At least Zahid and Moore aren't afraid to go olympic weights when they are tweeners. Because Sadulaev is not competing at 97kg I shall not throw certain US athletes under the bus, but only because Sad is not attending.

Happy to see Gwiz never get off the horse, would have liked to have seen Gable and Parris especially with Zare in attendance but I understand why both are taking time to recover after the NCAA + Oly trial grind. $5 says Hemida is going to walk away with a bracket-made silver medal.

Glad to see Nolf testing the international scene. We may get a better gauge of where he stands as long as he doesn't draw Chamizo off the scale. Here's to hoping when the plane takes off he doesn't get PTSD to the time Dake launched him into the heavens and snatched his soul.

Because this tourney is on an international site, experience dictates Johnny D is going to smash his way through the bracket causing half this board to go into full Argentinian damage control mode and the other half into blame JO mode. No matter what McKenna still remains one of the most underappreciated wrestlers in the country and world.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

At least Zahid and Moore aren't afraid to go olympic weights when they are tweeners. Because Sadulaev is not competing at 97kg I shall not throw certain US athletes under the bus, but only because Sad is not attending.

Happy to see Gwiz never get off the horse, would have liked to have seen Gable and Parris especially with Zare in attendance but I understand why both are taking time to recover after the NCAA + Oly trial grind. $5 says Hemida is going to walk away with a bracket-made silver medal.

Glad to see Nolf testing the international scene. We may get a better gauge of where he stands as long as he doesn't draw Chamizo off the scale. Here's to hoping when the plane takes off he doesn't get PTSD to the time Dake launched him into the heavens and snatched his soul.

Because this tourney is on an international site, experience dictates Johnny D is going to smash his way through the bracket causing half this board to go into full Argentinian damage control mode and the other half into blame JO mode. No matter what McKenna still remains one of the most underappreciated wrestlers in the country and world.

McKenna is going, right?

I think Destribats is.

Tough to ask Gable to do Pan Ams followed by Poland, basically in consecutive weeks and then go to Japan next month.

3 hours ago, wnywrestling said:

If this is the final entry list, the brackets are quite small.  I didn't look at them all, but greco 55 only has one entry listed.

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/467d1942-c79f-11eb-803a-06b1e9be04dc

Yes, small tournament but some half decent entries at some weights.  74 KG has 16 guys.  

Here's a link to FLO's breakdown of the men's freestyle action if you can access it it:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7075264-2021-poland-open-preview-30-olympians-competing-in-mens-freestyle

I'm interested in particular how Nolf will perform.  

Edited by dmm53

Mohammadian Vs moore in first round.

Karimi gets a bye, but will probably meet Sharifov first.

If Karimi and Mohammadian go to semis they will meet. Shabani is on the other side of bracket and meets Macedonia first after getting a bye.

Draw definitely favours Shabani out of the 3 Iranians.

Edited by Uwwdoc

I am rooting for Mohammadian, so would have preferred it was shabani-karimi potentially in semis. We will see how it goes. But if mohammdian wins the tournament with this draw then I think it won't be disputed he is the man for Tokyo

Edited by Uwwdoc

Semi finals set

Karimi meets Mohammdian. Karimi beat Italy, Italy never faced Sarifov, not sure what happened.

Shabani meets Yergali in Semis on other side. He beat Macedonia.

Mohammadian teched KAZ after teching Moore.

Will likely be an all Iranian final. But Mohammadian has been the most impressive.