Sign in to follow this  
Stl

Missouri Wrestling Forum

Fellow Missouri wrestling fans, are any of you aware when/if the Missouri forum is coming back? I know it went down for a while because they were doing some sort of Rokfin integration, but it still isn't back up and it's been months. There's no contact info listed on the website so I thought someone here might know.

35 minutes ago, Stl said:

Fellow Missouri wrestling fans, are any of you aware when/if the Missouri forum is coming back? I know it went down for a while because they were doing some sort of Rokfin integration, but it still isn't back up and it's been months. There's no contact info listed on the website so I thought someone here might know.

No idea but I wish it would come back. Jonathan used to own/run the site. Not sure if he still does. Maybe, hopefully it’s up and running when the season starts. 

i think the owner b/c frustrated that he was working very hard to create content and maintain the site and yet had no revenue stream. iirc he even posted on the forum that he was contemplating several options of subscription of some sort and even selling the site.

i believe it is the same guy who now runs on rokfin. whatever the case,  i'm told that missouriwrestling on rokfin is doing well. 

We're going to see more and more of this as message boards internet-wide are dying off or stagnating for lack of newer, younger members.  Plus they tend to be run by one person who often doesn't have technical chops and has changing interests over the years and decades, which as a result means they tend to not keep up with the times and suffer from lack of moderation.

I love my forums but in general younger folks stick to platforms like social media, reddit, etc and don't have the same attachment to them as the 35+ crowd.  As someone who has run a (non wrestling) forum for nearly 20 years I can safely say the following - It's a pain to run them, you don't make money, the software is complicated and as a result tends to run outdated versions, you get dragged into moderating grown adults who can't get along, etc.  They are slowly but steadily going away one-by-one. 

Edited by Gantry

You also had a few uncle Rico's who wanted to relive their "glory days" and tried to dominate the forum.  They'd rag on anyone who didn't agree with their opinions.  A couple of the same guys are on this forum.

It kind of bums me out cause I put a lot of history stuff I compiled on there for people to read and posted it on the threads. (College all americans from Missouri and Missouri Schools from DI to NJCAA since the 50's) and other historical stuff like every Mizzou class and accolades of the recruits since like 2006. So that sucks. It seems to be lost to time. 

Edited by killdozer

1 hour ago, nom said:

I would love for that forum to be reborn with the hope that the poster MizzouGrad would migrate over there and stop with his frantic, bitter, alarmist and childish posts over here.  Kid needs therapy.

Mate, rent is due on August 1st. I'll send my venmo.