How come no one is talking about the cadet worlds

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

India wins men’s cadet freestyle! Amazing work

USA looked solid. 

final scores

India 147

USA 143

Russia 140

Are any of these cadets slated to be locks as future senior medalists?

I don't follow youth wrestling and in the one final I saw both competitors looked like they are  firmly in the developmental phase.  

1 hour ago, HawkY said:

Are any of these cadets slated to be locks as future senior medalists?

I don't follow youth wrestling and in the one final I saw both competitors looked like they are  firmly in the developmental phase.  

I would hope so. They are no more than 17.

Wow super close team scores. Great tournament.

Bassett would be a horrible practice partner ha. That kid just puts an intimidating pace on dudes. From the little time that match lasted you could tell that Russian was legit too. Bassett just overwhelmed him. Impressive. 

After the first day of our lady wrestlers competition, I was kind of worried, but after today with earning 3 bronze medals, and putting 3 more in the finals tomorrow, along with one going for Bronze this is shaping up to be quite a tourney for them. I hope our Greco kids can do as well as our Freestylers have done. 

6 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Why aren't the Japanese women at this tournament?  Is it because of the Olympics or do they traditionally not attend Cadets?  Our girls killed it today, btw. 

It's because of the Olympics and covid protocols.  They always attend cadets and destroy on the womens side.

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Katie Gomez put it on that Russian in the 53kg 1-2 match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched this match and man she was impressive. Super technical. Definitely a name to watch. 

Elor has been a name floating around for a while, so no surprise on her success as well.

6 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Why aren't the Japanese women at this tournament?  Is it because of the Olympics or do they traditionally not attend Cadets?  Our girls killed it today, btw. 

Some results since 2016 for the Japanese Cadet team because I don't want to go look through all of the scores:

2016: Champions in 8 out of 10 weight classes

2017: Champions in 7 out of 10 weight classes

2018: Champions in 6 out of 10 weight classes

2019: Champions in 6 out 10 weight classes

2020: (No Cadet World Championships held)

2021: Didn't send a team

Our young women are crushing people with pinning combos. Very impressed with Erica Pastoriza, Angelina Dill, etc.

Angie Dill goes to our club and she absolutely refuses to touch her opponents legs. Basically wrestled Greco for a freestyle World Bronze lol. She’s a little firecracker to say the least.