Sign in to follow this  
smitty11

Carter

What is the opinion on Devin Carter next year? Is he going 141? He won the Dave Shultz this year in a pretty tough bracket. Had a nice showing at the midlands and beat Ramos two years ago in the finals at the Midlands. Were does he stack up at 141? I think he is top 4 and give Maple and Stieber a good match, not sure if he can win but will be tough IMO.

What is the opinion on Devin Carter next year? Is he going 141? He won the Dave Shultz this year in a pretty tough bracket. Had a nice showing at the midlands and beat Ramos two years ago in the finals at the Midlands. Were does he stack up at 141? I think he is top 4 and give Maple and Stieber a good match, not sure if he can win but will be tough IMO.

I think he's in the mix with Maple/Hunter/Port.

Logan absolutely owns him, so if he goes up, he won't be beating him. He should have a great year next year and top 4 seems about right.

Logan Stieber is 3-0 vs Devin Carter in both HS and College- all by a decision.

However, Hunter is 1-1 vs Devin in HS- one Hunter major and one Devin decision.

If Hunter remains in 141 then it would be very good match to watch!

If Logan moves up to 141, it is still a thriller because all matches won by Logan were by a decision.

Logan Stieber is 3-0 vs Devin Carter in both HS and College- all by a decision.

However, Hunter is 1-1 vs Devin in HS- one Hunter major and one Devin decision.

If Hunter remains in 141 then it would be very good match to watch!

If Logan moves up to 141, it is still a thriller because all matches won by Logan were by a decision.

If you saw any of the matches between Logan and Devin, I suppose they were numerically close, but the end result was never in question. Devin was never close to winning.

I love Carter's style. Loved watching him at the Ironman. Carter looked more impressive than Hunter in the runup to their finals matches BOTH years. Hunter majoring him was the aberration.

Logan beat him in their Ironman final, but it was not "easy" by any means.

Have Port and Carter met in college? I think Port beat him in high school.

I hope he goes 141 but I saw him running Monday on campus and he is BIG. This is the same guy who weighed 95lbs his freshman year of high school. Having worked with Carter in the weightroom while in high school I know he is strong, listens, and works as hard as anyone I have had the pleasure of spending time with. I don't know what kind of number he is putting up in the weight room but eye ball test I'd say he about 165-170 at the moment. Of course he was sprinting around the drillfield when I saw so he I might be off.

He made 132.5 in early Feb for the Shultz so I would think 141 but seems VT has a lot of good wrestlers around 141-149. Carter probably being the best. Carter lost to Futrell 8-5 and Mangrum in OT at Midlands. He is going to be tough, will be interesting if he goes to US Open.