grappler6

Minnesota Recruiting Class

43 minutes ago, WresFan89 said:

Like Gable, Lee, McKee, Sparks and Salazar.

I don’t see McKee as a old school Gopher style completely. His technique is too slick. Lee, Sparks and Salazar for sure are, Gable is pretty slick for a heavyweight but does have the move forward intense attitude.

"Old school" and "Finesse" are kind of subjective terms and can mean different things to different people.  What I have noticed in the coaching and recruiting is a preference towards the "short offense".  By "short offense" I mean lots of hand fighting, head snapping, shots from in close, front heads, drags, and re-shots.  This has really been noticable since after the 2015 class :(  and makes sense because Eggum and Becker both wrestled this way.  I would put Lee, Steveson, McKee, Gliva, Kattiger, Sparks, Salazar, Carlson, Blockhus, Bergeland, Nelson, Chittum, Spratley, Jamison, Tabor, Lyden, Roberts, and others in this category.

Edited by MNRodent

I’m pretty sure Chittums coaches in TN were “iowa” type guys because they were coached by Terry.

*Im not sure on that. If someone more knowledgeable knows please say so