2 hours ago, BTC said:

Anyone with a brief summary of the Pantaleo vs Aliyev match?

Pantaleo went up with a 4 early in the 1st.  He was faster and stronger and it showed.  He got in on a single then a go-behind.  He essentially did a back trip/gut and they gave him 4.  He was able to get another single late in the first.  Looked like same scenario but Aly was smart about it and went forward/belly down.  Aly got a pushout in a scenario that would have likely been called grounded here in the states.

6-1 end of period.  Again Pantaleo was bigger, faster, and stronger and it showed in the first.

In the 2nd it appeared he lost hid agression (I don't think he was gassed just playing it safe and stalling).  Pretty sure Aly got a 1 for passivity on the timeclock, I missed that part as I hopped over to see James Green.

10 seconds to go and Pantaleo clearly trying to not lose and Aly gets a TD and quick gut.  6 seconds left and couldn't get another gut.

Pantaleo stalling nearly cost him as had Aly realized he was down on criteria he likely would have been able to put that other gut into place right away.  I think he thought he had criteria or the lead outright somehow.  That gut looked so easy for him to just stop.

Pantaleo got in on the same exact shot to Green's lead leg 4 times. Scored the first two times, the next two turned into scrambles and no scores for Pantaleo. Still, it's gotta feel good to get to the leg you want seemingly at will. 

Just now, GranbyTroll said:

Pantaleo got in on the same exact shot to Green's lead leg 4 times. Scored the first two times, the next two turned into scrambles and no scores for Pantaleo. Still, it's gotta feel good to get to the leg you want seemingly at will. 

Incorrect.  The 3rd time did end up being one point for Pantaleo on the pushout.

What were those two guys there to do? Show how bad the current tie break passivity criteria is? They did a good job...

Mohommadian actually did nothing, and was handed the match.