Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Please don't have Mal break down matches with athletes

I'm really not enjoying this post but please stop having mike mal break down matches with the athletes. 

Its just interruptions, fake laughing, and crowbarred in comments pertaining to nothing but his own knowledge.

Let the athletes do it themselves or have an unobtrusive host. I'm sure people like BTD and whatever else he does but in these segments he's pure sabotage. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... he is better than Spey...

Oh come on, Spey killed it last week when he filled in on FRL. He’s great covering the Dagestan and Caucuses regions and wrestlers.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:59 PM, hammerlockthree said:

I'm really not enjoying this post but please stop having mike mal break down matches with the athletes. 

Its just interruptions, fake laughing, and crowbarred in comments pertaining to nothing but his own knowledge.

Let the athletes do it themselves or have an unobtrusive host. I'm sure people like BTD and whatever else he does but in these segments he's pure sabotage. 

The best way to have it stop is for viewership numbers to be poor.  Hammer can’t seem to help but watch them though.

14 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

OPs post is a perfect example of how people behave online vs in person. No need to call him out like this publicly. 

So...you are saying I should use my personal relationship with the guy? 

You can just say keyboard warrior or whatever and I'll say fair enough but I'm not sure what you mean.

16 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

OPs post is a perfect example of how people behave online vs in person. No need to call him out like this publicly. 

Considering the things I’ve heard about Mike Mal. And about his club..  From very reliable sources. As well as the opinions of some very high level coaches on his “expertise”. None of which have been actually brought up… 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him saying Mike Mal should talk less during breakdown videos with high level wrestlers. 

If the thread referenced things I alluded to in the first paragraph.. you’d have a point. As it stands, I don’t see a problem with it

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

So...you are saying I should use my personal relationship with the guy? 

You can just say keyboard warrior or whatever and I'll say fair enough but I'm not sure what you mean.

I think he’s saying you might just want to keep it to yourself?  But I’m quite sure you considered that.  I feel your pain.  

To be fair, earliest Mal breakdowns were actually really good at first. When that gig started, he was doing some quality stuff.

... but it's been quite a while since the quality of the content has been close to that initial effort. 

I'd say maybe an 'A' grade in early days, now I can't say - I stopped watching after it got to around a 'C' and never went back.

10 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

I think he’s saying you might just want to keep it to yourself?  But I’m quite sure you considered that.  I feel your pain.  

Well if that's the case I'll have to justify my rudeness on the ground that I am advocating against the stagnation and crappiness of our sports premiere website. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

I agree quite a bit.  The whole routine is like nails on a chalkboard.  I get that they believe that people like MMs attitude and over the top approach with everything being FILTHY NASTY DIRTY, but its really as OP said, a basic mechanical breakdown of a move with MM just inserting everywhere.  Something I would like to see is someone giving an athlete who is breaking down the match an easier avenue to get out their thoughts one what is going on and why from their own perspective..