Dartsingle

Musukaev defeats Yanni @ Poland

8 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

If a guy like Askren, who has competed at the highest level and is still extensively involved in the sport doesn’t understand the rules, perhaps that’s a rule problem. From looking at the UWW rule book, it’s not very specific. I understand refs meet and clarify these things but why not clearly define everything with words in the rule book?

He doesn't even know the folkstyle rules.  He was pretty insistent a week ago that nearfall can't be awarded while an athlete is bridging because his shoulders are more than four inches from the mat.  Get a rulebook and go to officials meetings.  Holding your opponent on his back while he is bridging is one of the four criteria for nearfall.  If you don't know that, and you are a paid coach, you probably shouldn't be criticizing officiating.

11 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

If a guy like Askren, who has competed at the highest level and is still extensively involved in the sport doesn’t understand the rules, perhaps that’s a rule problem. From looking at the UWW rule book, it’s not very specific. I understand refs meet and clarify these things but why not clearly define everything with words in the rule book?

I very recently had a very high level ref explain to me that several rules including the one where you only get 2 and not 2 and 2 for tipping a taken down opponent on their butt to their back exist because it screwed over a Russian.

Ive also heard that mysteriously.. at Tokyo. The Russians got allotted an extra official.. at the expense of the US.

Ive also heard a bunch of high level officials and coaches say uww rules are deliberately kept vague.

I love freestyle. But people denying the chicanery is annoying 

the rules are kept vague in the official rule book from france...

my assumption is that it is done that way because anything else would be a nightmare with all the translations...

anyone with even a little gumption could go to the USAW website and read our rule book complete with video links and get a much better understanding of the rules...

but...

then how could you feel all this manufactured rage??????

anyway...

yes... sometimes the rules get ignored... sometimes an athlete gets "screwed"... sometimes wrestling is just like evry other aspect of life...

get over it or keep living with an excuse mentality...

it is something that is talked about in my house because it is very pertinent... and we look for ways to change the way that he wrestles to mitigate the possibility of him falling prey to shenanigans...

because that is what you should do instead of whining...

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

my assumption is that it is done that way because anything else would be a nightmare with all the translations...

anyone with even a little gumption could go to the USAW website and read our rule book complete with video links and get a much better understanding of the rules...

but...

anyway...

yes... sometimes the rules get ignored... sometimes an athlete gets "screwed"... sometimes wrestling is just like evry other aspect of life...

it is something that is talked about in my house because it is very pertinent... and we look for ways to change the way that he wrestles to mitigate the possibility of him falling prey to shenanigans...

For someone who’s made such a big deal about one is or isn’t okay with corruption 

you’re awfully accepting here

7 minutes ago, jp157 said:

For someone who’s made such a big deal about one is or isn’t okay with corruption 

you’re awfully accepting here

well, duh...

because i don't see the world with a loser's mentality...

not gonna whine about rules or think everyone is out to get me or mine because that is entirely counter productive...

you identify what you want to do... identify all the things that might be stopping you from doing it... and then you adjust accordingly...

and that is not just with wrestling...

that is everything in life...

plus, no amount of whining will ever stop anything... it just lets everyone know you are a whiner...

and let's face it... whiners are the absolute worst and never make an impact or are relevant enough to do much more than point and laugh...

want to make a real impact?

get our from your keyboard and make a change by actually doing something...

all hypothetical you(s) mind you...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

well, duh...

because i don't see the world with a loser's mentality...

not gonna whine about rules or think everyone is out to get me or mine because that is entirely counter productive...

you identify what you want to do... identify all the things that might be stopping you from doing it... and then you adjust accordingly...

and that is not just with wrestling...

that is everything in life...

plus, no amount of whining will ever stop anything... it just lets everyone know you are a whiner...

and let's face it... whiners are the absolute worst and never make an impact or are relevant enough to do much more than point and laugh...

want to make a real impact?

get our from your keyboard and make a change by actually doing something...

all hypothetical you(s) mind you...

I’m constantly involved in working on things to make an impact. You can make the attempt to call me a keyboard warrior if you want.

you’re still suddenly okay with corruption 

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

I’m constantly involved in working on things to make an impact. You can make the attempt to call me a keyboard warrior if you want.

you’re still suddenly okay with corruption 

pull your panties out...

read the last sentence again...

i am not okay with corruption but also am adult enough to know the way the world works...

anyway...

you have two teachable moments directly above that you will either learn from or not...

i'm keeping you in my thoughts, sparky...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

pull your panties out...

read the last sentence again...

i am not okay with corruption but also am adult enough to know the way the world works...

anyway...

you have two teachable moments directly above that you will either learn from or not...

i'm keeping you in my thoughts, sparky...

