VakAttack

Nick Suriano in the transfer portal

39 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

So, you're basically telling us that you and your wife are educated individuals that have made the choice to not have your loved ones vaccinated?

Amazing.  You nailed it 100%.

As I always used to tell people who regurgitated (someone else's) statistics, That must say something about something.

50 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Anyone with a lick of common sense absolutely has to see a correlation between being a Trump supporter and being anti Covid vaccine, without any statistical "evidence".

An excellent book if you REALLY want to understand a lot of the stastical BS you're getting fed from wherever...."How Not to Be Wrong, the Power of Mathematical Thinking" by Jordan Ellenberg.

Ugh....so most Native American's are Trump supporters?  So most of the Japanese people in Japan are Trump supporters?  Clearly the Amish and Mennonites are Trump supporters too than?

I use to work with all PhD's...for 11 years...some of the dumbest smart people you will ever meet.

Then again I hope you are saying that about Trump supporters as tongue in cheek since you followed it up with a great recommendation for a read...totally puts things into perspective for people...especially those that sit and watch the local news and MSM outlets...makes me shake my head when they try and use made up "statistics" to regurgitate rhetoric...and A LOT of people (like my parents) eat it up and take it as gospel.  

11 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Ugh....so most Native American's are Trump supporters?  So most of the Japanese people in Japan are Trump supporters?  Clearly the Amish and Mennonites are Trump supporters too than?

I use to work with all PhD's...for 11 years...some of the dumbest smart people you will ever meet.

Then again I hope you are saying that about Trump supporters as tongue in cheek since you followed it up with a great recommendation for a read...totally puts things into perspective for people...especially those that sit and watch the local news and MSM outlets...makes me shake my head when they try and use made up "statistics" to regurgitate rhetoric...and A LOT of people (like my parents) eat it up and take it as gospel.  

Oops.  I should have qualified my statement to exclude Native Americans, Japanese, Aboriginal Australians, Martians, et al.

Stupid PhDs.  I've never heard that one before.  You did catch the part where I told our field of study (not Sociology, Philosophy, etc.)

If you enjoyed that book, you may also like "Toxic Sludge is Good for You", "Trust us, We're Experts", and others by the same author(s).  These should be required reading to vote.  Heck, an IQ above room temp should be required to vote (especially in 2016).

9 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Oops.  I should have qualified my statement to exclude Native Americans, Japanese, Aboriginal Australians, Martians, et al.

Stupid PhDs.  I've never heard that one before.  You did catch the part where I told our field of study (not Sociology, Philosophy, etc.)

If you enjoyed that book, you may also like "Toxic Sludge is Good for You", "Trust us, We're Experts", and others by the same author(s).  These should be required reading to vote.  Heck, an IQ above room temp should be required to vote (especially in 2016).

You can't call out unintelligent voting in 2016 without pointing out that we replaced him with a Geriatric, with visible dementia, and a Prostitute.  They were honestly the best the Democratic Party could come up with??? Those that voted him out were so ANGRY they ignored those facts and were just happy to get rid of him!

5 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Seems like a bit of an arrogant position.  I would vote against her in most any circumstance.  Depending on the room I am probably vote-eligible. 

Very few people love or respect Trump - but he does reflect (honestly or not) their love and respect for America.  The vote was against the Washington status quo.  Rejecting the current set of assclowns from both parties should probably be required to vote. 

Any survey that requires self-identification is useless - especially emanating from social media.  

19 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

You can't call out unintelligent voting in 2016 without pointing out that we replaced him with a Geriatric, with visible dementia, and a Prostitute.  They were honestly the best the Democratic Party could come up with??? Those that voted him out were so ANGRY they ignored those facts and were just happy to get rid of him!

Guilty as charged, you honor.  Heck, I'd have voted for the spawn of Charlie Manson if that were the other choice.

If we were both honest, we'd say the last 6 or so national elections have been the least of 2 evils.

Politics has become "Don't vote for the other guy, because...", rather than "Vote for me, because...".

Don't blame me, I voted for Ralph Nader 3 times and we know how that turned out.

