7 minutes ago, 77again said:

Mohamadian over Shabani in 1-1 criteria match.

Other than the criteria win, I didn't see anything that separates the two. Not sure who Iran will send to Tokyo, but I assume Mohamadian.

The Iranian fans would know more than me, but my understanding is that they have been wanting to send Big Mo, and now that he won this it is probably a done deal.  

It may have been one of those deals where they would have found ways to get them to keep wrestling until he won.

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

The Iranian fans would know more than me, but my understanding is that they have been wanting to send Big Mo, and now that he won this it is probably a done deal.  

It may have been one of those deals where they would have found ways to get them to keep wrestling until he won.

Yes it will be him.

18 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

That match was over in the 1st period when Shabani was put on the clock first.

Mohammadian was put on the shot clock first though, Shabani got the first passivity point awarded but I get your point...

Emami and Hosseinkhani will meet in the semis if they win their respective matches, they are on the slightly easier side of the bracket, Chamizo, Nolf and some of the other better wrestlers on the other side.

Taheri and Zare will meet in the final if they win all their matches. Zare should really make it to the finals with his draw. Taheri might meet Gwiz in the semis

Nolf loses opening bout on an exposure in the last 15 seconds. He was up 2-1 and nearly had a TD, but got turned in the sequence. Lost the subsequent challenge to make it 4-2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nolf loses opening bout on an exposure in the last 15 seconds. He was up 2-1 and nearly had a TD, but got turned in the sequence. Lost the subsequent challenge to make it 4-2.

Did he try a winn dixie?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Muszakaev gets revenge on Yianni, 7-6. Only engaged twice, scoring a TD in the 1st and a 4 in the second. I didn’t understand why Musz got 4 on the second scoring sequence, Yianni lost a challenge on it as well.

Yianni chases for the other 5-1/2 min. Musz gives up two caution-1s for fleeing/passivity. Yianni has a chance to pull it out in similar fashion to their bout last year, but cannot manage a turn in the forced par terre with ~10sec remaining.

5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Muszakaev gets revenge on Yianni, 7-6. Only engaged twice, scoring a TD in the 1st and a 4 in the second. I didn’t understand why Musz got 4 on the second scoring sequence, Yianni lost a challenge on it as well.

Yianni chases for the other 5-1/2 min. Musz gives up two caution-1s for fleeing/passivity. Yianni has a chance to pull it out in similar fashion to their bout last year, but cannot manage a turn in the forced par terre with ~10sec remaining.

Tough bout to watch.  Yianni down 6 with about 90 seconds left and it felt very winnable lol

I'm not an international ref, but I am not sure what more the official could have done to make Musz pay for his frustrating tactics.  At some point, Yianni has to score his own techniques.  Can't be giving up big points early and not answering until late.

Tough bout to watch.  Yianni down 6 with about 90 seconds left and it felt very winnable lol

I'm not an international ref, but I am not sure what more the official could have done to make Musz pay for his frustrating tactics.  At some point, Yianni has to score his own techniques.  Can't be giving up big points early and not answering until late.

Musz is talented. Hard to imagine how good he’d be if he showed up in shape. He managed to get two lengthy lung TOs for pseudo injuries. When he decides to engage, he typically scores.

Musz is talented. Hard to imagine how good he’d be if he showed up in shape. He managed to get two lengthy lung TOs for pseudo injuries. When he decides to engage, he typically scores.

He's my pick for the weight at the Olympics.
I'm assuming he shows up like he did at the last Worlds and can go a full 6 (I mean come on it's the Olympics) and in a field where 5 or 6 guys can win it, he seems like as good a choice as any.

Personally, I feel his attack rate/style doesn't seem to change in those huge matches and I like seeing those big names get put in uncomfortable positions. I think if anyone was going to have a Romanov type Olympics, it'd be him.... But obviously Rashidov or Aliyev could squeak out 4 wins by 1pt each just as easily .

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Just now, The Genius said:

Cox lost his SF match against a Ukrainian I have never heard of, wow. 

Incredible really. Probably makes a lot of the folk thinking "what if" he made weight less as convinced he would have gone on to win. Wonder what has happened to him

92kg: both Cox and Jackson lose on late TDs.

Cox lost 2-1. Had a deep single w 30s to go. Lifted leg high off the mat, and lost it.

Jackson gave up late TD on a weak single attempt that appeared to be more of a clock-killer than a legitimate slot. Opponent goes behind for the winning TD.

17 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

92kg: both Cox and Jackson lose on late TDs.

Cox lost 3-2. Had a deep single w 30s to go. Lifted leg high off the mat, and lost it.

Cox had his opponent on the ground, dove on top of him...and missed.  Don't know if I've ever seen that happen before.  Just completely flew over him.

Yianni absolutely dismantled McKenna, so much so I called him Kenna and had to add the Mc back. Think about that a moment. 15-4. 

The match ended with a four pointer on the edge and in second period, for the time it lasted, Yianni took poor Ken down at will. 

32 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Cox lost his SF match against a Ukrainian I have never heard of, wow. 

I really enjoyed the "Cox is the best P4P in the United States era".... I imagine that thread will start soon, or something similar.  

He absolutely didn't come out with Soul-crushing energy or drive.  That superman "tackle" and miss was interesting too.  

Isn't this his first competition in some time?  Maybe it's "rust".  Maybe something else.  I don't know, but from what I saw, Cox either dropped down back into the pack at 92kg, or the rest of the world caught up.  Maybe a little of both.  

A Cox/Sadulaev match would now be laughable based on what we just saw.  Sad would tech him.  Cox at 97kg, in general, seems increasingly difficult, given the IRI top 2, Sad, Snyder, and the rest of that top Tier.