VakAttack

Nick Suriano in the transfer portal

22 minutes ago, cpapbear said:

Is this a bad look for Rutgers? Their first national champion leaving the fold.

I think everyone kind of knows Nick and his dad do their own thing. 

Given that he also left the best program in history, I think Rutgers won’t suffer much. Obviously it would’ve been better for them if he stayed

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I think everyone kind of knows Nick and his dad do their own thing. 

Given that he also left the best program in history, I think Rutgers won’t suffer much. Obviously it would’ve been better for them if he stayed

When did he wrestle for Dan Gable and the Iowa Hawkeyes?

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

that makes sense, SHP. i always assume that if there is 'do not contact' that an athlete has made up their mind.

but i did learn this week that Max Dean, who was listed as 'dnc' hadn't talked to psu prior to that. 

You're the only (known) insider on the forums, Smalls, tell us what the tea leaves say, please?!?

Take a little break from the ruin bars and give us the scoop.

SIDE NOTE:  I love Budapest.

Edited by VakAttack

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

He has to graduate to do a second D1 transfer.

Oh, I am sure that ASU has some pretty gut grad schools he can be admitted to. Here is one: "The Master of Arts in education (literacy education) will equip you to be a literacy leader in any educational setting."  

I mean he's starting but ASU has some serious firepower coming back at 125 and 133.  They going to get an AA out of the lineup?   Maybe move McGee up to 141?  He started his career at 125 so not sure he has the size for that...

11 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I mean he's starting but ASU has some serious firepower coming back at 125 and 133.  They going to get an AA out of the lineup?   Maybe move McGee up to 141?  He started his career at 125 so not sure he has the size for that...

WrestleStat has Kyle Parco, who finished in 6th place at 149 lbs at the 2021 NCAA tournament, listed at 141 lbs.   Frankly I don't see how WS came up with him moving back down to 141 lbs.  I sincerely doubt that will occur.  I'm with you on this.  I think McGee moves up to 141 lbs - with Suriano at 133 lbs - and Parco at 149 lbs.  But we are all just ASSUMING that Suriano is headed to ASU and at this point that has not been established as a fact.

Could be quite the lineup for ASU next season IF that assumption turns out to be fact:

125 lbs - Brandon Courtney - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA runner-up at 125 lbs

133 lbs - Nick Suriano - RS Senior - 2019 NCAA champion at 133 lbs (for Rutgers)

141 lbs - Michael McGee - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 6th place at 133 lbs

149 lbs - Jesse Vasquez - RS Freshman

157 lbs - Jacori Teemer - RS Junior - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 157 lbs

165 lbs - Anthony Valencia - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 8th place at 165 lbs

174 lbs - Trey Munoz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA qualifier at 174 lbs

184 lbs - Cade Belshay - RS Senior

197 lbs - Kordell Norfleet - RS Senior - Three-time NCAA qualifier

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 285 lbs

Holy cow totally forgot about the Parco transfer, he did only wrestle 141 because he lost his wrestle off but given his success I agree he'll be at 149 if Suriano comes in. 

Man, ASU looks REAL good with that potential lineup. 

2 hours ago, Bronco said:

WrestleStat has Kyle Parco, who finished in 6th place at 149 lbs at the 2021 NCAA tournament, listed at 141 lbs.   Frankly I don't see how WS came up with him moving back down to 141 lbs.  I sincerely doubt that will occur.  I'm with you on this.  I think McGee moves up to 141 lbs - with Suriano at 133 lbs - and Parco at 149 lbs.  But we are all just ASSUMING that Suriano is headed to ASU and at this point that has not been established as a fact.

Could be quite the lineup for ASU next season IF that assumption turns out to be fact:

125 lbs - Brandon Courtney - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA runner-up at 125 lbs

133 lbs - Nick Suriano - RS Senior - 2019 NCAA champion at 133 lbs (for Rutgers)

141 lbs - Michael McGee - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 6th place at 133 lbs

149 lbs - Jesse Vasquez - RS Freshman

157 lbs - Jacori Teemer - RS Junior - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 157 lbs

165 lbs - Anthony Valencia - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 8th place at 165 lbs

174 lbs - Trey Munoz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA qualifier at 174 lbs

184 lbs - Cade Belshay - RS Senior

197 lbs - Kordell Norfleet - RS Senior - Three-time NCAA qualifier

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 285 lbs

Bump everyone up staring with Teemer and bump Belshay out. Let 141 to 157 settle it out on its own. 

15 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Mineo says don't count out Ohio State

He literally knows nothing. 

"Whats a high profile school that he could slot into that I can get some buzz from?" 

Aside form filling the slot well he doesnt exactly fit the culture at OSU in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, iGranby said:

He literally knows nothing. 

"Whats a high profile school that he could slot into that I can get some buzz from?" 

Aside form filling the slot well he doesnt exactly fit the culture at OSU in my opinion.

He does speculate a bit, but he's got some sources.  Honestly I think he does have some re: Suriano, or did in the past at least.

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He does speculate a bit, but he's got some sources.  Honestly I think he does have some re: Suriano, or did in the past at least.

Yeah no doubt - my point is vaguely posting "Dont count out OSU" isnt exactly some big splash thought. You dont exactly need an inside source to speculate that all the High profile schools go after him maybe outside of Iowa, and PSU - hes a national champion lol. 

Edited by iGranby

6 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Yeah no doubt - my point is vaguely posting "Dont count out OSU" isnt exactly some big splash thought. You dont exactly need an inside source to speculate that all the High profile schools go after him maybe outside of Iowa, and PSU - hes a national champion lol. 

Agreed