jerseychas

Who's your pic for Best that Never Was last year?

First of all, any discussion about wrestlers who were highly touted but never made it tend to disappear pretty quickly, so I focus on big time disappointments of recent vintage.  Here’s my top 5:

Colin Moore:  Very good above average wrestler who had the misfortune of being around with Bo.  Also screwed by the covid cancellation, he might have had a chance last year at 197.

Hayden Hidlay:  undefeated as a frosh at NC.  Makes it to the finals and like Moore, runs up against a king like Nolf.  But he’s had two seasons since then and has never risen to his frosh standards.  One more shot, maybe he’ll come of the list.

Daton Fix:  Everybody’s hero during the regular season only to crash and burn at the Nationals.  Inexcusable that RBG rode him out for the entire 2nd period in the finals.  He’ll be back for his 6th, or is it 7th year.  Maybe he will learn to wrestle from the bottom.

Jaydin Eierman: One of the loudmouths talking himself up as King of the Mat.  Gets his BTN honorific story and loses to the skinny kid from Tucson.  Another one with a 6th, or is it 7th shot at it.  He’s already getting grey in his beard.

And the King of Kings – Da Bull:  Wrestling’s perennial hero-cum-goat.  Didn’t even make it out of the quarters, for the second year.  Iowa’s Prince of Wales with multiple BTN Bioptics saying he’s the second coming of Dan Gable.  The only similarity between Gable and Da Bull is the skin head.

51 minutes ago, jerseychas said:

And the King of Kings – Da Bull:  Wrestling’s perennial hero-cum-goat.  Didn’t even make it out of the quarters, for the second year.  Iowa’s Prince of Wales with multiple BTN Bioptics saying he’s the second coming of Dan Gable.  The only similarity between Gable and Da Bull is the skin head.

Did you just make up a comparison to Dan Gable so you could argue against it?

5 hours ago, jerseychas said:

First of all, any discussion about wrestlers who were highly touted but never made it tend to disappear pretty quickly, so I focus on big time disappointments of recent vintage.  Here’s my top 5:

Colin Moore:  Very good above average wrestler who had the misfortune of being around with Bo.  Also screwed by the covid cancellation, he might have had a chance last year at 197.

Hayden Hidlay:  undefeated as a frosh at NC.  Makes it to the finals and like Moore, runs up against a king like Nolf.  But he’s had two seasons since then and has never risen to his frosh standards.  One more shot, maybe he’ll come of the list.

Daton Fix:  Everybody’s hero during the regular season only to crash and burn at the Nationals.  Inexcusable that RBG rode him out for the entire 2nd period in the finals.  He’ll be back for his 6th, or is it 7th year.  Maybe he will learn to wrestle from the bottom.

Jaydin Eierman: One of the loudmouths talking himself up as King of the Mat.  Gets his BTN honorific story and loses to the skinny kid from Tucson.  Another one with a 6th, or is it 7th shot at it.  He’s already getting grey in his beard.

Who did Eirmann lose to from Tucson? 

8 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

What's wrong with a loser repeatedly starting threads just to make everyone mad? 

I think Vak is just looking out for Jimmy Cinnabons (or whatever is name is). Can't have too many losers starting dumb threads and Jimmy was here first. 

15 hours ago, jerseychas said:

bumper-stickers-mad-on-the-internet_gran

16 hours ago, jerseychas said:

What are your credentials?

16 hours ago, jerseychas said:

Kolin Moore was not a highly touted recruit coming out of high school btw.  While he performed below expectations his second year (losing twice to Conell) he wrestled up to expectations each other year and showed marked improvement throughout his career.  While the shade is unwarranted in each of these cases it's particularly dickish as Moore was robbed of his opportunity of finally fulfilling his potential and winning a title by Covid (I know nothing is a sure thing).  I will echo the question above: What are your accomplishments that allow you to consider a bunch of multiple time All Americans a "Never Was"?

18 hours ago, jerseychas said:

Daton Fix:  Everybody’s hero during the regular season only to crash and burn at the Nationals.  Inexcusable that RBG rode him out for the entire 2nd period in the finals. 

I wholeheartedly agree! I am not a good wrestler but I am positive that I could earn an escape point against Justice Ginsberg, especially now that she is dead.

58 minutes ago, SignificantACCBias said:

I wholeheartedly agree! I am not a good wrestler but I am positive that I could earn an escape point against Justice Ginsberg, especially now that she is dead.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to be ridden by RBG. Yuck.

23 hours ago, jerseychas said:

Nick Lee (not RBY) beat Eierman.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:56 PM, jerseychas said:

Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?