VakAttack

Nick Suriano in the transfer portal

13 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

If Suriano goes to ASU or not. ASU will have the same problem in 2022 when Figs joins the lineup. Settle it this year with Suriano and have no issues coming into 2022. Sounds like a great plan. 

Just to clarify it is expected that Figs will RS in the 2022 season.  The conflict will be in the 2023 season with Courtney having a year left and Figs being a RS Freshman. I am a little surprised that most of the ASU fans seem to think it is a given that Courtney will move up or get beat out by the incoming superstar.  I have watched a lot of Richie Figs matches and have been duly impressed - but Courtney is a seasoned D1 competitor who just finished 2nd at NCAAs.  I would not bet on Figueroa beating him out for the spot if he chooses to stay ay 125. As good as Richie is it is still s huge step up going from HS to D1 college. 

Ohio State makes no sense from a freestyle or MMA perspective. Tom Ryan and Logan Steiber are not going to get Suriano to anywhere he wants to be in his career in either sport unless they want to pay him to be a player-coach and he can teach the time how to get out on bottom and pick up riding time.

The only, and I do mean only, reason to join tOSU would be the marketing dept. in regards to maximizing NIL $ today where Ohio State is (most likely) going to be in the top 5 of gross athlete earnings and will throw significant resources into supporting athlete success in that arena. But is the quick win worth the long-term loss? Because if he doesn't win another NCAA title, he doesn't make a world team, and he stunts his [assumed] transition to MMA then what exactly is he getting out of moving to Columbus? It sure isn't long-term money.

35 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Ohio State makes no sense from a freestyle or MMA perspective. Tom Ryan and Logan Steiber are not going to get Suriano to anywhere he wants to be in his career in either sport unless they want to pay him to be a player-coach and he can teach the time how to get out on bottom and pick up riding time.

The only, and I do mean only, reason to join tOSU would be the marketing dept. in regards to maximizing NIL $ today where Ohio State is (most likely) going to be in the top 5 of gross athlete earnings and will throw significant resources into supporting athlete success in that arena. But is the quick win worth the long-term loss? Because if he doesn't win another NCAA title, he doesn't make a world team, and he stunts his [assumed] transition to MMA then what exactly is he getting out of moving to Columbus? It sure isn't long-term money.

Why can’t Tom Ryan and Logan Steiber get him there?  

Edited by AnklePicker

13 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Well, from what I hear, Logan isn't exactly a great coach. Don't bite my head off, but that is just what I have heard. When people were throwing his name out there to take over programs like Maryland, etc, I was always surprised that people don't realize that he has the personality of a dead moth, and I do not see him as someone that can deal with administrative duties and recruiting very well. 

2 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

What about Tom Ryan and Logan Steiber screams "I'm going to make you a freestyle world champion?"

Suriano already knows how to ride so he doesn't need Steiber. Suriano knows how to get out from bottom so he's already light years better than Ryan. Suriano needs to be going shirtless year-round so he doesn't need Ohio.

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

What about Tom Ryan and Logan Steiber screams "I'm going to make you a freestyle world champion?"

Suriano already knows how to ride so he doesn't need Steiber. Suriano knows how to get out from bottom so he's already light years better than Ryan. Suriano needs to be going shirtless year-round so he doesn't need Ohio.

pretty sure this is where he's headed:

041ed2a337658d84e402e6810b66d18b.jpg

22 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Here's a shot in the dark....maybe because one of them was a former freestyle World Champion? And at roughly same weight?

Edited by DocBZ

45 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Here's a shot in the dark....maybe because one of them was a former freestyle World Champion? And at roughly same weight?

World champion at a non-olympic weight in an olympic year when athletes who qualified for the olympics were ineligible, after Stieber performed less-than-stellar at OTT at his preferred weight. So count that as another Stieber asterisk. And please know that I am not saying this to denigrate Stieber, I am just pointing out what seems to be best for Suriano.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Imagine how good he'll look when shirtless with a pinkie ring, nice gold chain AND that world famous tOSU tan!

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

World champion at a non-olympic weight in an olympic year when athletes who qualified for the olympics were ineligible, after Stieber performed less-than-stellar at OTT at his preferred weight. So count that as another Stieber asterisk. And please know that I am not saying this to denigrate Stieber, I am just pointing out what seems to be best for Suriano.

So your saying what seems to be best for Suriano is to not train and be coached by a former world champion. What else is best for Suriano? 

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

whats your explanation for Seabass beating Lee x2?

Lee was less than 100% throughout the year but improving, and Rivera is very good.  Too good for a less than 100% Lee to beat.  Lee also lost to Picc, who he dominated in every other match up they had.  And obviously the year culminated with Lee winning the bracket in relatively easy fashion.

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

IMO......... you have NO clue as to what is best for Suriano. And I am not saying this to denigrate you.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lee was less than 100% throughout the year but improving, and Rivera is very good.  Too good for a less than 100% Lee to beat.  Lee also lost to Picc, who he dominated in every other match up they had.  And obviously the year culminated with Lee winning the bracket in relatively easy fashion.

^ This

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is Lee going to be less than 100% this year?

17 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lee lost because Rivera was the better wrestler. It's that simple.

Lee also doesn't appreciate you making excuses for him. He has opinions on those type of things.....

Edited by Fletcher

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Is Lee going to be less than 100% this year?

I expect he will be, but that the likely composition of the weight will leave him with few legitimate challenges outside of Patrick Glory and maybe Vito Arujau (if he wrestles there).  Of course, Lee's injuries may encourage people to suddenly "Vision Quest" themselves to 125.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I expect he will be, but that the likely composition of the weight will leave him with few legitimate challenges outside of Patrick Glory and maybe Vito Arujau (if he wrestles there).  Of course, Lee's injuries may encourage people to suddenly "Vision Quest" themselves to 125.

Did he get any surgical repairs done?

4 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

Well, from what I hear, Logan isn't exactly a great coach. Don't bite my head off, but that is just what I have heard. When people were throwing his name out there to take over programs like Maryland, etc, I was always surprised that people don't realize that he has the personality of a dead moth, and I do not see him as someone that can deal with administrative duties and recruiting very well. 

Not a good coach in what way?  I have heard that he's a great practice coach and is very good working 1-on-1 with guys.  

If you mean as a candidate to lead a program, then sure I would agree.  Don't think he's particularly suited for that sort of role.  Perhaps eventually he'll get there, but not yet anyway.  

Snyder won 3 while still in college, but yeah Lou Roselli.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk