Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Destin McCauley? Where is he?

Not "lucky." This is freestyle. If you choose to go over the back you are putting yourself in danger. He could have given the point and chose not to. And he got the result he got.

lucky pin.

7-0 at time of pin. Yup... real lucky.

I was just wondering what is up with him. I met him while he was hanging out with my nephew in his hotel room at the NCAAs a few years back. My nephew introduced him, "This is Destin..."

Destin was completely unassuming... completely polite... I didn't even know if he was a wrestler, let alone any good.

A month later he pinned Hunter.

I was very impressed with how relaxed and mature he seemed. He seems like a really good role model.

lucky pin.

Total Luck. If they hadn't called that pin, McCauley would have only won that round 6-0.

BTW, they could have called that earlier 3 pointer a pin also. He is one lucky kid to have got two exposures like that in one round against this years NCAA #1 seed and eventual 3rd placer!

lucky pin.

Total Luck. If they hadn't called that pin, McCauley would have only won that round 6-0.

BTW, they could have called that earlier 3 pointer a pin also. He is one lucky kid to have got two exposures like that in one round against this years NCAA runner up!

Runner up? You are funny :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were scoring that match with folkstyle rules, Hunter would have been winning, as the first exposure scored nothing in folk and Hunter came out on top in the scramble that resulted in a pin.

Now, I'm not saying that means anything, but a freestyle pin against someone who doesn't wrestle freestyle all that often doesn't mean much either.

Look at what happened to Ruth last year at the WTT, he looked terrible.

I think McCauley will be good, but I'll take Hunter over him in folk next year without a doubt.

Why do so many people act like there is no difference between freestyle and folk on this board? There has been numerous threads on the international board by very knowledgeable posters how the changes to the rules over the years have hurt the american folkstyle wrestlers, but over here a number of people think it's all the same and continue to post freestyle results to make some point about the how good the guy is (or will be) in college wrestling. It is really bizarre!? McCauley may turn out to be the real deal in college but let's wait to see how he does before talking about how great he is. Personally, I would take H. Stieber over him in folk. Proven record in college and probably a better mat wrestler.

Why do so many people act like there is no difference between freestyle and folk on this board? There has been numerous threads on the international board by very knowledgeable posters how the changes to the rules over the years have hurt the american folkstyle wrestlers, but over here a number of people think it's all the same and continue to post freestyle results to make some point about the how good the guy is (or will be) in college wrestling. It is really bizarre!? McCauley may turn out to be the real deal in college but let's wait to see how he does before talking about how great he is. Personally, I would take H. Stieber over him in folk. Proven record in college and probably a better mat wrestler.

Probably because the same guys who win NCAA titles end up making the freestyle world team. There's a very strong correlation.

I see your point, but aren't you pretty close to an example where there ended up being a strong correlation? Dake vs Taylor?