1 hour ago, Coach_J said:

You put ketchup on a dog in Detroit you in for a ass-whuppin'!  Lafayette is THE place for an authentic Detroit Coney: steamed bun, natural casing dog, chopped raw onion, meat chili (no beans), and MUSTARD.  Was the staple of assembly line workers back in the 1920s and has kept going strong to this day.  Watch out going to the bathroom in the Lafayette--you have to walk down a very narrow stairway into the basement; I am 5'7" and find it tough to squeeze down the stairs.  Ask if a guy named Qassim is working--he will do magic tricks with toothpicks that are especially amusing after you've had about 8 IPAs at the Grand Trunk.  When you go to pay, the waiter will look at the money you hold out and say, "Yeah, that's enough" and take an amount that is pretty close to what the menu says the price should be.

I’m getting to like coach j more and more every day. Thanks for your insight. Not hat I ever disliked him. But yea ? Hope to see you in the motor city 

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Booked my airbnb in Midtown and would be down for any TheMat gathering which Coach_J sets up.  I'll be the ugly guy with the bad haircut...

You think that's going to narrow it down in a crowd of wrestlers?

You may as well say "I'll be the 5'7 guy with bad hips in the slightly too-tight t-shirt"

On 7/7/2021 at 2:52 PM, dman115 said:

There are only two kinds of people in this world I can't tolerate...those who don't tolerate other peoples cultures, and the Dutch!!

The Dutch ARE a bit full of themselves....also the tallest white people in the world.

By the way....try the Island of Bonaire for snorkeling/scuba sometime...pretty awesome...and Dutch!

On 7/18/2021 at 8:56 PM, southend said:

I’m all in. Aside. I’m going to cruise up to St Clair in a couple of weeks ,for off shore power boat racing. I’m liking Michigan more and more. 

Ok I’m here. 75 degrees at 1 pm. Umbrella up blocking the sun watching the offshore power boat racing, burning up. Then 15 minutes later I’m looking for my jacket! North wind overcast with a slight drizzle! Then 30 minutes later, races still going on, I’m back to getting some shade? What is it around here, if you don’t like the weather, stick around it will change?

On 8/1/2021 at 9:34 PM, southend said:

Ok I’m here. 75 degrees at 1 pm. Umbrella up blocking the sun watching the offshore power boat racing, burning up. Then 15 minutes later I’m looking for my jacket! North wind overcast with a slight drizzle! Then 30 minutes later, races still going on, I’m back to getting some shade? What is it around here, if you don’t like the weather, stick around it will change?

July weather was very........odd!  Multiple floods due to a ridiculous amount of rain.  Definitely a running joke that being a weatherman in Michigan is about the easiest job possible.  If you can predict it 1 out of 5, you are a Unicorn!