Jimmy Cinnabon

Griffith staying at Stanford

Not a big surprise given the reversal of fortunes.

Penn State's "big transfers" this summer really blew up into a big fat zero.  Penn State will still have holes at 125 (due to Howard's injury), 157 (due to Berge's retirement) and 165 (Joe Lee) next season it seems.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

18 minutes ago, ionel said:

So is the "buzz" that Griffith couldn't transfer credits into PSU accurate? ;_;

PSU does not take Stanford credits. I read it somewhere in their handbook. 

BTW - isn't this old news since Koll said in his interview several weeks ago that he would not go unless the core of the team was going to stay? Or did I imagine that like the transfer requirements to a B10 school? 

Edited by Idaho

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

BTW - isn't this old news since Koll said in his interview several weeks ago that he would not go unless the core of the team was going to stay? Or did I imagine that like the transfer requirements to a B10 school? 

Coming from cinnabuzz its gotta be new info, he is always up early with the newest scoop.  ;_;

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Koll said it, but Griffith didn’t until yesterday.   Supposedly he was also considering UNC.

14 minutes ago, Gantry said:

He should have three - COVID cancellation year was his freshman year and last year doesn't count towards eligibility. 

I would assume Koll won't allow him to stay for 3 more years since that would make him a loser who needs to move on with his life.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I would assume Koll won't allow him to stay for 3 more years since that would make him a loser who needs to move on with his life.

He's allowed to change his stance on issues. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Not a big surprise given the reversal of fortunes.

Penn State's "big transfers" this summer really blew up into a big fat zero.  Penn State will still have holes at 125 (due to Howard's injury), 157 (due to Berge's retirement) and 165 (Joe Lee) next season it seems.

I am calling BS...no way PSU has a hole at 125

Edited by hammerlockthree

6 hours ago, AHamilton said:

That is a quick turnaround from a month or two ago!

He was just taking shots at Iowa. There is an interesting difference between Koll and those coaches he cant beat. He feels free to talk down about other programs and the coaches he cant beat never do.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, ugarte said:

i think he was specifically talking about the guys who got multiple medical redshirts and yeah, even more specifically kemerererer and probably micic.

So basically he was just expressing what many fans and posters  believe...you shouldn't get 6-7 years to wrestle. 

On 6/19/2021 at 12:58 PM, VakAttack said:

Koll is just a rules guy who wants everyone to adhere to his interpretation of the rules.  If not, the lawyers come.

this would be a more compelling argument if he didn't win that case. the brick from zaid's corner was bull**** and the matside officials screwed it up. in the end ball don't lie so you can stop complaining about this.

2 hours ago, ugarte said:

this would be a more compelling argument if he didn't win that case. the brick from zaid's corner was bull**** and the matside officials screwed it up. in the end ball don't lie so you can stop complaining about this.

Lol.  I supported him challenging it, actually.  But he (and you) are trying to have it both ways.  The rules allowed for him to do that, so he did.  The rules also allow for these guys to have the extra year and or years, and he's whining about it.  And he coached at Cornell, which doesn't allow for redshirts, but he found a way around that, too.

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol.  I supported him challenging it, actually.  But he (and you) are trying to have it both ways.  The rules allowed for him to do that, so he did.  The rules also allow for these guys to have the extra year and or years, and he's whining about it.  And he coached at Cornell, which doesn't allow for redshirts, but he found a way around that, too.

a comment that the rules may need a change is the only way to get change. he's not challenging kemerererererer's eligibility. it's salty, sure, but how big a deal is it?

On 6/19/2021 at 12:50 AM, ugarte said:

i think he was specifically talking about the guys who got multiple medical redshirts and yeah, even more specifically kemerererer and probably micic.

Kemerer didn’t have multiple medical redshirts and I don’t think Micic had any.