OBXWrestler

Damion Hahn to Stanford?

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I’d say North Jersey probably has more hair gel.

Yeah, if you had to divide the state into North & South only the old 6/7/8 would probably be South Jersey, but most South Jerseyans really only considered 7 & 8 as South Jersey.

Same for the state as a whole.  If there was a dividing line it’d probably be 195, so Lakewood would be South.

But that’s not to say that there aren’t rural areas in North Jersey as well.   Northwest Jersey is pretty rural too.

Also super true, you really don’t have to go very far in many directions in Jersey to get to farms and a lot of nature. Blair is way up in the middle of nowhere and it is very pretty up that way.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:39 PM, Drew87 said:

Aight, and what is it like for the 9 months of the year it isn’t nice outside?  I never trust a place that is beautiful and completely comfortable during the summer...means you work hard to earn it with the other seasons.

With the exception of San Diego. 12 months a year of gorgeous weather.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, gobraves101905 said:

It’s always about money. Don’t be naive. 

If that were the case, Stanford would drop every men's sport - including basketball and baseball - other than football. But but maybe that's just my naivete talking.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, gobraves101905 said:

It’s always about money. Don’t be naive. 

Everything in the world is all about money - the world runs on money. Currency is what makes trade and the world economy tick. I doubt many here are naïve to this concept.

That being said, Stanford is not anywhere near being in need of money in order to fund their wrestling program. Never was, never will be. If you think otherwise, you're confused.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, Drew87 said:

Also super true, you really don’t have to go very far in many directions in Jersey to get to farms and a lot of nature. Blair is way up in the middle of nowhere and it is very pretty up that way.

Huh.  Who would have thunk it.  For comparison, have you ever been to Wyoming?

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Huh.  Who would have thunk it.  For comparison, have you ever been to Wyoming?

I have not, but I have been through a good bit of New Mexico and different parts of Colorado.  The scale is otherworldly.  

I will never forget driving for more than an hour on a highway in southern colorado and still being in front of the same mountain.