Sign in to follow this  
klehner

How's this for Cornell's first dual of the season?

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He doesn’t need to have a dual meet there to try to snatch recruits though...

True enough. But Stanford is just back from cutting the team. Duals with top teams, whether Cornell or Iowa, make them look a bit more credible. Probably not a huge deal, but Cornell is doing Stanford a favor.

14 hours ago, NJDan said:

It immediately puts Stanford on Cornell's level. Good for Stanford. Maybe good for the sport. Bad for Cornell.

If Cornell spanks Stanford, as they most likely will, then it's best for Cornell, good for everyone and not a recruiting victory by Stanford in any imaginable way.

If Stanford hangs tough and keeps it close - then it's maaaybeeee a bit better for Stanford, I guess. Regardless, if Stanford were to get a bit of a boost just after their comeback to the world's oldest and greatest sport - then so be it. I like it.

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

He doesn’t need to have a dual meet there to try to snatch recruits though...

Exactly.  Yes, Koll is going to compete for recruits. This dual changes nothing … but it shows that they haven’t lost sight of the strong bonds and ‘love’ they, as people, have for each other.  

NJDan is showing how charismatic he is.  Maybe now he will get RB’s joke.  :(

On 6/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, NJDan said:

It immediately puts Stanford on Cornell's level. Good for Stanford. Maybe good for the sport. Bad for Cornell.

Wonder if it’s a home-and-home or a guarantee situation. (I’ve been pushing for more dates for single duals for years, as people know, so there can be a market for “guarantee” duals.

Holy hell, I agree with TBFJR. 

and seriously. Lining up and wrestling an actual match is good for sport. Considering Koll partially left because he won’t get his loophole anymore I’m pleasantly surprised they’re are wrestling 

1 hour ago, jp157 said:

Holy hell, I agree with TBFJR. 

Considering Koll partially left because he won’t get his loophole anymore I’m pleasantly surprised they’re are wrestling 

Urban myth.  The so called "loophole" had nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, red blades said:

Urban myth.  The so called "loophole" had nothing to do with it.

I heard several people I trust say it. Including a former college coach

20 hours ago, NJDan said:

True enough. But Stanford is just back from cutting the team. Duals with top teams, whether Cornell or Iowa, make them look a bit more credible. Probably not a huge deal, but Cornell is doing Stanford a favor.

They hired Rob Koll.  We knew they were going to be credible when reinstating the team.