BuckyBadger

Trans Weightlifter to be in Olympics

I say let it play out.  

Sometimes, the "masses" need the "proof" in order to make up their mind and to make the "most right" determination.  

So... Let's have transgender participants in all sports, both ways.  Let's have unisex sports.  Let's have Helen Maroulis entered into the 57kg bracket at the next Tourney, in a joint Men's and Women's and Trans Tourney, and let's see what happens. 

It seems as if the world needs to take a step back, get slapped in the face with reality, in order to move forward, so let's do it!  

I'd love to see Vito/Gilman/Maroulis mix it up... whatdya say?  

Now is as good a time as any to retire this thread.  Much of the discussion seems to not be in good faith and only serves to disparage people that are transgendered.

1 minute ago, 152lbs said:

Now is as good a time as any to retire this thread.  Much of the discussion seems to not be in good faith and only serves to disparage people that are transgendered.

What has been in bad faith specifically? 

Are you trying to say that stating things like “it’s not normal for a standard 43 year old woman athlete to walk into a sport and immediately be top 8 in world” are bad faith arguments. 

I would say that the people on this thread, including myself, have gone out of their way not to disparage transgender people but to focus on the topic of whether or not it’s proper for them to compete in female athletics and the implications of that.

Not a single person dissed on the lifter herself. Everyone has talked about her using her chosen gender. 

Most of the irritation has come from people pretending that there isn’t an advantage. 

One sport category.  Period.  Weightlifting.  Track.  Basketball.  Wrestling.  Bicycling.  Swimming.  No sub-categories.  The Title 9 Warriors are getting their "non-discrimination" come-uppance and I have zero pity.

They destroyed most men's sports opportunities in colleges in the name of "equality".  Now let them be hoisted on their own equality non-discrimination petard.  Serves them right.

Yes, individual girls/women are losing opportunities but this is no more tragic than all of the male athletes whose opportunities were lost to "progress" so a woman who never laid her hand on an oar was suddenly a D-1 Collegiate Rower.  It was crazy, absurd, and unfair then but when the victim of the absurdity was some man - probably white - it did not matter.  Now that the women themselves are the victims of the non-discrimination mafia the crying begins.  I cannot muster a tear for them.  So, Carry on Mr/Mrs Weightlifter.  Carry on.

One sport category.  Period.  Weightlifting.  Track.  Basketball.  Wrestling.  Bicycling.  Swimming.  No sub-categories.  The Title 9 Warriors are getting their "non-discrimination" come-uppance and I have zero pity.
They destroyed most men's sports opportunities in colleges in the name of "equality".  Now let them be hoisted on their own equality non-discrimination petard.  Serves them right.
Yes, individual girls/women are losing opportunities but this is no more tragic than all of the male athletes whose opportunities were lost to "progress" so a woman who never laid her hand on an oar was suddenly a D-1 Collegiate Rower.  It was crazy, absurd, and unfair then but when the victim of the absurdity was some man - probably white - it did not matter.  Now that the women themselves are the victims of the non-discrimination mafia the crying begins.  I cannot muster a tear for them.  So, Carry on Mr/Mrs Weightlifter.  Carry on.

This is one of the crazier things I’ve read here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk