Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Stanford wrestlers still listed as being in the Transfer Portal

Yes 2021 NCAA champ Shane Griffith has announced he will be staying at Stanford.  But what is the status of the other Stanford wrestlers on the 2021 wrestling team?  According to WrestleStat these are the Stanford wrestlers who are STILL (as of this morning) still in the transfer portal (projected starters listed in BOLD print):

133 lbs - #48 ranked Jason Miranda - True SO

133 lbs - # 96 ranked Kyle Rowan - RS FR

133 lbs - # 106 ranked Logan Ashton - RS SO

141 lbs - # 8 ranked Real Woods - RS JR

149 lbs - # 15 ranked Jaden Abas - RS SO

149 lbs - # 149 ranked Dawson Siavong - RS SO

197 lbs - # 60 ranked Haydn Maley - RS SR

And of course this does not include last season's HWY starter for Stanford, i.e., Nathan Traxler (who was in the transfer portal earlier).  Traxler announced earlier this month that he is transferring to Virginia Tech

21 hours ago, Bronco said:

And of course this does not include last season's HWY starter for Stanford, i.e., Nathan Traxler (who was in the transfer portal earlier).  Traxler announced earlier this month that he is transferring to Virginia Tech

He wasn’t able to stay at Stanford, even with the old staff. It was an eligibility thing due to Stanford not having the available graduate program or something. 

25 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He wasn’t able to stay at Stanford, even with the old staff. It was an eligibility thing due to Stanford not having the available graduate program or something. 

I understand that..............but the point was Traxler is a net "loss" to the Stanford wrestling program. 

The only question at this point, as I see it, is who among the above listed Stanford wrestlers (who WrestleStat is listing as still in the Transfer Portal) will end up also being a net loss to the Stanford wrestling program.  I'm most interested in what Miranda, Woods and Abas decide to do in this regard.

55 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Wow.  Stanford doesn't have an available graduate program?  He must have esoteric interests!