treep2000

Way too early predictions - June 2021 edition

Forums have been a bit boring lately, so let's have a chat about way too early predictions!

125 - Spencer Lee.  Assuming he can and will wrestle after the ACL situation.  Otherwise, Arujau is my pick.

133 - I assume Nicky pushups will be back, so picking Suriano.  If not Suriano, I think Fix breaks thru finally over RBY.

141 - Yianni if he goes this weight.  If not, it's Nick Lee's too lose.

149 - Yianni if he goes this weight, otherwise, picking Sasso to claim the title.

157 - David Carr, if he can hold the weight down.  If not, I feel the weight is wide open.

165 - Kharchla.  Calling my shot on this one with Carson.  The way he looked in those non collegiate matches against top talent, including Mekhi, was super impressive and translates well.

174 - Starocci with a slight edge over Shane Griffith, assuming he does go 174.

184 - Brooks.  I foresee the gap widening for him between him and the field 

197 - Amos.  Likeable guy, much moreso than Ferrari.  I think he'll be on a mission to knock him down a notch 

HWT - Gable and it's no longer a question mark.  If he doesn't wrestle for whatever reason, it'll be Parris and Kerkvliet battling it out and my hunch is that a truly healthy Kerkvliet will be tough to beat. 

125 - if Vito goes 125, he wins it

133 - RBY

141 - Yianni if he is here. Lachlan McNeal AAs as a true freshman   

149 - Yianni if he is here. Sasso wins it without Yianni

157 - Carr, but otherwise the other returning champ!

165 - Carr, if he isn’t here, Kharchla

174 - Griffith

184 - Trent Hidlay isn’t seeded #1, but takes out brooks in the finals. Big upset

197 - AJ, but I’m mad about it 

285 - Gable. Won’t be close. 

3 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Forums have been a bit boring lately, so let's have a chat about way too early predictions!

125 - Spencer Lee.  Assuming he can and will wrestle after the ACL situation.  Otherwise, Arujau is my pick.

133 - I assume Nicky pushups will be back, so picking Suriano.  If not Suriano, I think Fix breaks thru finally over RBY.

141 - Yianni if he goes this weight.  If not, it's Nick Lee's too lose.

149 - Yianni if he goes this weight, otherwise, picking Sasso to claim the title.

157 - David Carr, if he can hold the weight down.  If not, I feel the weight is wide open.

165 - Kharchla.  Calling my shot on this one with Carson.  The way he looked in those non collegiate matches against top talent, including Mekhi, was super impressive and translates well.

174 - Starocci with a slight edge over Shane Griffith, assuming he does go 174.

184 - Brooks.  I foresee the gap widening for him between him and the field 

197 - Amos.  Likeable guy, much moreso than Ferrari.  I think he'll be on a mission to knock him down a notch 

HWT - Gable and it's no longer a question mark.  If he doesn't wrestle for whatever reason, it'll be Parris and Kerkvliet battling it out and my hunch is that a truly healthy Kerkvliet will be tough to beat. 

I’m all about it Amos, but man something about his style makes me concerned he is going to be injured/beaten up during ncaas. Skill for skill he can win for sure

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think Schultz is better. Most heavys basically wrestle Greco basically and that's his thing. I think the score is closer next time at least but Schultz still wins.

22 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I still think Schultz is better. Most heavys basically wrestle Greco basically and that's his thing. I think the score is closer next time at least but Schultz still wins.

But the heavies who win go after legs. The last three are Snyder, Cassar and Steveson. Definitely not greco types.

He’s 30lbs heavier than the last time they wrestled, fitter, and will have a full season under him.

He also beat Mason Parris at OTTs.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But the heavies who win go after legs. The last three are Snyder, Cassar and Steveson. Definitely not greco types.

Gwiz who won the 2 before Snyder was also great at attacking low.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

He’s 30lbs heavier than the last time they wrestled, fitter, and will have a full season under him.

He also beat Mason Parris at OTTs.

Schultz was a runner up at the OTTs. Schultz will also get bigger and stronger too.