No panties twisted. Just bemused

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Back to the match...

Another question...

Was it correct to put Musukaev down at the end?  Seemed like even Yianni was confused why the ref did that

no, it was not correct...

and to be honest, one of the most egregious rule breaks i have seen in a minute...

i could not even point and laugh at anyone who claimed it was purposely done to influence the outcome...

not sure why it has taken this long to come up in this thread... 

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are smart enough to be able to read and interpret an entire post...

or...

am i giving you too much credit?

Look at you trying to stretch it out

Just now, jp157 said:

Look at you trying to stretch it out

i'm not trying anything...

sitting here enjoying my coffee and watching cadet duals...

first free moment i have had in close to a month...

answered a couple PMs...

sent a few texts talking smack about states results...

even read every sentence of every posts sp i did not get my feathers ruffled over a bruside ego...

it's been a great morning so far...

everyone should have as good a morning as i am having...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i'm not trying anything...

sitting here enjoying my coffee and watching cadet duals...

first free moment i have had in close to a month...

answered a couple PMs...

sent a few texts talking smack about states results...

even read every sentence of every posts sp i did not get my feathers ruffled over a bruside ego...

it's been a great morning so far...

everyone should have as good a morning as i am having...

You’re reading way too much into it 

or getting your panties in a bunch over it. But hi from Indiana.

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

You’re reading way too much into it 

or getting your panties in a bunch over it. But hi from Indiana.

indiana?

sorry about your greco results at cadets...

of course, i am sorry about everyone's greco at cadets... i tried to watch a few matches that had meaning to me and the greco is entirely to horrifying to watch...

i will have to endure juniors next week with both boys wrestling, but, i am hopeful the greco will be less awful...

don't worry... i won't be holding my breath...

45 minutes ago, LJB said:

indiana?

sorry about your greco results at cadets...

of course, i am sorry about everyone's greco at cadets... i tried to watch a few matches that had meaning to me and the greco is entirely to horrifying to watch...

i will have to endure juniors next week with both boys wrestling, but, i am hopeful the greco will be less awful...

don't worry... i won't be holding my breath...

As in I’m in the building. Lol 

5 hours ago, jp157 said:

As in I’m in the building. Lol 

Ha...

thankfully I did not have to go or watch too much because the younger boy is bumping up to juniors to fill a hole at 6s... 

im sure junior greco will be much less disappointing...

**insert straight face**

It (IOC) became a wealth manager.

I'm calling Abas Gold (USA) for the 2028 schedule in Los Angeles, California.

There's 2  Olympic cycles called for a schedule that stretches into 2028.

So I'm calling a Gold medal victory for Jaden Abas at 65 kg for the USA in 2028.

California did a great job with Abas.  State titles out of San Diego high school; Stanford standout. That's impressive management. Stretched the whole state South to North.

Japan managed Otoguro to show a similar trend as well. He was 2018 world champion and had a win over Stieber in Iowa. When he returned to Japan a world champion he was tech falled. The silent film of his tech fall, (available online here:) is revealing.

Sincerely,

Andy Hurla

B.A., Philosophy, UMKC

https://www.facebook.com/Hurla-for-US-Senate-102224428731141

11 hours ago, LJB said:

but...

anyway...

How is it hard to translate that an offensive wrestler must have at least one foot in bounds when starting a scoring action?  The rules are way too vague. You shouldn’t have to attend a ref clinic to understand the rules. You should be able to read the UWW rule book.  The USAW rule book and videos you reference  is what we do here. That’s not always the case when you’re wrestling in other parts of the world.  

And athletes getting screwed isn’t something you get over, it’s something you fix. 

Edited by AnklePicker

11 hours ago, LJB said:

no, it was not correct...

and to be honest, one of the most egregious rule breaks i have seen in a minute...

i could not even point and laugh at anyone who claimed it was purposely done to influence the outcome...

not sure why it has taken this long to come up in this thread... 

Got ya.

But just so we’re all on the same page here...

This was “one of the most egregious rule breaks”

You seem to admit that Musukaev’s 4 (ultimately 5) was at least questionable

But “it’s crazy” to complain about the officiating in this match?

I started to read page 3 of this post and halfway through forgot what the hell I was here to read about. Anyway, Musukaev is incredibly entertaining to watch and owned Yanni. Yeah, they d!cked Yanni by putting Musukaev but he was just better that day. Watch out if he decides to become fit.