Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

FLO guys

What do you think about a card that features one bout in each of the Olympic combat sports, plus one MMA bout, plus one bjj or no gi bout, and kickboxing?  Mat competitions first, then an intermission to set up a ring. 

Just curious. 

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

takedowns are beautiful things...unless obtained by running someone into a wall.....

It's just another element to the game, and if we're willing or wanting to cross promote disciplines then the cage makes the most sense. 

If we use the bigger stye ones we could even do an out of bounds area 2-3 feet from the fence.

Just put a ring right beside the mat (elevated). I watched a Bellator or One event where they had a kickboxing crossover event with a ring and cage set up side by side and it worked fine.  I would do a changeover as it would end up being a very long intermission to move the mat and then properly set up the ring.  And anyway I think it would be more entertaining to alternate between the mat based sports and the ring base ones in my opinion.  This should be right up Flo’s ally since they now have several combat sport verticals they could cross promote.  Get some solid names from each sport and your sure to have a decent selling event across all those platforms. 

Edited by MadMardigain

17 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Just put a ring right beside the mat.  Bellator or One had a kickboxing crossover event where  they had a ring and cage set up side by side.   It would be a very long intermission to move the mat and then properly set up the ring.  And would likely be more entertains to alternate between the mat based sports and the ring base ones in my opinion.  I would think this could be right up Flo’s ally since they now have several combat sport verticals they could cross promote.  

I like your setup best. 

47 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

FLO (FRL) guys:

Bratke has gone off to WVU.  Ollie is gone from the show. Pyles has had enough of JD and Askren is annoyed with it all. 

Does that mean FRL is in fact taking its last gasps?  Would not have expected that Bratke was the lynchpin, but I am somehow pleased by that.

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

FLO (FRL) guys:

Bratke has gone off to WVU.  Ollie is gone from the show. Pyles has had enough of JD and Askren is annoyed with it all. 

I have had perhaps the busiest two weeks of the year for me the last two weeks.

Can you please explain all except the Bratke bit?

11 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Just put a ring right beside the mat (elevated). I watched a Bellator or One event where they had a kickboxing crossover event with a ring and cage set up side by side and it worked fine.  I would do a changeover as it would end up being a very long intermission to move the mat and then properly set up the ring.  And anyway I think it would be more entertaining to alternate between the mat based sports and the ring base ones in my opinion.  This should be right up Flo’s ally since they now have several combat sport verticals they could cross promote.  Get some solid names from each sport and your sure to have a decent selling event across all those platforms. 

Very simple fix...Just do a back and forth....lower the cage down for the mma maches like in the WWF.  It would be amazing.

ugh...

FRL is fine...

all the chiken littles can go back to their holes...

nomad was the only loss that could have had any real impact because he brought something to the show that no one else does, actual knowledge of international wrestling...

i liked bratke, but, the show will go on without him...

No need for a cage. In this set up there is just one mma match, which can be done in a ring. 

I like what Maridigain said because it does take a minute to set up a ring appropriately 

Edited by Lurker

35 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Who is ollie?

One of the characters on the Flo podcast carousel. Off the top of my head, he was there for a few months then suddenly disappeared. Earlier this week, Askren asked if Ollie was showing up for the show and Pyles said something like "he won't be for a while." 

23 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

One of the characters on the Flo podcast carousel. Off the top of my head, he was there for a few months then suddenly disappeared. Earlier this week, Askren asked if Ollie was showing up for the show and Pyles said something like "he won't be for a while." 

Flo needs a reboot....

On 6/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, LJB said:

ugh...

FRL is fine...

all the chiken littles can go back to their holes...

nomad was the only loss that could have had any real impact because he brought something to the show that no one else does, actual knowledge of international wrestling...

i liked bratke, but, the show will go on without him...

old mannington is being an old man about other people having opinions other than his own again…

25 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

old mannington is being an old man about other people having opinions other than his own again…

Anyone is free to have any opinion they want just as I am perfectly within my right to roll me eyes, point, and laugh at how silly those opinions might be...

Go on chiken littles... back in your hole... the sky is definitely falling this time...

guaranteed... 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:42 PM, GranbyTroll said:

Any further details on it?  I didn't mind the guy.  As a character he's a bit more fun to listen to than many MANY other wrestling podcasts.

Two days is more than enough and in truth they would be better served going 45 minutes or less. I wish they would just deliver the wrestling news, results and on air interviews. Too much self opinionating and non wrestling bullcrap.  

Edited by wpialchamp
spelling

On 6/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, nhs67 said:

Any further details on it?  I didn't mind the guy.  As a character he's a bit more fun to listen to than many MANY other wrestling podcasts.

I listened to the episodes this week, and didn't hear any mention of Ollie. I also didn't mind him. Since Willie left, the in-person crew more or less have been waiting from CP to call on them then mostly agreeing with CP. Askren often disagrees with or prods CP, but has a little bit of a delay because he calls in. Sometimes when he tries to interject or push back against something another person on the panel has said, Ben gets cut off or cuts off someone else making a point. 

Ollie, in-person, would at least have more "hot takes" and interesting talking points than the rest of the crew. 

Two days a week for 45-60 minutes is plenty of wrestling talk for this time of year. Maybe do a mega show after the Olympics.