Crash

Simone Biles = Zain Retherford

BS.  Biles has won four Olympics golds.  Bar none has proven herself the best in the world at what she does.  No comparison whatsoever.  Calling her a coward or even hinting at calling her a coward is, well, cowardly.

And Zain won his position fair and square.  Some may  trash his results, absolutely their right, but he put himself in position through fairly following the system/process in place.

In an earlier interview she talked about her growing hesitancy and over-thinking the possible things that could go wrong. She said when she was young she just went for it. So in a way she lost her confidence and nerve. Can you blame her? Look what she does in the air! She deserves to be cautious now - she has grown up. 

6 hours ago, Coach_J said:

BS.  Biles has won four Olympics golds.  Bar none has proven herself the best in the world at what she does.  No comparison whatsoever.  Calling her a coward or even hinting at calling her a coward is, well, cowardly.

And Zain won his position fair and square.  Some may  trash his results, absolutely their right, but he put himself in position through fairly following the system/process in place.

6 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

What a terrible thread....two tremendous athletes getting "ragged" on.

This is just Crash being Crash. He has one topic and one topic only. His hatred of Retherford is pathological at this point.

6 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Ben Askren and Christian Pyles taking the opportunity to act like they are better than Simone Biles on FRL right now. 

Not sure I have the stomach to listen to this. Pretty sure Simone Biles picks up bonus on CP if someone just tells her the rules.

6 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Biles won four Olympic golds this week?

Technically aren't they?

They showed up to their job this week and did their job yeah?

This coddling crap is enough.  She let the fckn Rooskies beat us at an event we expected Gold, as a TEAM.  She didn't just let us, as keyboard warriors, down.  She didn't just let the great ole U S of A down.  She abandoned her TEAM.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Technically aren't they?

This coddling crap is enough.  She let the fckn Rooskies beat us at an event we expected Gold, as a TEAM.  She didn't just let us, as keyboard warriors, down.  She didn't just let the great ole U S of A down.  She abandoned her TEAM.

Wow....

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Technically aren't they?

She did compete and royally screwed up.  That happens in sports.  She withdrew because  she felt that she couldn't continue to compete effectively and would hurt the team.  When a pitcher has the yips, you don't send him out in the world series.    

17 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Agreed...and I am Askren fan, but may not be...

I did not think that Askren was too bad.  It seemed as if he was trying to figure out what was going on inside her head.  I think he had more of a problem with how the media has covered it.

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

I did not think that Askren was too bad.  It seemed as if he was trying to figure out what was going on inside her head.  I think he had more of a problem with how the media has covered it.

Ahhh...gotcha...good...I am with you guys on the way the media has handled this...the media is such a joke.

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

Ahhh...gotcha...good...I am with you guys on the way the media has handled this...the media is such a joke.

You know Askren, he's all over the place, but if he said something negative about her, it didn't seem to be his main point.  Brought up how he was relieved after all his big fights were over.  Talked about how he tells kids to view "pressure is a privilege." (Which I think is also a saying that Dake goes by.)  Mentioned a wrestler in best two out of three at Olympic Trials was basically not going to come out for the rubber match to decide the Olympian. Said the wrestler was just finished.  Wouldn't mention the wrestler's name, but the coaches had to work hard to get the wrestler to compete in match #3 and it went very well for the person.

I mean, in all honesty, I'm just peeved she cost us Gold.

Anything she is getting now from gents like us is nothing compared to what she is going to get directly for years to come now.  Good luck to the young lady.  If she wasn't mentally prepared to handle competition, she isn't going to be mentally prepared to handle the backlash of her having said weak mindset.

What I mean is... she'll never see our messages here.  Ever.

That hate mail, the life threats she will get?  It is going to get worse before it gets better for her.

That is the sadistic world she lives in.

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yeah.  You're correct.  Zain is better because he took the mat.

Biles went full coward.

Expecting Biles to compete with a mental block is equivalent to expecting her to vault with a broken arm or to flip on the beam with a broken leg.  The mind is injured and competing puts the gymnast at serious risk.  My gymnast daughter struggles with mental blocks and has twice required mental therapy for multiple weeks to overcome the fear.  Similarly she has broken her arm and required physical therapy to recover.

There is no equivalent concern to the wrestler's safety as to the mental block in gymnastics.  This is not a fear of losing.  This is not cowardice.  This is not not about toughing out the last mile run of a marathon.  Overcoming the gymnastic mental block is difficult and competing with it is life threatening.  Imagine the mental battle to convince yourself to jump out of an airplane without a parachute or to play Russian roulette with five bullets loaded in six-shooter.  Heavy odds are that the mentally injured gymnast that competes will be seriously injured.