VakAttack

Nick Suriano in the transfer portal

On 7/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, NJDan said:

Would being a two-time transfer and a meathead hurt his chances of admission anywhere? Or does no one care? 

As far as wrestling goes, being a meathead probably not as bad as eating at Meatheads unless of course you are a HWT then eating at Meatheads and being a meatheat are both ok. 

On 7/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, TripNSweep said:

Several people have said why. Doesn't take a genius to figure out where is the front runner.

I re-read the thread again but couldn't find anyone saying why he wants to leave.  I guess I must be a dolt.  Can you please point me in the direction of the information or kindly paraphrase? 

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I re-read the thread again but couldn't find anyone saying why he wants to leave.  I guess I must be a dolt.  Can you please point me in the direction of the information or kindly paraphrase? 

I'll give you my opinion. To him at this point winning an NCAA championship isn't that important. He won one already. He beat some good guys to win it. He's looking at where he can get himself to the next level with coaching and maybe not having to deal with the hometown crowd. He won in Nice, took a silver at the Pellicone and has access to top coaching and training partners in AZ. I can't say how or why, but add it all up and if he doesn't end up at ASU I'd be surprised.

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

On 7/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, Housebuye said:

I think ASU is extremely likely. Nick wants to train with Perry. It only makes sense

On 7/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, Housebuye said:

Plus the mma pipeline from ASU. He can train mma while he is there too

Housebye seemed to be the main one offering up rationale.

However, Mineo now saying in his fb thing that ASU is not the frontrunner and seems to be adding more “rumblings” about tOSU.  Some other dude claiming there was an issue with Suriano/ASU because of the positive covid test, but who knows.

I don’t care where he goes, just wanna see him at 125 next year.  But of course getting past Vito not gonna be easy to get his rematch with Lee.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

However, Mineo now saying in his fb thing that ASU is not the frontrunner and seems to be adding more “rumblings” about tOSU.  Some other dude claiming there was an issue with Suriano/ASU because of the positive covid test, but who knows.

I don’t care where he goes, just wanna see him at 125 next year.  But of course getting past Vito not gonna be easy to get his rematch with Lee.

I would guess you will see Vito at 133

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Lee has a tendency to not be the 1 seed (and Suriano won't be 125 anyways).

On 7/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, flyingcement said:

Didn't his dad yell at the RTC coaches when Humphrey had Tomasello in to train?  I thought that was the beginning of the split with Rutgers.   

On 7/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, lu1979 said:

I would guess you will see Vito at 133

True, forgot about that

On 7/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, Fletcher said:

Lee will be the 1 seed next year unless he loses...

If he chooses The Bucks:

125: Malik Heinselman

133: Nick Suriano

141: Anthony Echemendia or Dylan D’Emilio

149: Sammy Sasso

157: Paddy Gallagher 

165: Carson Karchla

174: Ethan Smith

184: Kaleb Romero

197: Rocky Jordan or Gavin Hoffman

HWY: Tate Orndorff

Edited by Aviator12

On 7/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, VakAttack said:

You're the only (known) insider on the forums, Smalls, tell us what the tea leaves say, please?!?

Take a little break from the ruin bars and give us the scoop.

SIDE NOTE:  I love Budapest.

The tea leaves beg that Teasdale don't smoke them.

15 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

Didn't his dad yell at the RTC coaches when Humphrey had Tomasello in to train?  I thought that was the beginning of the split with Rutgers.   

I didn't know about that.  I have heard that Bob Suriano seems to be a strong personality.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, Fletcher said:

His recent tendency is to be the #1 seed.  He would have been the 1 seed in 2020 and he was the 1 seed in 2021.  You need to quit referring back to his frosh and soph years.

19 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Lee will be the 1 seed next year unless he loses...

Yeah.....that's how it works; losses are an important seeding criteria.

Edited by Fletcher

19 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

Isn't Nick in college and an adult?  Its sad when parents won't let their kids grow up.  :(

7 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Who knows? I wouldn't have guessed he'd lose to Seabass or Picc either. That's why they wrestle the match.

As a sophomore with a “mysterious illness.”   Not really relevant to the prior 2 seasons.