Sign in to follow this  
uncle bernard

Flo Fargo Coverage?

Stream of cadet worlds has been flawless...

fargo the last couple of days has been much improved as far as commercial timings and the stream was flawless...

like Vak said, my streams have traditionally been without any major issues... and I’ve been streaming since 4 pixel days in the early oughts...

if you have a major gripe wuth flo it should only be their lack of Greco knowledge and/or acknowledge...

past that, you only need to look in the mirror...

that's not true, LJB.

i don't know the reason but people experience different feed qualities.

on one hand, i (and, if you believe people on social media, many others) were getting ads right in the middle of wrestling including during fargo finals.

i often let my feelings be known on how i feel about flo, but you didn't hear a peep from my re: Fargo. there were some inconveniences but it wasn't that bad and i was halfway around the world and often on shaky wifi in a restaurant or hotel.

that being said there's been a long list of confirmed malfunctions on the company's end. and on the other hand, i've been watching flo streams where people are b!tching on twitter and yet i had flawless feeds.

this isn't to criticize flo. almost every streaming platform (even big boy companies) have issues from time to time.

i wouldn't write everyone off as 'lying' or the problem being on their end (although sometimes it is). 

(and again, this goes for ESPN, UFC, NBCSports, etc, etc. 

Edited by Husker_Du
clarity

come on willie...

when you still have people whining and blaming flo for camera operators, you know they don't have a clue as to what is going on...

average people just want to complain and blame others... how it's always been... always going to be...

streaming is barely in it's toddler years when you look at it objectively...

if anyone can't accept that issues arise sometimes and there is a metric fuk ton of variables that affects it in between flo offering a stream and it showing up on your end, then those people just can't be helped... won't ever be able to be help...

they are the kind of people that leave youtube comments...

i.e.- the absolute worst examples of humanity...

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

so you're using one item in one person's post to invalidate all complaints? 

streaming is hard. i get that. but ads playing in the middle of action is both controllable and inexcusable. 

i am using the endless anti-flo rants that had no absolutely no legitimacy that has been going on for years that at one time you would get on here and bash anyone for saying...

yes... the ads were bad... i even made a comment on them in a different flo suks thread...

you know what happened?

the next day they got considerably better...

fuk dude... i missed the first 30 seconds on my kids bronze medal match because of a fukn commercial... once they started the live feed the balance of the match had been decided... i was super annoyed, but, they started the damn matches before the time on the schedule by a couple of minutes, so, who is to blame?

i didn't come on here and whine like a b!tch because what good would that do?

i watched the rest of the match and then watched the replay without commercials 5 minutes after the match because flo made that available to me as an option...

even just a few years ago i would not have had any options to watch my kid compete at worlds...

so, all this whining and mewling needs to be tempered with a little bit of real life experience and acknowledgment of just how good this niche' sport has it right now...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

i am using the endless anti-flo rants that had no absolutely no legitimacy that has been going on for years that at one time you would get on here and bash anyone for saying...

yes... the ads were bad... i even made a comment on them in a different flo suks thread...

you know what happened?

the next day they got considerably better...

fuk dude... i missed the first 30 seconds on my kids bronze medal match because of a fukn commercial... once they started the live feed the balance of the match had been decided... i was super annoyed, but, they started the damn matches before the time on the schedule by a couple of minutes, so, who is to blame?

i didn't come on here and whine like a b!tch because what good would that do?

i watched the rest of the match and then watched the replay without commercials 5 minutes after the match because flo made that available to me as an option...

even just a few years ago i would not have had any options to watch my kid compete at worlds...

so, all this whining and mewling needs to be tempered with a little bit of real life experience and acknowledgment of just how good this niche' sport has it right now...

LJB playing that long game to get favorable flo coverage of his son. Very smart.

Just now, uncle bernard said:

LJB playing that long game to get favorable flo coverage of his son. Very smart.

he is greco...

he isn't getting any "coverage" favorable or not from flo...

but, as always...

nice try, sparky...

