Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Roman Vlasov

One of my all time favorite wrestlers...probably not going to make the Russian team.  Lost in the semi's to HUN 1-1, then his comrade blasted the Hungarian in the finals.  Supposedly whoever placed best between those two was going to wrestle off the Russian that qualified the weight for the spot.  If holds, that would put Vlasov out.  That's tough.  Love that guy.

12 minutes ago, LJB said:

My favorite Greco guy bar none...

my kid is sick of me telling him to watch that monster’s matches...

Father Time still remains undefeated...

He basically put his life on the line getting through that ridiculous monster bracket in Rio.

i would like to point out that after losing in the semis, Vlasov actually wrestled in repechage and took home the bronze...

imagine that... actually wrestling in repechage...

2 olympic gold medals... 2 world gold medals and another silver...

still wrestles all of his matches...

respect...

Vlasov might as well have started all his bouts with his head bandaged because he was going to bang and battle and split his head open before the smoke cleared.  What a warrior.  How he maintained such excellence over such an extended period of time is truly awe-inspiring.  One man who has surely earned a rest and respected, peaceful retirement.

3 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Vlasov might as well have started all his bouts with his head bandaged because he was going to bang and battle and split his head open before the smoke cleared.  What a warrior.  How he maintained such excellence over such an extended period of time is truly awe-inspiring.  One man who has surely earned a rest and respected, peaceful retirement.

Karelin was his mentor.....knows something about excellence over an extended period of time....know something about how to lift a guy off the mat and drop him on his head....

22 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Don't think i ever watched him, can I get a recommendation 

Go through his journey to the Rio gold medal. 75 GR quite possible the deepest, most decorated bracket in the history of Olympic Wrestling. (Haven’t looked that up to prove it but it was serious deep). Vlasov won the 2012 Games, as well as the 2011 and 2015 Worlds. His bracket through ‘16 was about as warrior as you can get on a wrestling mat. 

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

man, Vlasov was awesome to watch. props to starting a thread on him. hadn't realized he didn't make the team.

If you wanna talk business I’d be more than happy to write up a piece.