Sign in to follow this  
uncle bernard

Flo Fargo Coverage?

Just tuned in to watch a few matches and my feed is cutting to ads every 10 minutes in the middle of matches. What in the world are they doing?

Editing to say I just went to try to watch the match that was interrupted and the archived video seems to be missing a 20 second chunk right in the middle where a 4 pt move apparently happened. 

Edited by uncle bernard

Gotta say, I cant recall a time content/programming was full on interrupted (as in you literally miss action - not a 'break') on espn, or any other network. 

Pretty absurd seeing as how you're losing out on content you pay for. Not really any way to justify the placement of the ads. 

21 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Gotta say, I cant recall a time content/programming was full on interrupted (as in you literally miss action - not a 'break') on espn, or any other network. 

Pretty absurd seeing as how you're losing out on content you pay for. Not really any way to justify the placement of the ads. 

Reminds me of the old youtube clips of 1990s ncaa finals on espn where the video starts with them returning from commercial in the middle of finals matches lol. 

It's pretty ridiculous and I hope they at least address it publicly.

51 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Reminds me of the old youtube clips of 1990s ncaa finals on espn where the video starts with them returning from commercial in the middle of finals matches lol. 

It's pretty ridiculous and I hope they at least address it publicly.

They won't address it publicly. 

FYI:  There is a whole Facbbook group when one can flog the dead "Flo Sucks" horse for hours and enegage with a thousand others happy to keep such alive any chance possible.

Edited by matts1w

3 minutes ago, iGranby said:

To be fair I think Flo does most of their stuff great, and can be worth the money but the advertisements interrupting live action is pretty inexcusable lol. Wouldnt consider that part of the horse thats long been dead. 

Not even comparable. 

what part of their work do you find 'great'?

is it the technical aspect of the  streaming  which is almost always having serious issues,or is it the 

camera workers who half of the time dont  care to follow the action and rest of the time never zoom in out of laziness,

or is it 'the producers' you find great ,who are obviously irresponsible and not up to the job.

I had Junior National FS and 16U on pretty much all day for 4 straight days and saw maybe 5 or 6 commercials the whole time.  They were mostly just once in the first 15 minutes or so after logging in.  A couple mats had a camera freeze once in awhile but not too often.

Edited by MNRodent

17 hours ago, simpson said:

what part of their work do you find 'great'?

is it the technical aspect of the  streaming  which is almost always having serious issues,or is it the 

camera workers who half of the time dont  care to follow the action and rest of the time never zoom in out of laziness,

or is it 'the producers' you find great ,who are obviously irresponsible and not up to the job.

Personally - never had issues with streaming aside from the two biggest issues they ever had - US open (forget what year that was, or maybe it was WTT), and PSU/OK St the one year. I wont speak for others, but again, Ive never had major issues aside from those. 

Liking people/staff from Flo is personal opinion, and my favorite one left (Bratke) - so I mean idk how to answer this lol. In fact, Id say there are far more of them that I dislike - which Ive mentioned on here several times. 

Youre not wrong about the camera work - that being said I have seen this issue with essentially every service ive ever streamed wrestling through, and more frequently elsewhere.

Their documentaries are great - you cant get better anywhere else in regard to the volume of what they have and the stories theyve covered. Their store of matches is also second to none, as well as the amount of live coverage they offer - again second to none. FRL is still also the best wrestling podcast out there imo, especially now that they got Nomad, and Ollie off of there.

I have my issues with them clearly, and I dont even currently hold a subscription - I miss it dearly. Simply couldnt afford it at the time my resub came up. Still think its great overall and worth it (if you can afford it)

Edited by iGranby

2 hours ago, iGranby said:

Personally - never had issues with streaming aside from the two biggest issues they ever had - US open (forget what year that was, or maybe it was WTT), and PSU/OK St the one year. I wont speak for others, but again, Ive never had major issues aside from those. 

Liking people/staff from Flo is personal opinion, and my favorite one left (Bratke) - so I mean idk how to answer this lol. In fact, Id say there are far more of them that I dislike - which Ive mentioned on here several times. 

Youre not wrong about the camera work - that being said I have seen this issue with essentially every service ive ever streamed wrestling through, and more frequently elsewhere.

Their documentaries are great - you cant get better anywhere else in regard to the volume of what they have and the stories theyve covered. Their store of matches is also second to none, as well as the amount of live coverage they offer - again second to none. FRL is still also the best wrestling podcast out there imo, especially now that they got Nomad, and Ollie off of there.

I have my issues with them clearly, and I dont even currently hold a subscription - I miss it dearly. Simply couldnt afford it at the time my resub came up. Still think its great overall and worth it (if you can afford it)

The documentaries used to be great...now they are half ass, they make docs without even interviewing the people involved like the penn state one. The James green was obviously pretty flawed, I don’t think they even interviewed manning 

the Flo podcasts arent even close to the best wrestling podcast...for years even when willie was still there they would spend 50 percent talking about absolute nothing, and since he’s been gone it’s usually 45 minutes of askren banging his chest and talking over people , hell even the alien hours started to drag, also they forget results all the time, and when people correct them on stuff they block them or say so what who cares. They might have had the best wrestling podcast 5-6 years ago but I promise you there a lot better out nowadays 

ugh...

you guys realize the tournaments have mom's and kids running the cameras at these events... strictly volunteers and not anyone's employees...

it has nothing to do with flo at all... flo just provides an avenue for them to stream...

flo is not running this tourney or any one of them outside of specific Flo events...

any monkey should be able to recognize the difference between an event flo is providing streaming for and one of their own events...

it won't stop the incessant whining, but, it should temper the more silly complaints...

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The documentaries used to be great...now they are half ass, they make docs without even interviewing the people involved like the penn state one. The James green was obviously pretty flawed, I don’t think they even interviewed manning 

the Flo podcasts arent even close to the best wrestling podcast...for years even when willie was still there they would spend 50 percent talking about absolute nothing, and since he’s been gone it’s usually 45 minutes of askren banging his chest and talking over people , hell even the alien hours started to drag, also they forget results all the time, and when people correct them on stuff they block them or say so what who cares. They might have had the best wrestling podcast 5-6 years ago but I promise you there a lot better out nowadays 

As far as the recent docs go - I cant speak to the James Green one, have yet to see it. The Penn State doc I thought was cool, but I do agree its a bit odd that you would do a doc on a team that allows you exactly zero access lol. 

In regard to the podcast, Im open to recommendations - I listen to quite a few and I still find Flo to be the best (again in my opinion). 

3 hours ago, SignificantACCBias said:

It seems like a lot of people have no clue how video production works at international sporting events.

maybe you should explain us how streaming video work at world  and continental championships,

e.g. in FINA,UWW,FIBA etc  events

8 minutes ago, simpson said:

maybe you should explain us how streaming video work at world  and continental championships,

e.g. in FINA,UWW,FIBA etc  events

it is not that difficult, but, i have little doubt it would not mean anything to you...

just stick with your FLO SUKS!!!!  and righteous indignation...