Sign in to follow this  
HawkY

Team USA OLY Projections- GR Edition

Already a thread up for the FR style so how about some predictions for the other Olympic qualifiers at Tokyo.  

Hafizov (Bronze)-  A veteran who has been around has medaled at the asian championships. Stars align for a swan song. He is my stretch pick for breaking the  US medal drought.  Just keep him away Emelin Victor, or Kenichiro plz. 

Sancho (DNP)- Not much to say. 

Stefanowicz (DNP) -Interestingly enough he is Pennsylvania wrestling prodigy Chance Marsteller's brother. Has won Pan Ams against very weak fields with no Cuban opponents . Had a close final match in qualifiers, a bad sign. 

G Angelo (DNP)-  The safe  pick for a US medal.  Looks the most talented of the bunch. Had a dominant win at qualifiers. Only 23. Famously beat Aleksanyan, though Aleksanyan himself has been injury plagued and erratic this cycle. Problem is Hancock hasn't been walking away with all Golds in the recent smaller tourneys he has entered. Been one and done'd by the field at Worlds so far. Can he make it past the middling guys? What about Evloev?  I think the field catches him again. 

Share the sentiment about Hafizov but I think he's just long past his best days.  Great competitor who give an honest effort every time but, man, greco tends to beat the hell out of you over time.

Hancock could be a top 5 guy or one and done again.  Like Bey, getting tired of hearing about potential.  Get the damn job done already.

Overall, the team's performance in Rio was an embarrassment: did nothing in neutral, couldn't score on top, couldn't stop anything on bottom.  Very horribly prepared.  The coaching staff has had four years to make adjustments and improvements.  Time to put up.

yeah... not much to say but the obvious...

my heart pulls for both hafisov and stefanowitz, but, american greco is what it is...

coach nailed it with hancock...

i will be happy with just winning some matches...