31 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

LOL

Yeah...I worked with a lot of veterinarians and Science based PhD's, great people, very book smart and could sure understand scientific data and interpret it, but all other aspects of real life...WOW.  LOL

I have not heard of that book...will check it out.  As for voting...I am not sure there is any hope unless there is major campaign reform which includes what is put on TV.  As one of my best friends always says...you can't fix stupid.  And what A LOT of people vote on is pure stupidity because it is based on a totally slanted/false commercials or news channels. 

I struggle voting for someone just because someone is "nice" and isn't mean on twitter, but has terrible ideas for policy...versus someone who is "mean", but has the best interest of the country in mind.  I only voted for Trump once (for the reason MSU said above)....but NEVER for Killery or Biden...I would have voted for Biden if he could have put a coherent sentence together or articulate his stance on any policy other than "TRUMP BAD"!!

16 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Seems like a bit of an arrogant position.  I would vote against her in most any circumstance.  Depending on the room I am probably vote-eligible. 

Very few people love or respect Trump - but he does reflect (honestly or not) their love and respect for America.  The vote was against the Washington status quo.  Rejecting the current set of assclowns from both parties should probably be required to vote. 

Any survey that requires self-identification is useless - especially emanating from social media.  

I agree 99%.  I'm holding out on the "arrogant" part.

54 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

I agree 99%.  I'm holding out on the "arrogant" part.

Seemed like you were suggesting that to vote for the winner in 2016 showed ignorance.  Arrogance is the other side of the ignorance coin generally.  If not your intention I happily withdraw the aspersion. 

21 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Seemed like you were suggesting that to vote for the winner in 2016 showed ignorance.  Arrogance is the other side of the ignorance coin generally.  If not your intention I happily withdraw the aspersion. 

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge.
              Daniel J. Boorstin;  Author, Educator, US Congress Librarian

you can blame me for re-igniting this stupid conversation by asking if I thought it would be a factor in Suriano's decision. 

At this point I would put odds somewhere like this (based on absolutely nothing):

65% ASU

10% OSU

5% PSU

5% Nebraska

5% Illinois

5% Rider

5% Skip the season

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

you can blame me for re-igniting this stupid conversation by asking if I thought it would be a factor in Suriano's decision. 

At this point I would put odds somewhere like this (based on absolutely nothing):

65% ASU

10% OSU

5% PSU

5% Nebraska

5% Illinois

5% Rider

5% Skip the season

PSU isn’t actually in the running are they?

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

You can't call out unintelligent voting in 2016 without pointing out that we replaced him with a Geriatric, with visible dementia, and a Prostitute. 

We're all prostitutes - we just use different forms of currency (and some of us have no buyers).

2 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

No updates. But he is still training daily in AZ. 

Thanks for the update on his training situation.  If he wrestles for ASU, how do you think it will effect the dynamic in the room, as it will send either Courtney or McGee to the bench?

8 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Thanks for the update on his training situation.  If he wrestles for ASU, how do you think it will effect the dynamic in the room, as it will send either Courtney or McGee to the bench?

I was wondering whether the odd man out would join the transfer portal himself.  

35 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Is Suriano eligible to compete for Italy? I don’t know why but I think it would make me feel good for some reason that the ultimate Jersey guido would leave the USA and go to his roots

Or San Marino or Vatican City. 

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

65% ASU

10% OSU

5% PSU

5% Nebraska

5% Illinois

5% Rider

5% Skip the season

I'm going with Tom Ryan and the Buckeyes. Those cats were known for their tans and muscles. Maybe Nick wants to bring it back.

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

I'm going with Tom Ryan and the Buckeyes. Those cats were known for their tans and muscles. Maybe Nick wants to bring it back.

NATO, McKenna, Moore , Snyder, the Jordan’s...all pretty pale, I don’t think they could  get a tan if they wanted too...definitely have a strength and conditioning program up to surianos high standards though 

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Not from any legitimate source I've heard, but I also added in Rider and Skip the Season to make things interesting :)

Well considering he hasn't wrestled an NCAA match in 2 years, "skip the season" is probably higher than 5%... If I were to make odds also based on absolutely nothing, I'd say:

ASU 61%

Skip the season 20%

tOSU 15%

PSU 1% (I know this contradicts my earlier post but I feel like you can't ever really count Cael out)

Other 3%