Sign in to follow this  
2td3nf

Meyer Shapiro

(Ok NJDan, I think this kid deserves his own thread.)

Just saw all of Shapiro's matches right now and need to (and will be glad to) watch them at least a second time to check out his technique again. First time I ever saw this kid wrestle. Wow, looks like he has quite an array of attacks and an elite gas tank on top of that.

Those were really fun matches to watch. Congrats to Meyer on winning World gold! 

1 minute ago, 2td3nf said:

Just saw all of Shapiro's matches right now and need to (and will be glad to) watch them at least a second time to check out his technique again. First time I ever saw this kid wrestle. Wow, looks like he has quite an array of attacks and an elite gas tank on top of that.

Those were really fun matches to watch. Congrats to Meyer on winning World gold! 

Oh, absolutely. I don't wanna call him the next Henry Wittenberg, but no other names come to mind.

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Oh, absolutely. I don't wanna call him the next Henry Wittenberg, but no other names come to mind.

Excuse my ignorance. I saw a list of great Jewish wrestlers that includes Ken Chertow, Scott Schatzman, Adam Mariano, David Hirsch, Adam Cohen, Cory Cooperman, Glen Goodman, 

Alan Fried, Duane Goldman, Eric Tannenbaum  and Damian Hahn (maybe). 

2 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Any word on where he is going to college?

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

Excuse my ignorance. I saw a list of great Jewish wrestlers that includes Ken Chertow, Scott Schatzman, Adam Mariano, David Hirsch, Adam Cohen, Cory Cooperman, Glen Goodman, 

Hahn.  Blatnick.  

On 7/20/2021 at 7:05 PM, NJDan said:

Lindsey Durlacher, NCAA 2nd place, World Bronze in Greco

On 7/22/2021 at 3:04 AM, drag it said:

The Schultzes' father was Jewish but as I understand it they themselves didn't practice in a religion.  

Mark reportedly converted to Mormonism in 1991 when he was an assistant at BYU...

https://mormonolympians.org/olympic_mormons/mark-schultz

...and Dave is reported to have said in a video that he was a Christian by faith.

https://www.celebsagewiki.com/dave-schultz-wrestler