VakAttack

Nick Suriano in the transfer portal

1 hour ago, iGranby said:

He literally knows nothing. 

"Whats a high profile school that he could slot into that I can get some buzz from?" 

Aside form filling the slot well he doesnt exactly fit the culture at OSU in my opinion.

I’m 99 percent sure that mineo knows the suriano family, he was saying nick was leaving penn state when the Flo guys and everyone else  were saying that’s not going to happen 

I doubt he goes to Ohio state bc they pretty much just axed Freestyle from their priority list but if nick wanted to go there nothing would stop Tom Ryan from providing the resources to get him in , especially after last season being disappointing as a whole for the team, I don’t think for a second Ryan would be thinking about “culture” when a ncaa champ is knocking on the door 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m 99 percent sure that mineo knows the suriano family, he was saying nick was leaving penn state when the Flo guys and everyone else  were saying that’s not going to happen 

I doubt he goes to Ohio state bc they pretty much just axed Freestyle from their priority list but if nick wanted to go there nothing would stop Tom Ryan from providing the resources to get him in , especially after last season being disappointing as a whole for the team, I don’t think for a second Ryan would be thinking about “culture” when a ncaa champ is knocking on the door 

Gotcha - if thats the case then yeah why not. I agree, at the end of the day the coaches are there to try to win - and why not try to get an NCAA champ added to your squad? I alluded to that in a later post but didnt specify OSU I suppose.

Would being a two-time transfer and a meathead hurt his chances of admission anywhere? Or does no one care? 

Also, if he must be in grad school, as someone said, do they give athletic scholarships to grad students?

I’m not a big fan because of his antics but he doesn’t seem to be a big partier nor does he commit crimes.  He would fine at TOSU.  Plus he could roll with Stieber.  It might be a very good spot for him.

15 minutes ago, Sstern said:

I’m not a big fan because of his antics but he doesn’t seem to be a big partier nor does he commit crimes.  He would fine at TOSU.  Plus he could roll with Stieber.  It might be a very good spot for him.

Also: The first guy to wrestle for three Big 10 schools, including one of the nonsense ones.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Would being a two-time transfer and a meathead hurt his chances of admission anywhere? Or does no one care? 

Also, if he must be in grad school, as someone said, do they give athletic scholarships to grad students?

Head Coach: We need someone at 133. Who is in the portal?
Assistant Coach: Oh, here is a guy who might be able to fill in.
HC: Oh yeah? What are his credentials?
  AC: Well, let's see. It says here he is a former Big Ten champ.
HC: That sounds pretty good.
  AC: Wait. There is more. He also won an NCAA title at 133 and took gold at the Delglane and silver at the Pellicone this year.
HC: Are kidding me? How soon can we get this kid on campus?
  AC: Hold on there a second, Coach. I haven't told you the worst part. He has already transferred once and... I am going to need you to sit down for this next part.
{HC shrugs and sits}
  AC: It seems he is also a meathead.
{After a delay for Assistant Coach to administer CPR to Head Coach}
HC: You scoundrel, you have given me the vapors. This is college athletics. This is the province of gentlemen. Meatheads need not apply. At least we can be safe in the knowledge that none of our equally high-minded competitors will seek an advantage by stooping so low as to this. Now is it time for tea yet?

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

tOSU...ASU...Stanford...PSU....and last but not least...Little Rock. 

Why not Iowa, too? He is a clear upgrade over DeSanto. The only downside would be what it does to team chemistry. But it would also be a measure of whether team chemistry is even a thing in an aggregated individual sport.

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Why not Iowa, too? He is a clear upgrade over DeSanto. The only downside would be what it does to team chemistry. But it would also be a measure of whether team chemistry is even a thing in an aggregated individual sport.

tOSU....ASU...Stanford...PSU..Little Rock...Iowa 

27 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Any word on the rationale for his transfer?  That would help us deduce where he might be inclined to go next.  Of course we could just wait for the news, but that's not as fun.  

Several people have said why. Doesn't take a genius to figure out where is the front runner.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, Bronco said:

WrestleStat has Kyle Parco, who finished in 6th place at 149 lbs at the 2021 NCAA tournament, listed at 141 lbs.   Frankly I don't see how WS came up with him moving back down to 141 lbs.  I sincerely doubt that will occur.  I'm with you on this.  I think McGee moves up to 141 lbs - with Suriano at 133 lbs - and Parco at 149 lbs.  But we are all just ASSUMING that Suriano is headed to ASU and at this point that has not been established as a fact.

Could be quite the lineup for ASU next season IF that assumption turns out to be fact:

125 lbs - Brandon Courtney - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA runner-up at 125 lbs

133 lbs - Nick Suriano - RS Senior - 2019 NCAA champion at 133 lbs (for Rutgers)

141 lbs - Michael McGee - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 6th place at 133 lbs

149 lbs - Jesse Vasquez - RS Freshman

157 lbs - Jacori Teemer - RS Junior - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 157 lbs

165 lbs - Anthony Valencia - RS Senior - 2021 NCAA 8th place at 165 lbs

174 lbs - Trey Munoz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA qualifier at 174 lbs

184 lbs - Cade Belshay - RS Senior

197 lbs - Kordell Norfleet - RS Senior - Three-time NCAA qualifier

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz - RS Sophomore - 2021 NCAA 4th place at 285 lbs

is it confirmed that Valencia is coming back?  

But that is a really good lineup.  I would assume Parco goes 149 as your beginning part states.  Vazquez still has a redshirt right?  I would assume he uses it as he lost to 2 backups last year.

15 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

This is not titillating at all.  Unless he cuts weight and goes back to PSU.  That would be interesting.  We'd see who likes politicians then! 

If that happened they’d have to bring back the rule to make him sit out for transferring within the B1G

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

is it confirmed that Valencia is coming back?  

But that is a really good lineup.  I would assume Parco goes 149 as your beginning part states.  Vazquez still has a redshirt right?  I would assume he uses it as he lost to 2 backups last year.

Yes Valencia is coming back. 

Vasquez is supposedly looking amazing in the room. It makes sense given his background. He isn’t beating Parco but he is very good. 

ASU has some lineup options. I bet it works itself out as the year goes on. They basically will have 1-2 extra qualifier/potential AA guys on the bench, but in a sport do injury riddled that is necessary 

8 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

If that happened they’d have to bring back the rule to make him sit out for transferring within the B1G

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

?? That rule doesn't apply to him! 

He ll be transferring as a grad transfer this time so even if he decided to go back to PSU I don’t think the transfer rules apply in his situation 

53 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He ll be transferring as a grad transfer this time so even if he decided to go back to PSU I don’t think the transfer rules apply in his situation 

It didn't apply to him as undergrad either!

8 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Well that’s because cael granted him a release, I’m pretty sure they could have atleast muddied the waters of his eligibility if they had denied him then 

He didn’t grant the release initially though, right?