npope

Pan Am Games

Thanks. The participant numbers look a little thin - is this a unique, down, year?
Well it's pan-ams which is generally USA vs Cuba... Throw in a pending Olympics..... Don't value any results you see from here at all..... Freestyle should be nothing but quick techs and pins.... Enjoy

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Two things. 

1. It's the Pan Am Championships. The Pan Am Games is an all-sports Olympic-style competition that takes place the year before the Olympics typically. 

2. Cuba and Venezuela didn't come. Due to COVID, I'm told that the cost of testing was an issue and there was apparently no requirement to compete in the continental to qualify for Worlds in Oslo this year. 

1 hour ago, 8224 said:

In the stories about the Pan Am Games I keep reading that some of the weights have Nordic style brackets.  Can anyone tell me what they are? 

Having 2 pools. Round Robin in pool play then a final

8 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

Flo Arena hasn't worked for me all day.....the page is black?????

I had trouble with the Flo Arena being black when I used Microsoft Edge for my browser even though all other Flo options worked fine. I changed to Google Chrome and the Arena info magically appeared. 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, Gantry said:

I'm curious why we even sent our Olympians here given the quality level is so low.  Don't see what they would get out of this compared to a tournament like Poland, seems like an injury risk for little gain. 

Seeding points for Worlds in Oslo is the main reason.  I think most of the Olympians will be in Poland as well.

9 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

I had trouble with the Flo Arena being black when I used Microsoft Edge for my browser even though all other Flo options worked fine. I changed to Google Chrome and the Arena info magically appeared. 

I'm using Google Chrome

Steveson's Guatemalan opponent looked pretty awful. 18 seconds, two snatch singles, lifted him, dropped him flat on his back, the second was followed by a turn while the local guy gripped his own shoulder in pain. 

Obviously Steveson is on another level, but that match didn't look like a meaningful experience for either guy. 

*I might have been watching the match vs Columbia, was over too quickly for me to know.

Edited by denger

The officiating in McKenna's quarterfinal is absurd.

The head pinch in the first half was a questionable 4, but I don't know what was happening with the challenge at the end. McKenna scored his turn to go up 14-4, but they challenged for a reversal point and won. Then McKenna ends up on top for par terre to score again(?) Just weird. 

Just now, denger said:

The head pinch in the first half was a questionable 4, but I don't know what was happening with the challenge at the end. McKenna scored his turn to go up 14-4, but they challenged for a reversal point and won. Then McKenna ends up on top for par terre to score again(?) Just weird. 

Apparently if a challenge interrupts pare tarre. You get put back down 

4 minutes ago, denger said:

was the right call. Continuation is allowed even if that first 2 gets you the 10-point spread. 2-2-1 was the right call.