LJB - please

you were acting like people were complaining about things that didn't exist. and now you're saying the problems were real but that it does no good to talk about them.

and for the record - the take on 'mom's manning the cameras' is a really dumb one.

if a consumer pays for a product is he supposed to accept it b/c it was 'mom's mistake' ? 

wtf are you talking about?

Edited by Husker_Du

Just now, Plasmodium said:

Cadet worlds was available independent of Flo and there were no ads cutting into the action.  

send us the linc to all the pirated movies as well...

how about black market cigarrettes??????

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

LJB - please

you acting like people were complaining about things that didn't exist. and now you're saying the problems were real but that it does no good to talk about them.

and for the record - the take on 'mom's manning the cameras' is a really dumb one.

if a consumer pays for a product is he supposed to accept it b/c it was 'mom's mistake' ? 

wtf are you talking about?

willie back to being willie...

your tune was 180^ just a couple short years ago...

shocking...

i'm saying if you have a legitimate complaint then lodge it to who can actually make an impact and not come a damn bbs and to stomp your feet and whine like a little girl to no avail...

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you're bad at logic. those things aren't congruent. and Plas' example was very relevant 

you saying someone is bad at logic is yet another example of the type of irony that makes me cackle like a loon and keeps me coming back here...

the ads playing over action was inexcusable. I implore everyone, even if you didn't even watch Fargo, to click here and lodge a complaint about them. I would also like to use the platform to praise our production crew, especially our lead producer Troy, who busted his dang azz to stream an excellent product, which was unfortunately effed up by the ads, which our production crew has no control over. Troy kick ace imo, btw.

(eyeroll)

so your beef is not that there are problems but that people are posting their frustrations on themat.com

got it.

(eyeroll)

that is the take of someone with an axe to grind...

elementary at best... ignores all the other points made while just focusing on the small tid bit that relates to your agenda...

don't ever change, willie...

cackle all you want. this entire thread is dominated by your constant demonstrations of not being able to follow the ball. 

keep living your best life, willie...

I am. also read what you wrote again, brainiac. 

then read what I wrote - no axe to grind. i never complained once. i said 'it wasn't that bad'.

now read what Plas wrote - to which you made the asinine and unrelated comparison to black market cigarettes.

now read spey's - there was an error with the ads. 

but keep telling yourself that there was no issue. 

good luck on the whole 'logic' thing. keep working on it. do some puzzles or something. there are many games you can download on your phone to sharpen your skills.

Edited by Husker_Du

I am. also read what you wrote again, brainiac. 

then read what I wrote - no axe to grind. i never complained once. i said 'it wasn't that bad'.

now read spey's - there was an error with the ads. 

but keep telling yourself that there was no issue. 

take you own advice, sparky...

or not...

your act has been consistent since day one... the direction of your vitriol is the only thing that changes...

again...

keep living your best life...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

or not...

your act has been consistent since day one... the direction of your vitriol is the only thing that changes...

again...

nice. you've now devolved into pee-wee herman.

you're really having a breakdown here, aren't you?

Just now, Husker_Du said:

nice. you've now devolved into pee-wee herman.

you're really having a breakdown here, aren't you?

page 98 from "The Guide to Internet Parlor Tricks for Dummies"

keep living your best life, willie...

19 hours ago, LJB said:

or not...

again...

Nominating LJB for the board's Poet Laureate.

The tension between the understated all-lowercase style, meant to evoke a sense of coolness, and his line breaks which create pauses to let the weight of what he has to say build only to pull the rug from beneath us with his use of ellipsis, robbing us of the finality that we expect from the end of the line, symbolizing his own ever shifting, never static perspectives always crafted in opposition to whatever else is being said at the time to place him above us all as the true wit of the board. 

I see a lot of Dickinson and some William Carlos Williams, but that's speculation. Maybe the poet himself could shed some light?

Breathtaking.