Sign in to follow this  
simple

I really enjoyed the Cornell era

If you’re Grey...do you go to Stanford?  If you’re Yianni and Vito...where do you go?  

Hahn was a good wrestler, I haven’t seen anything out of him that sounds like he could rebuild that program, or that he would even want to.  He’ll have more success at SDSU over the next five years certainly.  

3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

If you’re Grey...do you go to Stanford?  If you’re Yianni and Vito...where do you go?  

Hahn was a good wrestler, I haven’t seen anything out of him that sounds like he could rebuild that program, or that he would even want to.  He’ll have more success at SDSU over the next five years certainly.  

2Xer is “good” wrestler in your book?  You are hard to impress!

3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Uh, "rebuild?"  Seriously?

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

2Xer is “good” wrestler in your book?  You are hard to impress!

I wasn’t clear enough, Hahn is a wrestler’s wrestler, but I have never seen him as having the put together feel of an ivy head coach.  For lack of a better way to put it, if you are taking an Ivy head coach spot, the schools effectively require that you be able to at least sound like you are at a country club at all times.  Hahn never struck me as having that vibe. 

23 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

The odds are most of the guys will transfer. It’s important that the next coach is able to rebuild, but he will be in a good position to do so. 

Please list this majority of the roster and recruits that will likely transfer, along with their destination.  Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, klehner said:

Please list this majority of the roster and recruits that will likely transfer, along with their destination.  Thanks in advance.

Lol this is the most “pls fx thx” post I have seen in a while.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Guys don't just leave a school like Cornell and you can't just transfer into a school like Stanford easily. Also, Koll was a CEO coach. Yianni ain't leaving Grey.

Not for nothing, this literally just happened a month ago...

Did Koll give the Deans a heads up?

Edited by Drew87

23 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

You are suggesting that without Rob Koll, the Deans would not stay at Cornell?  That's their impetus?

43 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

How would that work?  When the Dean's announced they were leaving Cornell Stanford Wrestling was still on the chopping block.

1 hour ago, Drew87 said:

Touche. Maybe better to say that guys don't typically leave a school like Cornell. With them staying internal with Grey, I highly doubt we're going to see a mass exodus.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Touche. Maybe better to say that guys don't typically leave a school like Cornell. With them staying internal with Grey, I highly doubt we're going to see a mass exodus.

I hope so, Grey has definitely earned his spot.  My thinking on the transfer front was they just lost their big guy coach and now their head coach.  Most of their new firepower is up top.

Grey is great, but lower, middle, and upperweight wrestling are all really different because technique and leverage are so different across weights and body types.  Teams excel where they have good coaches at those weights.

I hope they get someone new who is purely a coach for those weights, since Dake will be busy.