Jump to content
Dartsingle

Musukaev defeats Yanni @ Poland

Recommended Posts

Just watched the match from today of Yanni vs Musukaev.   I think Yanni was screwed out of two scoring situations (1) should have gotten a 4 instead of just a 1 point out of bounds (2) should have been a 2 & 2 exchange rather than 2 for Musukaev....which resulted in a failed challenge by Yanni's corner thus adding another point.

I absolutely HATE how Musukaev wrestled...and it was clear Yanni was frustrated.  However, Yanni seemed to have trouble creating any real angles to shots and was basically just shooting and extending which played to Musukaev's game of backup, sprawl, circle.  

 

Thoughts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it twice and I thought Yanni (as much as I love the guy) was a bit outclassed.  Yanni has the much better gas tank.  Musukaev did what he wanted early and then backed away.  I felt like if he had to turn it on he would have ben able to, although by the end he was sucking wind and calling for TO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

It wasn't 4 he was 3 miles out of the mat when he hit that move 

From my perspective...Yianni started the move in bounds - continuous movement from initial attack which went out of bounds; there was no break in momentum

Watch the Yianni vs. Mckenna match...he hits a four to end the match and ends up '3 miles out' there too..but it's scored.

 

Obviously the judges saw something different - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

From my perspective...Yianni started the move in bounds - continuous movement from initial attack which went out of bounds; there was no break in momentum

Watch the Yianni vs. Mckenna match...he hits a four to end the match and ends up '3 miles out' there too..but it's scored.

 

Obviously the judges saw something different - 

I thought they were already out when he initiated the move, and that it wasn't continuation of an action that started in bounds.  Yianni's corner didn't think it was worth throwing a brick?  Did they still have the brick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Musukaev had already stepped out and yanni did not start the action that lead to the throw until he was clearly out of bounds with both feet...

had yanni stepped out with his lead foot while starting the throw then continuation would be in play...

he did not...

this was an easy call to make...

you have to understand the rules before you start complaining about them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactics...

Musk went out determined to wrestle half a match, so Yianni chases and gets countered instead of getting a shot clock point....

Its had to blame Yianni cause this is sort of the opposite of his match with JO. Oliver floated to the edge, Yianni let him wrestle out there cause its not that smart, but couldn't stop the late sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Musukaev is World Champ quality... for about 2 or 3 minutes every match. 

When Yianni beat him he was even more outclassed than today, Musukaev just had an all-time gas out.  

This. 

Does this dude have like a medical condition or is he a heavy smoker or substance abuser? He wouldn't even need to be the best conditioned athlete to be a consistent threat, just not the absolute worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

This. 

Does this dude have like a medical condition or is he a heavy smoker or substance abuser? He wouldn't even need to be the best conditioned athlete to be a consistent threat, just not the absolute worst.

I totally agree!  Never seen someone that high of caliber gas so hard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

This. 

Does this dude have like a medical condition or is he a heavy smoker or substance abuser? He wouldn't even need to be the best conditioned athlete to be a consistent threat, just not the absolute worst.

There are plenty of people that have their suspicions about Musukaev's... "training regiment."  Reckless speculation, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJB said:

Musukaev had already stepped out and yanni did not start the action that lead to the throw until he was clearly out of bounds with both feet...

had yanni stepped out with his lead foot while starting the throw then continuation would be in play...

he did not...

this was an easy call to make...

you have to understand the rules before you start complaining about them...

I disagree with a call.....I must not understand the rules (lol)..  I understand the rules very well....I've followed international wrestling and all the rule changes for well over 25 years.  

 

There's a reason why one of the biggest complaints in freestyle wrestling is that many scoring positions are too judgmental.  Or maybe no-one understands the rules as well as you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dartsingle said:

I disagree with a call.....I must not understand the rules (lol)..  I understand the rules very well....I've followed international wrestling and all the rule changes for well over 25 years.  

 

There's a reason why one of the biggest complaints in freestyle wrestling is that many scoring positions are too judgmental.  Or maybe no-one understands the rules as well as you

You do not understand the rules if you still think yanni should have got 4...

it was the right call and a very easy one to make...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LJB said:

You do not understand the rules if you still think yanni should have got 4...

it was the right call and a very easy one to make...

He might not have gotten 4, but his name definitely should have gotten 2 i's in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

John?  There isn't even one "i" in John?

I'm pretty sure presidents, even the dead ones, were given tips on how to address people by their preferred names ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cu155 said:

I'm pretty sure presidents, even the dead ones, were given tips on how to address people by their preferred names ;)

What about Secretary of the Treasury?  How about UWW?

I once knew a person who asked to be called "Bluegrass" in a professional setting.  His name, coincidentally, was also "John."  I called him John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John?  There isn't even one "i" in John?

John is what UWW uses, which I’m pretty sure aligns with a person’s passport. Not sure where Yianni came from or started, but data would suggest his real (official) name is John.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LJB said:

Musukaev had already stepped out and yanni did not start the action that lead to the throw until he was clearly out of bounds with both feet...

had yanni stepped out with his lead foot while starting the throw then continuation would be in play...

he did not...

this was an easy call to make...

you have to understand the rules before you start complaining about them...

I don’t know the rules.  Was the 4 for Musukaev the correct call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

What about Secretary of the Treasury?  How about UWW?

I once knew a person who asked to be called "Bluegrass" in a professional setting.  His name, coincidentally, was also "John."  I called him John.

Bluegrass would be more memorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...