Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Stanford's projected lineup for 2022 - according to WrestleStat

125 lbs - # 37 ranked (WS) Jackson DiSario - True JR - Two time PAC 12 runner-up at 125 lbs - Two-time NCAA Qualifier at 125 lbs

133 lbs - # 48 ranked (WS) Jason Miranda - True SO - Placed 5th at 2021 PAC 12 tournament at 133 lbs

141 lbs - # 8 ranked (WS) Real Woods - RS JR - 2020 PAC 12 champion at 141 lbs - 2021 PAC 12 runner-up at 141 lbs - Two-time NCAA Qualifier at 141 lbs

149 lbs - # 14 ranked (WS) Jaden Abas - RS SO - 2021 PAC 12 champion at 149 lbs - 2021 NCAA All-American (7th place)

157 lbs - # 25 ranked (WS) Requir van der Merwe - 6th year SR - Placed 3rd at 2021 PAC 12 tournament at 157 lbs - 2021 NCAA Qualifier at 157 lbs - 2019 NCAA Qualifier at 149 lbs

165 lbs - # 38 ranked (WS) Tyler Eischens - RS JR

174 lbs - # 3 ranked (WS) Shane Griffith - RS JR - 2020 PAC 12 champion at 165 lbs - 2021 PAC 12 runner-up at 165 lbs - 2021 NCAA Champion at 165 lbs

184 lbs - # 103 ranked (WS) Jared Hill - 6th year SR - Placed 5th at 2021 PAC 12 tournament at 184 lbs

197 lbs - # 38  ranked (WS) Nick Stemmet - True SO - Placed 3rd at 2021 PAC  12 tournament at 197 lbs

285 lbs - # 47 ranked (WS) Peter Ming - True SO

Edited by Bronco

15 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Couple All Americans, including a champ from last year. MAYBE a top 15-20 team.  I was hoping some Cornell kids would transfer after Koll got hired. 

So sayeth Head Coach Mike Grey:

I want to make it abundantly clear that we have not lost any current student-athletes or committed recruits, and we do not plan to lose ANY!!! Our team is committed to each other and our culture has never been stronger. 

Sorry.

Take it up with WrestleStat.  As was very obviously mentioned above this is "according to WrestleStat". 

That having been said tho those Seniors do have the option of wrestling one more year - as a result of what occurred in 2000, i.e, the so-called "free year" of eligibility.

I find it odd that those two 2021 Seniors on the Stanford wrestling team were mentioned as the projected starters for 2022 yet there was no mention of 2021 Stanford starter Nathan Traxler.

9 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I find it odd that those two 2021 Seniors on the Stanford wrestling team were mentioned as the projected starters for 2022 yet there was no mention of 2021 Stanford starter Nathan Traxler.

Traxler transferred to Virginia Tech.

9 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Couple All Americans, including a champ from last year. MAYBE a top 15-20 team.  I was hoping some Cornell kids would transfer after Koll got hired. 

Stanford has the strictest acceptance of any college if I remember right. I doubt they suddenly open the flood gates this late in the process. 

Just now, Sublime607 said:

Stanford has the strictest acceptance of any college if I remember right. I doubt they suddenly open the flood gates this late in the process. 

Well you have to figure that Cornell probably has pretty high standards as well, being an IVY school. Plus you know how wrestlers are about following coaches they like. 

18 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Well you have to figure that Cornell probably has pretty high standards as well, being an IVY school. Plus you know how wrestlers are about following coaches they like. 

It's pretty well documented on these forums that Cornell isn't as tough to get into as you might think, depending on the school program, and definitely not as hard to get into as Stanford.  I honestly have no idea, but every time the subject comes up, people talk about how strings get pulled for acceptance into certain programs at Cornell for the blue chip recruits who don't fit the Ivy League profile.  That being said, anyone who wrestles at a high level for schools like Stanford, Northwestern, or an Ivy is a beast on the mats and in the classroom.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, Sublime607 said:

Stanford was implicated in William Rick Singer's admissions scandal a few years ago, and this might have contributed to their strange decision to suddenly drop ten or eleven sports programs. The sailing coach from Stanford, John Vandemoer, of course lost his job and was prosecuted. Stanford expelled a student involved in the scandal, and the fallout continues to this day, as the university is facing lawsuits from at least one disgruntled student who argues that she lost a lot of time and money applying to schools (Stanford among them) involved in the scandal, and that the stain on Stanford's reputation will decrease the value of her degree. I am sure that Stanford is cooperating and hoping like hell that this thing will go away. If one student is successful in obtaining compensation, there's a strong chance that a class action lawsuit will follow. 

16 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

Stanford was implicated in William Rick Singer's admissions scandal a few years ago, and this might have contributed to their strange decision to suddenly drop ten or eleven sports programs. The sailing coach from Stanford, John Vandemoer, of course lost his job and was prosecuted. Stanford expelled a student involved in the scandal, and the fallout continues to this day, as the university is facing lawsuits from at least one disgruntled student who argues that she lost a lot of time and money applying to schools (Stanford among them) involved in the scandal, and that the stain on Stanford's reputation will decrease the value of her degree. I am sure that Stanford is cooperating and hoping like hell that this thing will go away. If one student is successful in obtaining compensation, there's a strong chance that a class action lawsuit will follow. 

Honestly very well done post. I learned something new.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:27 PM, TobusRex said:

It's rumored wrestling at Cornell has preferred sport status. They also have used grey shirt transferring to their advantage. Stanford, as currently constructed, has more stringent admissions when it comes to wrestling

2 hours ago, dtry222 said:

It's rumored wrestling at Cornell has preferred sport status. They also have used grey shirt transferring to their advantage. Stanford, as currently constructed, has more stringent admissions when it comes to wrestling

Absolutely true, but it's worth pointing out that Stanford has an AD who has been clearly and publicly outted as dirty and hasn't lost his job yet.