agree with that, but okay.
Justifiably strong words ( 100%) ..once the draws were out everyone knew it was unlikely he'd qualify..... and sure he could've wrestled that 1 match differently but it's not like he lost to Argentina or soemthing (jk... Slightly) ....
Next Olympics we will at least be in the field... And worlds this year... Should be fun !